• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How to root Huawei Ascend G330 \ U8825-1

Search This thread

xRedDroidx

Dec 1, 2012
Hi guys, i recently bought a Huawei U8825-1 in Italy, a really nice phone, this is also my first smartphone :)
Now i really want to root it, but huawei have unlocked the bootloader only for the model U8825D but not for my model.
There is a way to root it?Thanks.

Edit:Finally the full firmware for our phone is out:

U8825-1 from Italy, brand Wind

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0suSo6BucqoTFdPV2p6ZzVhZUk/preview

Last edited:

morpheus69s

Dec 2, 2012
Hi guys, i recently bought a Huawei U8825-1 in Italy, a really nice phone, this is also my first smartphone :)
Now i really want to root it, but huawei have unlocked the bootloader only for the model U8825D but not for my model.

Same thing here, I bought mine in Germany. I've been searching for hour and hours but nothing. I think that's because this model is in some minor percentage of production just for specified areas. But maybe we'll get lucky next year

artic80

Sep 25, 2012
localhost
Last edited:

morpheus69s

Dec 2, 2012
I thought that the model U8825D was the dual sim and our model was the mono sim.Maybe I'm wrong.

That's true but that is just what I've said...since now, I think that mono sim model (U8825-1) is just for some european markets like Germany, Italy, UK France. Here in Croatia we don't even have it in the stores. But elswhere (China, Taiwan, and similar countries) there's just dual sim model on offer. So we'll see in the future, but I don't have any high hopes about unlocking the bootloader and finally, rooting :)

blaupunk

Feb 10, 2011
Download directly from your phone, go in system settings/about phone/online update.If you don't find anything maybe is because your phone is already updated.You should have B942 in the build number.
So, any hope now to see the root thanks to this update?

My phone, a U8825-1 bought in Germany, has the a b939 in the build number and the updater tells me that no updates are found :/ Oh well.

BTW, this is really a nice phone! Like everything from the handsome design to the good camera. I'm blown away for what I got for the price. I really hope some of the grand modders fall in love with it as I have, so we will see some good hacks and mods :)

Reactions: artic80

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    U8825-1 root

Huawei U 8825-1 can root with the following method.
    download 8825-1dload.rar
    when extract it you'll get dload folder.
    copy it to phone's SD card.
    Power off phone.
    Press (volume up + volume down +power) together and phone'll be updated.
    after reboot, you can root with unlockroot.
    This file is created by developer from Myanmar.

Edit:Finally the full firmware for our phone is out:

U8825-1 from Italy, brand Wind

Two kinds of HUAWEI U8825-1. Some can Root but some can't Root.
    If change Kernel, We can root to can't root device.
    NOTICE:
    But in some device, if we change Kernel that cause of damage __
    >> frequently rebooting
    >> IMEI can be loose but we can use phone call
    Be carefully that's for only HUAWEI U8825-1 can't root device
    Normal U8825-1 can root unlockroot_v3.0 Tool
    Not for U8825D

Download necessary file:
    mediafire.com/?5gy7wasjzb5azbp
    mediafire.com/?d1l1om7ls3lvgkk

(1) Extract U8825-1 Kernel dload.zip. Copy dload folder to formatted SD Card. Insert SD Card to Device.
    (2) Press together Volume up+ Volume down+ Power, device will update and reboot.
    (3) Extract unlockrootsetup.zip and Install unlockroot_v3.0_offline_Installer.exe.
    (4) Make sure your device USB Debugging on Setting>>{ } Developer options>>USB debugging.
    Run unlockroot_v3.0_offline_Installer.exe and ROOT.
    Sorry about Spelling.

All friends;
    All of my software knowledge posts are merely sharing. All posts have been tested. Especially, I earn with mobile HARDWARE repairing about more than five years. I m Myanmar and live in Ancient City Bagan-Nyaung Oo.
    Thanks All Members & Friends
    guys we can now start developing a new rom they release the opensorce kernel today
    http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwi...=toDownloadFile&flay=software&softid=NDcxMDk=
    lets stard do something when we get the bootloader unlocked
    R: How to root Huawei Ascend G330 \ U8825-1

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=43tEcoQ7dMc&desktop_uri=/watch?v=43tEcoQ7dMc&gl=IT.

Hehehehehe

Sent from my HUAWEI U8825-1 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

Firmware U8825-1 italy Wind

Hehehe

Sent from my HUAWEI U8825-1 using xda app-developers app