Can I use this method on a SM-125u with cricket wireless as the carrier?This is the Method how i Root my Galaxy A12 .
This method is very easy if you take your time. THIS WILL ALSO WIPE YOUR DEVICE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DEVICE OR SD CARD DAMAGE.
BEFORE PROCEEDING, UNLOCK BOOTLOADER.
YOU CAN FIND THE FIRMWARE YOU NEED ON SAMMOBILE.
1. Download the firmware for your device.
2. Load Zarchiver from playstore.
3. Open Zarchiver and locate the firmware you downloaded.
4. Click on the firmware, a menu will appear at the bottom. You will then have option to extract.
5. Extract the firmware and you will have files..AP..BL..CP..CSC..and HOME_CSC. The only file we need is AP
6. Click on AP file and rename AP_A125FXX.md5 to AP_A125FXX.tar - so your just highlighting the file and removing md5 so it only says .tar at the end.
7. Once you have renamed AP file click and again you will be given the option to extract. Once extracted, locate boot.img.lz4
8. Then extract boot.img.lz4 leaving you with boot.img
9. You should have Magisk manager installed on device. Use Magisk to patch the boot.img. once patched locate magisk_patched.img and rename to boot.img
10. Return to Zarchiver locate the patched boot.img and compress to boot.tar.
11. Move compressed boot.tar to computer and rename to boot.img.tar
12. Put device in download mode, open Odin and put the boot.img.tar in AP and click start. Once odin says pass, your device will boot to stock recovery and you will have to do a factory reset so save anything you need before doing this.
13. Once Device boots - RE-install Magisk Manager and follow prompts.
Congatulations, Youre Rooted Now.
View attachment 5244935