• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

how to root i9003

Ravi H Basawa

Jun 15, 2012
gadag
rhbroms.com
Guys m new to i9003 :) and i want to root my mobile and also want to know how to flash cwm on my device through odin .. pls help me ... I am not a noob i m a dev ! but i jus need help to not to brick my new phone .. so anyone pls help me with links so that it will be more easier for me to do it ... thank u :)....

Ravi H Basawa

Jun 15, 2012
gadag
rhbroms.com
Find out your firmware and download CF-Root for your firmware from this thread.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1331253
Read all instructions on this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1133787

CF-Root does include CWM so you'll be able to flash any C-ROM. Again, read all instructions for the ROM/MOD/Kernel/etc that you want to flash.
my device is XXKPN and the download link for CF-root has broken ..:( .. pls help me ..man ...

Hetalk

Sep 30, 2011
Ahmedabad
my device is XXKPN and the download link for CF-root has broken ..:( .. pls help me ..man ...
If your device is unrooted and original stock, try updating to the latest version for your region using samsung kies.

Then you might find better links for latest versions.
=======
Else you can flash XXKPQ directly and then root it using CF-root for that version.
Note on guide thread says "Note: XXKPQ can only be flashed with help from it's supporting predecessor XXKPE like the XXKPN/XXKPH/XXKPM series, So make sure you have XXKPE downloaded. User flashing version varies with this, but this is my successful 100% assured boot." So, I guess you can flash XXKPQ directly on your XXKPN.

Last edited:

Ravi H Basawa

Jun 15, 2012
gadag
rhbroms.com
If your device is unrooted and original stock, try updating to the latest version for your region using samsung kies.

Then you might find better links for latest versions.
=======
Else you can flash XXKPQ directly and then root it using CF-root for that version.
Note on guide thread says "Note: XXKPQ can only be flashed with help from it's supporting predecessor XXKPE like the XXKPN/XXKPH/XXKPM series, So make sure you have XXKPE downloaded. User flashing version varies with this, but this is my successful 100% assured boot." So, I guess you can flash XXKPQ directly on your XXKPN.
its really messy ... can u pls provide me the procedure of flashing cwm by using odin and i m goin to use superoneclick software for rooting my device ..:)

iAmBalvinder

Apr 5, 2012
New Delhi
its really messy ... can u pls provide me the procedure of flashing cwm by using odin and i m goin to use superoneclick software for rooting my device ..:)
If you're on gingerbread, it's highly recommended that you use cf root kennel.
Use the universal Amit.bagaria kernel for gingerbread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=19442301

you can find the detailed instructions there.
In simple words, power off your phone, enter into download mode by simultaneously pressing volume down, home and power button.
Then open Odin and in pda source select bagaria.tar
And unselect repartition option, select other 2 option (restart n other one).
Connect your phone via usb
Then see if Odin detects your phone, com port will turn yellow.
If it detects, press start and voila, you're done. It will restart the phone.
For your convenience, after auto restarting, Manual restart once again.

Press thanks if helped :)

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone