• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How to root HTC Desire S Hboot 2.00.0002

Search This thread

koffert9

Dec 19, 2010
Hi guys!

I did some research on how to root the Desire S with Hboot 2.00.0002 and I read that many had problems rooting the phone. I had the same problem since the revolutionary method doesn't support hboot 2.00.0002. This made the process a bit harder.

But here is what I did to root my Desire S:

1. Unlocked bootloader using htcdev.com
(I know that Desire S is not listed but if you use "Desire" it will work.)

2. Downloaded Superoneclick v2.3
(This version is included with zergRUSH and Superuser.)

I connected the phone to the computer in USB Debugging mode and opened Superoneclick. Pressed the "Root" button and the process began. After a minute or two the phone was rooted.

The only problem with this method is that the phone is still S-on. But I think you can flash custom roms and so.

I hope this will help you guys! Good luck :)

jez9999

Aug 4, 2011
Hi guys!

I did some research on how to root the Desire S with Hboot 2.00.0002 and I read that many had problems rooting the phone. I had the same problem since the revolutionary method doesn't support hboot 2.00.0002. This made the process a bit harder.

I don't know what the "Begin Unlock Bootloader" button on http://htcdev.com/bootloader/ is meant to do, but I tried clicking it (AFTER logging in) in 3 different browsers and it did nothing.

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

OK, the answer is that if you access the page at http://htcdev.com/bootloader/ the button doesn't work but if you access it at http://www.htcdev.com/bootloader/ it does. Terribly designed JavaScript!

jez9999

Aug 4, 2011
Hi guys!

2. Downloaded Superoneclick v2.3
(This version is included with zergRUSH and Superuser.)

I connected the phone to the computer in USB Debugging mode and opened Superoneclick. Pressed the "Root" button and the process began. After a minute or two the phone was rooted.

The only problem with this method is that the phone is still S-on. But I think you can flash custom roms and so.

I hope this will help you guys! Good luck :)
Well I did exactly the same as you but SuperOneClick just locked up at step #7 WaitForDevice. :-( No idea what's wrong.

abhishek2386

Aug 22, 2012
Kolkata
www.techjawab.com
Well I did exactly the same as you but SuperOneClick just locked up at step #7 WaitForDevice. :( No idea what's wrong.

Sorry for digging up this old post, I am too suffering from the same problem.
Unable to go past the Step #7 Waiting for device

Looks like manu users are facing this problem (after going through SuperOneClick website), but found no solution.

Currently I have unlocked by Bootloader with HTC-dev, and I want to root my stock rom and back it up before trying any other custom rom.

Any help or suggestions on this will be highly appreciated. This is my first post in xda-developers hope everyone will be kind to me :fingers-crossed:

My Device: HTC Desire S (Android 2.3.5 Stock Unrooted)
HBOOT 2.00.002 S-ON
Bootloader: HTC-Dev Unlocked

cnkapadia

Aug 24, 2012
Sorry for digging up this old post, I am too suffering from the same problem.
Unable to go past the Step #7 Waiting for device

Looks like manu users are facing this problem (after going through SuperOneClick website), but found no solution.

Currently I have unlocked by Bootloader with HTC-dev, and I want to root my stock rom and back it up before trying any other custom rom.

Any help or suggestions on this will be highly appreciated. This is my first post in xda-developers hope everyone will be kind to me :fingers-crossed:

My Device: HTC Desire S (Android 2.3.5 Stock Unrooted)
HBOOT 2.00.002 S-ON
Bootloader: HTC-Dev Unlocked

I am facing the same problem!! Help needed.. I am sick of HTC going back and forth on whether Desire S will get an ICS update or not, suggest a fully functional stable rom too

abhishek2386

Aug 22, 2012
Kolkata
www.techjawab.com
I am facing the same problem!! Help needed.. I am sick of HTC going back and forth on whether Desire S will get an ICS update or not, suggest a fully functional stable rom too

If you're just interested in getting an ICS on your device then you can try this steps as you've already unlocked the bootloader the HTC-Dev way:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1525100

You can use any ROM as per your choice, my personal preference is Fallout:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1679125

Be sure to check and read the threads properly before you jump in.

Note for anyone who can help me: Please let me know if there is a way to ROOT HTC Desire S (HBOOT 2.00.0002) HTC-Dev unlocked, so that I can backup my stock ROM first before trying out the custom ROMs. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Kavrocks

Jul 19, 2012
Note for anyone who can help me: Please let me know if there is a way to ROOT HTC Desire S (HBOOT 2.00.0002) HTC-Dev unlocked, so that I can backup my stock ROM first before trying out the custom ROMs. Any help will be highly appreciated.
Install a custom recovery like 4EXT in the guide you posted and from there flash superuser. I've attached the file you need.

Attachments

• Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 269
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Install a custom recovery like 4EXT in the guide you posted and from there flash superuser. I've attached the file you need.