How To Guide How To: Root Galaxy A12 | SM-A125F/DSN

Search This thread

flovlist

Feb 16, 2015
For me it doesn't work, followed all the steps, did it with boot.img only, with complete AP file, with custom boot.img from website but every time I end up on the start up screen and nothing happens. It doesn't boot and after couple of minutes it reboots.
I have the A127FXXU1AUF8 model/firmware but was not able to reboot.
Do you know any other way to root the android 11 samsung a12 without using Magisk?

LAST_krypton

For me it doesn't work, followed all the steps, did it with boot.img only, with complete AP file, with custom boot.img from website but every time I end up on the start up screen and nothing happens. It doesn't boot and after couple of minutes it reboots.
I have the A127FXXU1AUF8 model/firmware but was not able to reboot.
Do you know any other way to root the android 11 samsung a12 without using Magisk?
Try to do the same thing with other fimware, or even try rooting through a custom recovery.

flovlist

Feb 16, 2015
Try to do the same thing with other fimware, or even try rooting through a custom recovery.
Yeah I already flashed different firmware but that didn't help either.
Maybe I can try to install the unofficial TWRP but it looks like that one is for the A125F model which had some different hardware than then A127F so I don't think that is a good idea.
I can also try to flash the android 10 firmware and hope that that helps, I don't think that downgrading while flashing a complete different android version should be a problem, or is it?

Kairobot

Sep 7, 2021
Hi! Should i patch the boot.img.lz4 or should i remove the .lz4 first? Just starting out pls help

PAOLO_1

Jan 23, 2022
Hello I did everything according to the instructions but unfortunately no success I get an error message

20220124_144547.jpg 20220124_144526.jpg Screenshot_20220124-145159_Settings.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

PAOLO_1

Jan 23, 2022
I've tried everything and no success it's just a waste of time

download the mod apps and enjoy it instead of playing around with stuff like that :)

MauriJ2001

TheEND009

Feb 12, 2022
Will this method work on Samsung A12 SM-S127DL Straight Talk version? Root seems to be my only option to make SD internal storage for games/apps a viable solution.

mieucun123

Feb 17, 2022
help me
My phone show me this
ODIN MODE (DT Load Fail)!
[UFDT] DT Entry: not found rev 0x1
[UFDT] DTB Load Fail

May 24, 2015
With magisk I'm trying to patch boot.img but get error Unable to unpack boot image. How to proceed?

- Device platform: arm64-v8a
- Installing: 24.3 (24300)
- Copying image to cache
- Unpacking boot image
Parsing boot image: [/data/user_de/0/com.topjohnwu.magisk/install/boot.img]
HEADER_VER [0]
KERNEL_SZ [37591052]
RAMDISK_SZ [779522]
SECOND_SZ [4043309312]
EXTRA_SZ [369099106]
OS_VERSION [42.84.10]
OS_PATCH_LEVEL [2037-03]
PAGESIZE [2]
NAME [E06B004"]
CMDLINE [idboot.hardware=exynos850 ]
CHECKSUM [2203d5ea1e01b04b0546b97f0500718b050054eb1e01b06b8945b97f0100716d]
Segmentation fault
! Unable to unpack boot image
! Installation failed

alecxs

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Feb 17, 2016
gitlab.com
you are reading the wrong section. patch whole AP_*.tar.md5 instead

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the Method how i Root my Galaxy A12 .
    This method is very easy if you take your time. THIS WILL ALSO WIPE YOUR DEVICE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DEVICE OR SD CARD DAMAGE.

BEFORE PROCEEDING, UNLOCK BOOTLOADER.

YOU CAN FIND THE FIRMWARE YOU NEED ON SAMMOBILE.

1. Download the firmware for your device.
    2. Load Zarchiver from playstore.
    3. Open Zarchiver and locate the firmware you downloaded.
    4. Click on the firmware, a menu will appear at the bottom. You will then have option to extract.
    5. Extract the firmware and you will have files..AP..BL..CP..CSC..and HOME_CSC. The only file we need is AP
    6. Click on AP file and rename AP_A125FXX.md5 to AP_A125FXX.tar - so your just highlighting the file and removing md5 so it only says .tar at the end.
    7. Once you have renamed AP file click and again you will be given the option to extract. Once extracted, locate boot.img.lz4
    8. Then extract boot.img.lz4 leaving you with boot.img
    9. You should have Magisk manager installed on device. Use Magisk to patch the boot.img. once patched locate magisk_patched.img and rename to boot.img
    10. Return to Zarchiver locate the patched boot.img and compress to boot.tar.
    11. Move compressed boot.tar to computer and rename to boot.img.tar
    12. Put device in download mode, open Odin and put the boot.img.tar in AP and click start. Once odin says pass, your device will boot to stock recovery and you will have to do a factory reset so save anything you need before doing this.
    13. Once Device boots - RE-install Magisk Manager and follow prompts.

Congatulations, Youre Rooted Now.

Screenshot_20210309-182256_Root Checker Basic.jpg

** OUTDATED **
    28.3.2021: Download of patched boot.img.tar failed with error:
    SW REV CHECK FAIL : [boot]Fused 1 > Binary Only official released binaries are allowed to be flashed : boot

KG STATUS : PRENORMAL was the culprit. For naive users inexperienced with Samsung devices like myself might be usefull to have warning in the rooting guide to avoid PRENORMAL state and link to instructions how to do it.

Update 8.4.2021: To get rid of PRENORMAL state is enough to wait for a week with sim, active data connection and maybe also logged into google account. Do not reboot or disconnect network during wait time. Check the OEM ulocking state in developer settings time to time (to trigger status verification on Samsung servers).

Flashing unofficial binary succeeded afterwards.

Sources:
    https://milankragujevic.com/how-to-avoid-rmm-state-prenormal-when-unlocking-samsung-phones
    https://xdaforums.com/t/guide-17-06...ll-twrp-on-exynos-samsung-after-2018.3747535/
    This is the Method how i Root my Galaxy A12 .
    This method is very easy if you take your time. THIS WILL ALSO WIPE YOUR DEVICE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DEVICE OR SD CARD DAMAGE.

BEFORE PROCEEDING, UNLOCK BOOTLOADER.

YOU CAN FIND THE FIRMWARE YOU NEED ON SAMMOBILE.

1. Download the firmware for your device.
    2. Load Zarchiver from playstore.
    3. Open Zarchiver and locate the firmware you downloaded.
    4. Click on the firmware, a menu will appear at the bottom. You will then have option to extract.
    5. Extract the firmware and you will have files..AP..BL..CP..CSC..and HOME_CSC. The only file we need is AP
    6. Click on AP file and rename AP_A125FXX.md5 to AP_A125FXX.tar - so your just highlighting the file and removing md5 so it only says .tar at the end.
    7. Once you have renamed AP file click and again you will be given the option to extract. Once extracted, locate boot.img.lz4
    8. Then extract boot.img.lz4 leaving you with boot.img
    9. You should have Magisk manager installed on device. Use Magisk to patch the boot.img. once patched locate magisk_patched.img and rename to boot.img
    10. Return to Zarchiver locate the patched boot.img and compress to boot.tar.
    11. Move compressed boot.tar to computer and rename to boot.img.tar
    12. Put device in download mode, open Odin and put the boot.img.tar in AP and click start. Once odin says pass, your device will boot to stock recovery and you will have to do a factory reset so save anything you need before doing this.
    13. Once Device boots - RE-install Magisk Manager and follow prompts.

Congatulations, Youre Rooted Now.

View attachment 5244935
    You might want to add that this will only work on U1-U3 bootloaders. U4 has a SSB/LK bug that does not allow custom images, even when the bootloader is unlocked.
    It worked! Thank you so much for this tutorial! 😍
    You might want to add that this will only work on U1-U3 bootloaders. U4 has a SSB/LK bug that does not allow custom images, even when the bootloader is unlocked.
    you might read how old this post is, and its outdated long time ago.