How To Guide How to root C21 with locked bootloader

Search This thread

smiley.raver

Apr 13, 2011
Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Xperia XZ2

please note that I will make a proper procedure in this post shortly. but in the mean time, you WILL need linux to be able to root your phone, as windows process does not work.,

while using linux, need to change the commands to be python3 where it says python.

just abit snowed under at the moment, but will be done inthe next 48 hours

Cherryblue

Oct 3, 2021
Hi, to complete what our friend previously said, we are at least three people to have used this tool and made it work. My phone REALME C21 is unlocked and rooted.

I used Windows, albeit it probably wasn't perfectly done.

The solution is to use the mtkclient tool produced on this github and follow each step of the guide on the github, under "Usage / Root the phone (tested with android 9-12)".

You must absolutely use the magisk App given on this github, the official one won't work, this is what prevented me previously to succeed. This magisk app has been patched for mediatek/realme phones.

Do not omit dumping steps, as it is your only way out if it doesn't work.

Also, for obscure reasons, I was unable to chain commands ; tool wouldn't work this way...
So each time I did and succeeded in doing one "mtk" command on the phone, I unplugged it, launched the next command, pushed vol up and vol down, and replugged it.
Maybe I missed something. (note that for the mtk tool to work, phone must be shutdown and then plugged the way I described or that it is described on the guide/tool itself)

Anyway, no guarantee for you here, but hey, it works :).

Last edited:
Reactions: A12sma

MrMiyamo

Hi, to complete what our friend previously said, we are at least three people to have used this tool and made it work. My phone REALME C21 is unlocked and rooted.

The solution is to use the mtkclient tool produced on this github and follow each step of the guide on the github, under "Usage / Root the phone (tested with android 9-12)".

You must absolutely use the magisk App given on this github, the official one won't work, this is what prevented me previously to succeed. This magisk app has been patched for mediatek/realme phones.

Also, for obscure reasons, I was unable to chain commands ; tool wouldn't work this way...
So each time I did and succeeded in doing one "mtk" command on the phone, I unplugged it, launched the next command, pushed vol up and vol down, and replugged it.
Maybe I missed something. (note that for the mtk tool to work, phone must be shutdown and then plugged the way I described or that it is described on the guide/tool itself)

Congrats

And i wanna point some thinks
Actually using windows for such job is a real pain, i used EndeavourOS.(Based on arch linux)

Magisk app actually not matter if you are on android 10, and actyally @smiley.raver used magisk app from original releases.

Therefore, i already asked differences here;

I had not need to replug my phone for each command, but i dont exactly remember how i did, lol.

Cherryblue

Oct 3, 2021
Yes. At least, this is one of the steps in the github guide, and it probably would not work if you don't do it.

smiley.raver

Apr 13, 2011
Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Xperia XZ2
apokogies for not getting a more step by step guirde completed with a series of issues with my mental health..

Bootloader unlock can only be on Android 10 - as soon as you try upgrade to android 11 - fastboot stops working - . I have not yet found a work around for android 11 as of yet - but you can still use the mtkclient tool to flash files like you would fastboot.

smiley.raver

Apr 13, 2011
Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Xperia XZ2
do a full phone backup - with python mtk rl out or python mtk rf flash.bin - this will ensure that if you do something wrong, or wipe a partition or bootloop - you can always flash the out directory or the flash.bin file - I am using 2 at the moment - 1 as daily driver - the other i had to restore after screwing around with a few wrong files - but i keep the backup of python mtk r out - and have reflashed and bricked and reflashed it about 15 times in the last 24 hours trying to get fastboot to work with android 11

MrMiyamo

do a full phone backup - with python mtk rl out or python mtk rf flash.bin - this will ensure that if you do something wrong, or wipe a partition or bootloop - you can always flash the out directory or the flash.bin file - I am using 2 at the moment - 1 as daily driver - the other i had to restore after screwing around with a few wrong files - but i keep the backup of python mtk r out - and have reflashed and bricked and reflashed it about 15 times in the last 24 hours trying to get fastboot to work with android 11
I am glad you finally become online after a long time :)

I have few think to say.

smiley.raver

Apr 13, 2011
Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Xperia XZ2
Trying to compile a twrp at same time.

Yeah it's been a rollercoaster of a ride the last few months. Had to put my dog down 2 days before Christmas. So this has been giving me a good distraction .

Found out a fair few things with this phone. Very weird and different to how it operates and upgrades/downgrades.

Been using a mix of sp flash tools, mtkclient and fastboot where applicable.

So what interedting things have happenef while I was away

smiley.raver

Apr 13, 2011
Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Xperia XZ2
Oh also if upgrading to android 11 make sure you have the correct firmware forthe correct region otherwise you get boot loop freezes and all sorts of wonderful $hit

smiley.raver

Apr 13, 2011
Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Xperia XZ2

Just to clarify, the magical app is not patched as such, it is an alpha branch, which encorporates extra coding/coding that is removed from the normal magisk, and. Can still be used on other phones as well, (it is hard to understand what most changes are as I can not read (assumption Chinese) that magisk alpha is mainly change logged as .

But yes that was one of the issues I faced being that didn't use the magisk alpha app originally.

Under Linux I didn't have to unplug each command. But under windows yes you need to run the command and then plug the phone in under Brom/download mode. You don't have to restart the phone after each command. Just need to unplug and run next command and then plug phone in

MrMiyamo

Trying to compile a twrp at same time.

Yeah it's been a rollercoaster of a ride the last few months. Had to put my dog down 2 days before Christmas. So this has been giving me a good distraction .

Found out a fair few things with this phone. Very weird and different to how it operates and upgrades/downgrades.

Been using a mix of sp flash tools, mtkclient and fastboot where applicable.

So what interedting things have happenef while I was away
We have TWRP, please get in touch with me from telegram.

I had sent you my telegram profile link from privatebmessage :)

MrMiyamo

Ok. Is it working. Because the ones I found were t working and setup for different phone.

Will jump on telegram tonight. Just busy today
We have working twrp for RUI1, but not fully tested.
Booting and decryption works though.

I didn't install the android 11 update on my phone in time,
And I can't find the RUI2 firmware anywhere right now.
(Sofware update center does not show RUI2 update anymore)

So if you have RUI2, we can build twrp for it.

I am looking forward for your message on telegram :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

please note that I will make a proper procedure in this post shortly. but in the mean time, you WILL need linux to be able to root your phone, as windows process does not work.,

while using linux, need to change the commands to be python3 where it says python.

just abit snowed under at the moment, but will be done inthe next 48 hours