How to root a system without knowing a bit about rooting? Plz Help

Search This thread

Arihant0908

Oct 11, 2021
Respected Forum Members and Readers,

I am an Android Rooting Enthusiast and I am totally new to this realm of hacking into the device and gaining its full access. I have just known about it through videos on youtube and have myself tried to root my device Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro by following videos not knowing really how the things work in actual and ended up losing original firmware. But since then I have been trying to find how to actually root a system by even reading the Book on Hacking by XDA Developers written by Jason Tyler. I have somewhat came to know the internal working but I am also a bit afraid as to try again to root my device as i really don't know how to do it till now and this time i can really not lose my device. But i still want to gain access of it and explore the infinite advantages of having a rooted device. Plz if anybody can help me walk my way through it.

Reactions: BHD@RN
D

Deleted member 1890170

Rooting a device's Android simply means to add "superuser" ( AKA root ) functionality to Android OS, will say add an Android user with elevated rights ( comparable to Administrator in Windows OS).

Because your phone runs Android 7 ( Nougat ) IMO the most easiest method to root your device's Android: Replace Android's Toybox binary - what is a restricted version by default - by unrestricted Toybox v0.8.5.

Arihant0908

Oct 11, 2021
Rooting a device's Android simply means to add "superuser" ( AKA root ) functionality to Android OS, will say add an Android user with elevated rights ( comparable to Administrator in Windows OS).

Because your phone runs Android 7 ( Nougat ) IMO the most easiest method to root your device's Android: Replace Android's Toybox binary - what is a restricted version by default - by unrestricted Toybox v0.8.5.
Thank You So Much for your reply but I am sorry as i might have said i just do not know anything about these technical terms like IMO and how to replace Android's Toybox Binary..., i would be really grateful if you could help me by elaborating a bit more as to what I have to exactly do.. Thank You Again

BHD@RN

Jun 13, 2021
Samsung Galaxy J1
POCO M3
Respected Forum Members and Readers,

I am an Android Rooting Enthusiast and I am totally new to this realm of hacking into the device and gaining its full access. I have just known about it through videos on youtube and have myself tried to root my device Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro by following videos not knowing really how the things work in actual and ended up losing original firmware. But since then I have been trying to find how to actually root a system by even reading the Book on Hacking by XDA Developers written by Jason Tyler. I have somewhat came to know the internal working but I am also a bit afraid as to try again to root my device as i really don't know how to do it till now and this time i can really not lose my device. But i still want to gain access of it and explore the infinite advantages of having a rooted device. Plz if anybody can help me walk my way through it.
it's very simple, i will try to be less technical but bear with me,

so, rooting is simply gaining access to systems core, by core i mean ability to access, modify and write into system (structure and file).

it is a great responsibility, as a simple stupid move can cause system to crash and may also brick your device.
------------------------------ but, don't worry as we here in XDA are there to help you,
as, the device in question is a Samsung j7 pro, normal rooting methods will not work as Samsung by default make it difficult to root it's phone.

you may refer this article to root your phone click here.
----------------------------- but it's some what technical so, i will explain, what is written there in next post.

BHD@RN

Jun 13, 2021
Samsung Galaxy J1
POCO M3
so, about what's in the article,
--------------------- first things first, you may cause damage to your device so, just to make sure i will not be responsible for any damage.

let's begin, what i will tell you about?
  1. ODIN (a software by Samsung to flash original firmware {that comes with phone})
  2. TWRP(custom recovery, a tool that is installed (flashed using odin )on phone to flash custom rom)
  3. Some tweaks files like RMM State By-Pass.zip and no-verity-opt-encrypt don't think much about them, they just bypass some restriction set by Samsung so, that rooting is successful. you can flash them through TWRP.

you can get link through the article for all required files so,

1. Download Samsung driver from here,
  2. install them on your PC
  3. download ODIN from here,
  4. after it, open settings app >> about phone >> software info >> then click build number 5-10 times till you are a developer option appears.
  5. after enabling developer option go to developer option, find it using search bar in settings app, it should be inside about phone section.
  6. inside developer option enable USB debugging and also enable OEM unlock option.
  7. after enabling OEM unlock option -----part 2 below.
this was part one if you got all till now you are good to go,

1. Connect your USB cable with PC. Switch off your device. Then, enter into Download mode. To do this; press and hold down the Volume Down +Home+ Power buttons and connect your micro USB Cable.
  2. 1634019373554.png
  3. Press the Volume Up button to continue when you see the warning message.
  4. Now, connect the Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro mobile to the computer via USB cable.
  5. download and extract odin downloaded earlier.
  6. launch odin by clicking on odin.exe file
    • After connecting the Samsung device, click on the PDA/PA button to browse/search and get the TWRP from where you saved it on your PC. Also, navigate to “options” and save settings like shown below.​
  7. 1634019701766.png

BHD@RN

Jun 13, 2021
Samsung Galaxy J1
POCO M3
after all this your phone should reboot automatically, and voila you have successfully flashed twrp on your device.

now power off your phone,
boot into twrp by pressing Volume Up + Home+ Power Button
then, it will boot into twrp.
Select Wipe->Advance Wipe->Select Cache Data
Return to Home of TWRP select Install
Select Magisk.zip (you can download magisk from github of magisk or from here )
slide to install.
same process for RMM State By-Pass.zip and no-verity-opt-encrypt install file one by one.

after all the process you should reboot into system.
then download magisk app and now you have root access, enjoy and like the post if you want.

Arihant0908

Oct 11, 2021
@BHD@RN
Thank You for taking pains to elaborate the process. i just want to ask one question are you sure this method won't brick my device this time. Sorry i am being like that because the phone i have mentioned is my mother's so she would be really pissed if it does not go right. And if my device gets stuck in boot loop rather being bricked can it still be recovered...

Last edited:
  • Love

BHD@RN

Jun 13, 2021
Samsung Galaxy J1
POCO M3
@BHD@RN
Thank You for taking pains to elaborate the process. i just want to ask one question are you sure this method won't brick my device this time. Sorry i am being like that because the phone i have mentioned is my mother's so she would be really pissed if it does not go right.
don't worry bro if you follow every step properly it will not brick, but to be on safe side backup internal storage and app data before starting to root your moms phone.

BHD@RN

Jun 13, 2021
Samsung Galaxy J1
POCO M3

BHD@RN

Jun 13, 2021
Samsung Galaxy J1
POCO M3
@Arihant0908

take note that in order to root Android by means of Magisk, as recommended / advised by @BHD@RN, neither ODIN nor TWRP is needed: flashing TWRP in this case - as a necessary prerequisite - is an absolute overkill.
All you need is to install Magisk Root app.
take note mr./mrs. @jwoegerbauer

if you know anything about magisk then you should know that it is not a one click root tool, you need to flash magisk for you to gain root access.

next, yes you only need to boot twrp but in case of samsung we need custom recovery to fix errors so it's good to have it flashed. odin helps remove complexity, and is safe to use.

i was trying to provide best stable and tested path and don't interfere if you don't know anything about topic, i humble request not to confuse people @jwoegerbauer

Arihant0908

Oct 11, 2021

if you know anything about magisk then you should know that it is not a one click root tool, you need to flash magisk for you to gain root access.

next, yes you only need to boot twrp but in case of samsung we need custom recovery to fix errors so it's good to have it flashed. odin helps remove complexity, and is safe to use.

i was trying to provide best stable and tested path and don't interfere if you don't know anything about topic, i humble request not to confuse people @jwoegerbauer
Ok so... in the end what i have understood is that:
1. I need to have Magisk.zip, RMM and no verity encrypt files on Phone.
2. I need TWRP, odin and android usb driver by samsung for windows 10 installed on pc.
3. I need to first flash TWRP using odin. Boot up my device
4. Then boot to TWRP, wipe cache, and flash Magisk.zip, RMM and no verity one by one as in one thing at a time using TWRP. Boot up and install magisk app.
If i missed something, disordered anything or have any suggestions then plz reply. Thank You

Last edited:

BHD@RN

Jun 13, 2021
Samsung Galaxy J1
POCO M3
Ok so... in the end what i have understood is that:
1. I need to have RMM and no verity encrypt files on Phone.
2. I need TWRP, odin and android usb driver by samsung for windows 10 installed on pc.
3. I need to first flash TWRP using odin. Boot up my device
4. Then boot to TWRP, wipe cache, and flash RMM and no verity. Boot up and install magisk app.
If i missed something, disordered anything or have any suggestions then plz reply. Thank You
on 4th point first flash magisk zip file download from
https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk (click on code and download)
flash magisk zip through TWRP then RMM and no verity encrypt file
then boot

if magisk app is present after booting then no need to download app else download the app from google

• Love
Reactions: Arihant0908

Arihant0908

Oct 11, 2021
on 4th point first flash magisk zip file download from
https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk (click on code and download)
flash magisk zip through TWRP then RMM and no verity encrypt file
then boot

if magisk app is present after booting then no need to download app else download the app from google
which magisk zip do i have to download... magisk, magisk beta, magisk canary
Moreover i am unable to select right TWRP specific to my device on its official page twrp.me . My device Model Number is SM-J730GM.

Last edited:
  • Wow

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @Arihant0908

take note that in order to root Android by means of Magisk, as recommended / advised by @BHD@RN, neither ODIN nor TWRP is needed: flashing TWRP in this case - as a necessary prerequisite - is an absolute overkill.
    See what I mean about not posting anything if you don't completely understand what you are talking about? This is two different members telling you this time, do not underestimate the fact that there is a reason why we are telling you this and do not overestimate your understanding of rooting, no offense, it is just obvious that you have some experience but not quite a full understanding of all the rooting methods or what devices they can be used on and which ones they can't.

Magisk is the most used method because it is what works best in most cases.

Root AND custom recovery is what is wanted by most people here, not just "root". Those that can't install custom recovery have to settle for only root but for those that can install custom recovery, it is either preferred by the user or is recommended by those of us that have experience with rooted devices because there are a lot of potential problems that can come along with rooting a device that can not be solved using stock recovery but CAN be solved using a custom recovery, not to mention the fact that custom recovery can create and restore complete backups where stock recovery can not. Talking people out of using a custom recovery isn't really doing them any favors, especially if they have no previous experience with rooting a device or using a device that has been rooting. Your advice about gaining root without TWRP may work, but, they are still better off to have a custom recovery installed instead of listening to your advice against using it.
    D
    Deleted member 1890170
    With regards to hiding root from banking / payment apps:

@Arihant0908

You Sir are a patient good man and I admire you....
    No Homo 🤣
    But for real,,, this is why I like XDA... MOST ....of the people here are helpful.
    @BHD@RN
    Thank You for taking pains to elaborate the process. i just want to ask one question are you sure this method won't brick my device this time. Sorry i am being like that because the phone i have mentioned is my mother's so she would be really pissed if it does not go right. And if my device gets stuck in boot loop rather being bricked can it still be recovered...