[How to] Root for 4.4.2 and Flash rooted Stock Android 5.0 with KNOX 0x0?

Search This thread

wajiman

Jan 21, 2011
This method has been taken from the following threads and some what modified :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/verizon-galaxy-s5/general/how-to-root-g900vvru1ane9-t2836201
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2840150

Rooting method has been tested only on G900F, G900M, G900I and G900FD. Theoretically it should work on all the variants of S5 that were SUPPORTED by towelroot before updating . test and let me know ; )

FOR ANDROID LOLIPOP 5, LOOK BELOW THE ROOTING INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO UPGRADE FROM 4.4.2 TO 5.0 WITHOUT TRIGGERING KNOX. The Rom has been compiled/cooked by @_alexndr

Hence credits go out to:
@muniz_ri
@open1your1eyes0
@Misterxtc
@FlairDevil
@Chainfire
@_alexndr
@geohot
@aguarello
@lufeig
@mkh.mourad
@faraaz @Lonski

Missed any1?? shoot me a PM

For G900M please look at post #13 or click here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=54745709

Requirements:
1. Have ANG2 or latest 4.4.2 Rom installed
2. Require PC Odin 3.09
3. Kernal for NE2 (Old Rom Kernel for G900F ONLY, use F6 KERNEL FOR G900FD), get G900F kernels from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cun1uainm2h07em/KERNEL_G900FXXU1ANE2.tar.md5
4. Your current Rom Kernel prior to flashing the old kernel. Here the kernel for FOR H900F ONLY: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=18027 (kudus to @_alexndr) (if your Kernel is not there and/or you have a different variant like 900I, look below the instructions on how to create flashable kernel)
5. DISABLE REACTIVATION LOCK
6. IF YOUR DEVICE IS ENCRYPTED, DECRYPT IT

7. Towelroot and SuperSU downloaded and installed prior to flashing NE2 kernel

For SM-900I Australian:
Look >>>>here<<<<

Root instructions:

1. Get to download mode, and flash ANE2 kernel or relevant kernel that supports towelroot
2. Once done, reboot and open towelroot and click make it rain. (NOTE: wifi and s health will not work after flashing ANE2 kernel and you will face numerous FCs)
3. After this, reboot again into download mode and flash your current rom kernel. everything will start to work and all FC will be gone.
4. Open SuperSU and update binary and viola!!

For any Questions FAQ first before posting:
>>>Here<<<<

===============================​

Flashing android 5.0 WITHOUT TRIGERRING KNOX:

After rooting with the above method, flash using Mobile Odin Pro @_alexndr rom from this thread >>>>here <<<<

How to downgrade from Android 5 to 4.4.2??
1. Download ANE2 Firmware
2. Flash it via PC Odin.
3. Boot your phone into recovery mode and factory/data reset
4. Reboot and Viola

Last edited:

julianski

Aug 9, 2014
I followed the instructions and everything went well. When i flashed NE2 kernel S Health Service was force closing all the time
When i flashed back to NG2 kernel phone was running again like a champ!
Thank you very much for this guide! worked flawlessly:D

BTW Knox 0X0:)

Reactions: wajiman

ernie199

Jul 29, 2009
I'm not used to these procedures so I didn't really know what I was doing but it worked for me as well:

As above, S Health was FC constantly and it was pretty difficult to get into towelroot or SuperSU in between.

I already had SuperSU installed and I did not uninstall it before starting the procedure (may be I should have?). SuperSU wouldn't start because of no binaries installed so there was no way to install them (or I don't know how to do it). I could uninstall and reinstall SuperSU but it would not restart at all afterwards. I gave up.

During this time, I had also warning messages about unauthorized operations taking place and asking me to reboot to undo these changes. I ignored these messages.

I finally rebooted, flashed ANG2 kernel and rebooted. It seems everything is fine. I have root access and KNOX 0x0. SuperSU also works normally.

WiFi did not work either, as written in the guide. It looks like it removed the connexion settings. I had to re configure WiFi after last reboot.

Thank you very much for this procedure!

faraaz

Sep 13, 2008
Rotterdam
I updated my phone through OTA and want to root again using TowelRoot. I have the following ROM; G900FXXU1ANG9, is the ANG2 kernel the same or do I need to find the ANG9 kernel? If not, can I extract the ANG9 kernel without root? Because I can't find a download link for ANG9...

See screenshot for details:

u6uvy7un.jpg

Thanks in advance! Great tutorial btw!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk

Last edited:

wajiman

Jan 21, 2011
I updated my phone through OTA and want to root again using TowelRoot. I have the following ROM; G900FXXU1ANG9, is the ANG2 kernel the same or do I need to find the ANG9 kernel? If not, can I extract the ANG9 kernel without root? Because I can't find a download link for ANG9...

u6uvy7un.jpg

Mate as per your screen, kernel version number is same but date and dpi are different. i dont know what do they stand for but to be on the safe side i wont recommend you as of now to root. you will need to wait until your firmware is out on sammobile so to extract the kernel file from it.

Hi, i know this is for the lte version (sm-g900f) but do you know of a working method for the sm-g900h? Thanks for sharing.

Sorry towelroot does not support G900H so this method wont work on yours

Last edited:

lufeig

Sep 13, 2008
Sao Paulo
i want to thank the OP and everybody involved somehow for making this method successful for me.

thanks for this method, now i have a SGS5 SM-G900M, on firmware G900MUBU1ANG3, rooted, knox 0x0.

i was already on stock (non-rooted) G900MUBU1ANG3. find below my steps to accomplish this:

1. install towelroot apk on device

2. downloaded ODIN 3.09 on PC

3. downloaded G900MUBU1ANE2 firmware on PC

4. downloaded G900MUBU1ANG3 firmware on PC

5. using WINRAR, i extracted G900MUBU1ANE2 kernel (boot.img)

6. using this script (kudos to mkh.mourad), i created boot.tar.md5

7. put device in download mode (turn off, press POWER + VOLUME DOWN + HOME buttons, connect to PC using USB cable

8. run ODIN 3.09, click AP button, select "boot.img" just created, and flashed it. then deleted "boot.img"

9. upon device reboot, you will receive lots of FCs. don't worry, run towelroot, click make it ra1n

10. put device in download mode (turn off, press POWER + VOLUME DOWN + HOME buttons, connect to PC using USB cable

11. using WINRAR, i extracted G900MUBU1ANG3 kernel (boot.img)

12. using this script (kudos to mkh.mourad), i created boot.tar.md5

13. put device in download mode (turn off, press POWER + VOLUME DOWN + HOME buttons, connect to PC using USB cable

14. run ODIN 3.09, click AP button, select "boot.img" just created, and flashed it. then deleted "boot.img"

now i have latest official firmware, rooted, knox 0x0!!!

thanks!!! :D:D:D

Last edited:

Markee89

Aug 11, 2014
Hi!

I have a rooted G900F with ANE2. ANG2 is not available yet fro me. My question is if the update will be available and I want to update with root, I have to do the steps from the beginning or can I skip them and continue from 7?

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
Hi!

I have a rooted G900F with ANE2. ANG2 is not available yet fro me. My question is if the update will be available and I want to update with root, I have to do the steps from the beginning or can I skip them and continue from 7?

If i`am rooted i always disable the whole OTA procedure, just add .bak to FW Upgrade.apk and its odex file so it will not be active after reboot and you don`t get notifications anymore. Instead i flash the whole updated rom with Mobile Odin Pro and i check wipe data and cache, enable Everroot and the other 2 options and flash it. Make a app/data backup with Helium or Titanium Backup first of your apps and personal files.

aguarello

May 31, 2014
Santiago
If i`am rooted i always disable the whole OTA procedure, just add .bak to FW Upgrade.apk and its odex file so it will not be active after reboot and you don`t get notifications anymore. Instead i flash the whole updated rom with Mobile Odin Pro and i check wipe data and cache, enable Everroot and the other 2 options and flash it. Make a app/data backup with Helium or Titanium Backup first of your apps and personal files.

Do you replace the .apk for .bak or do you add it at the end of the .apk?

Thanks

Reactions: wajiman

asphaltkiller

Jan 18, 2009

u6uvy7un.jpg

you can download G900FXXU1ANG9 now sammobile has uploaded it!

I'll try to root G900FXXU1ANG9 tonight
http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=33474

Last edited:
Reactions: faraaz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This method has been taken from the following threads and some what modified :
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/verizon-galaxy-s5/general/how-to-root-g900vvru1ane9-t2836201
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2840150

Rooting method has been tested only on G900F, G900M, G900I and G900FD. Theoretically it should work on all the variants of S5 that were SUPPORTED by towelroot before updating . test and let me know ; )

FOR ANDROID LOLIPOP 5, LOOK BELOW THE ROOTING INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO UPGRADE FROM 4.4.2 TO 5.0 WITHOUT TRIGGERING KNOX. The Rom has been compiled/cooked by @_alexndr

Hence credits go out to:
    @muniz_ri
    @open1your1eyes0
    @Misterxtc
    @FlairDevil
    @Chainfire
    @_alexndr
    @geohot
    @aguarello
    @lufeig
    @mkh.mourad
    @faraaz @Lonski

Missed any1?? shoot me a PM

For G900M please look at post #13 or click here
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=54745709

Requirements:
    1. Have ANG2 or latest 4.4.2 Rom installed
    2. Require PC Odin 3.09
    3. Kernal for NE2 (Old Rom Kernel for G900F ONLY, use F6 KERNEL FOR G900FD), get G900F kernels from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cun1uainm2h07em/KERNEL_G900FXXU1ANE2.tar.md5
    4. Your current Rom Kernel prior to flashing the old kernel. Here the kernel for FOR H900F ONLY: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=18027 (kudus to @_alexndr) (if your Kernel is not there and/or you have a different variant like 900I, look below the instructions on how to create flashable kernel)
    5. DISABLE REACTIVATION LOCK
    6. IF YOUR DEVICE IS ENCRYPTED, DECRYPT IT

7. Towelroot and SuperSU downloaded and installed prior to flashing NE2 kernel

For SM-900I Australian:
    Look >>>>here<<<<

Root instructions:

1. Get to download mode, and flash ANE2 kernel or relevant kernel that supports towelroot
    2. Once done, reboot and open towelroot and click make it rain. (NOTE: wifi and s health will not work after flashing ANE2 kernel and you will face numerous FCs)
    3. After this, reboot again into download mode and flash your current rom kernel. everything will start to work and all FC will be gone.
    4. Open SuperSU and update binary and viola!!

For any Questions FAQ first before posting:
    >>>Here<<<<

===============================​

Flashing android 5.0 WITHOUT TRIGERRING KNOX:

After rooting with the above method, flash using Mobile Odin Pro @_alexndr rom from this thread >>>>here <<<<

How to downgrade from Android 5 to 4.4.2??
    1. Download ANE2 Firmware
    2. Flash it via PC Odin.
    3. Boot your phone into recovery mode and factory/data reset
    4. Reboot and Viola
    i want to thank the OP and everybody involved somehow for making this method successful for me.

thanks for this method, now i have a SGS5 SM-G900M, on firmware G900MUBU1ANG3, rooted, knox 0x0.

i was already on stock (non-rooted) G900MUBU1ANG3. find below my steps to accomplish this:

1. install towelroot apk on device

2. downloaded ODIN 3.09 on PC

3. downloaded G900MUBU1ANE2 firmware on PC

4. downloaded G900MUBU1ANG3 firmware on PC

5. using WINRAR, i extracted G900MUBU1ANE2 kernel (boot.img)

6. using this script (kudos to mkh.mourad), i created boot.tar.md5

7. put device in download mode (turn off, press POWER + VOLUME DOWN + HOME buttons, connect to PC using USB cable

8. run ODIN 3.09, click AP button, select "boot.img" just created, and flashed it. then deleted "boot.img"

9. upon device reboot, you will receive lots of FCs. don't worry, run towelroot, click make it ra1n

10. put device in download mode (turn off, press POWER + VOLUME DOWN + HOME buttons, connect to PC using USB cable

11. using WINRAR, i extracted G900MUBU1ANG3 kernel (boot.img)

12. using this script (kudos to mkh.mourad), i created boot.tar.md5

13. put device in download mode (turn off, press POWER + VOLUME DOWN + HOME buttons, connect to PC using USB cable

14. run ODIN 3.09, click AP button, select "boot.img" just created, and flashed it. then deleted "boot.img"

now i have latest official firmware, rooted, knox 0x0!!!

thanks!!! :D:D:D
    Thanks to the OP. This is confirmed working on my Australian SM-G900I. Also S-Health is working aswell.

Here is the method I used and a link to the kernels.

1) Download the G900IDVU1ANG3_G900IXSA1ANG2_XSA firmware from SamMobile and install it using odin 3.09. Let it reboot. (skip this step if you already have this firmware installed)

2) Install towelroot and superuser but do not run them yet.

3) Download the attachment below and extract it to your PC.

4) Put your phone into download mode and flash boot.tar.md5 from the G900IDVU1ANE1_BOOT folder using odin 3.09. Let it reboot.

5) Your phone will now be running slow but dont worry, this is normal. Now run towelroot and superuser.

6) Repeat step 4 but this time flash boot.tar.md5 from the G900IDVU1ANG3_BOOT folder.

7) To finish off I recommend a full factory wipe and a re-install of superuser for that new phone feeling but its not necessary.
    Congratulations :) You've been faster :D

★ [ROOT][N9005] ★ Rooting 4.4.2 XXUFNF4 & NEWER stock firmwares ★ (KNOX 0x0) ★

I've planned to create a similar thread for G900F, but no problem :D good work :good:
    I am currently at work. I'll upload the ANG9 kernel tonight!

I have attached the kernel for the people that want to root the ANG9 firmware. Use the instructions from post 1 and you will get root with knox 0x0!