How to root Lenovo A7000 & Install CWM

Search This thread

Harahapreza

May 31, 2015
I rooted and it was fine, and the i installed freedom and lucky patch. And my google play keep crashing, and then I uninstall them, and now google play says it cant connect even though i have internet connection . And i tried to factory reset and FAILED it cant boot.... what can i do, i didnt backup from clockwork, is there any chance i can get a backup of A7000 from the Net and restore my phone please help...

Eversmile23

Aug 15, 2014
Rourkela
Help required for OTA update.

I had rooted my Lenovo A 7000 and installed CWM recovery(ported one as posted in XDA forum). Now I came to know that there is a new OTA update available. SO What should I do : (1) Directly accept update the OTA without unrooting, or (2) first unroot through SuperSu, then accept the available OTA, or (3) Should I apply the update( after downloading flashable zip file for this OTA, if available) through CWM recovery? Then, will I lose root and what difficulty may I face in re-rooting it after the update?

Last edited:

pankajy

May 29, 2015
I've rooted my phone using kingroot app initially, but unable to Flash recovery,
Then I tried your method with computer taken from XDA
ie using adb n bootloader then taken full backup in last step n installed SuperSU zip
But even now unable to flash CWM recovery, The kinguser of kingroot app has all root privilege instead of SuperSU.... I tried terminal emulator to transfer the root app privilege but the SuperSU did not get the privilege n ....... So with this method I am unable to install CWM recovery even I did follow the whole instructions but did not work* bcoz of that kingroot ...... I unrooted phone with the same kingroot n tried accordingly again but that kingroot app is neither uninstalling nor allowing others to do anything....
Pls help*
me to install CWM recovery, I wanna try new ROMs on my phone.

Sent from my Lenovo A6000

Sent from my Lenovo A6000 using XDA Free mobile app

Jun 8, 2015
pmt changed for rom,it must be downloaded error

SoIm getting this error after red bar completes. Someone also asked for this problem and someone told to flash the phone in this discussion. Please tell me how to flash this phone and what to flash??? Thankyou.

Last edited:

raviprakashji

Jan 1, 2015
I've rooted my phone using kingroot app initially, but unable to Flash recovery,
Then I tried your method with computer taken from XDA
ie using adb n bootloader then taken full backup in last step n installed SuperSU zip
But even now unable to flash CWM recovery, The kinguser of kingroot app has all root privilege instead of SuperSU.... I tried terminal emulator to transfer the root app privilege but the SuperSU did not get the privilege n ....... So with this method I am unable to install CWM recovery even I did follow the whole instructions but did not work* bcoz of that kingroot ...... I unrooted phone with the same kingroot n tried accordingly again but that kingroot app is neither uninstalling nor allowing others to do anything....
Pls help*
me to install CWM recovery, I wanna try new ROMs on my phone.

Sent from my Lenovo A6000

Sent from my Lenovo A6000 using XDA Free mobile app

To calm your horses, is this right topic for A6000? Is not this section about A7000? See title

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

I had rooted my Lenovo A 7000 and installed CWM recovery(ported one as posted in XDA forum). Now I came to know that there is a new OTA update available. SO What should I do : (1) Directly accept update the OTA without unrooting, or (2) first unroot through SuperSu, then accept the available OTA, or (3) Should I apply the update( after downloading flashable zip file for this OTA, if available) through CWM recovery? Then, will I lose root and what difficulty may I face in re-rooting it after the update?

So u r saying that you have not received any OTA updates since rooting? I just wanna ask you. I also have rooted recently. If there is really such problem then I will happily unroot. Lenovo updates have been very good atleast for my phone.

Jun 8, 2015
pmt changed for rom,it must be downloaded error

SoIm getting this error after red bar completes. Someone also asked for this problem and someone told to flash the phone in this discussion. Please tell me how to flash this phone and what to flash??? Thankyou. I have lenovo a7000 . For those whome phones are not detected can factory reset and again try to install drivers. It worked for me.:)

Eversmile23

Aug 15, 2014
Rourkela
Yes, u have to go back to stock ROM to flash the new OTA available.

To calm your horses, is this right topic for A6000? Is not this section about A7000? See title

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

So u r saying that you have not received any OTA updates since rooting? I just wanna ask you. I also have rooted recently. If there is really such problem then I will happily unroot. Lenovo updates have been very good atleast for my phone.

Yes, I fashed the stock ROM, Got OTA update, then again rooted.:)

raviprakashji

Jan 1, 2015
Means actually you formatted the phone and went through the pain of installing everything again? That's too much :(
Also, how did you come to know about the updates? What was your source?

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

That pmt changed for rom error is not solving for lenovo a 7000
I have OTA updated and build no is S137..row.:rolleyes:
Can you elaborate what are you saying? Are you unable to update?

Jun 8, 2015
When i click the download button and connect my lenovo a7000 to pc,that red bar completes and error window pops out saying "pmt changed for rom,it must be downloaded" everytime while rooting with sp flash tool. I have updated my ota.

Eversmile23

Aug 15, 2014
Rourkela
After updating OTA, u can re-install apps through RT Box Pro or 3C Tool Box Pro, if.

Means actually you formatted the phone and went through the pain of installing everything again? That's too much :(
Also, how did you come to know about the updates? What was your source?

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

Can you elaborate what are you saying? Are you unable to update?

I came to know about the update first through this XDA forum, also I observed a symbol in my mobile at top, that means 'new OTA update' is available. On rooted phone I took risk in trying to flash the OTA after downloading it, but as discussed in many forums on rooted phone it fails.

Eversmile23

Aug 15, 2014
Rourkela
Beware of Link2SD or other linking apps. Needs experimenting.

After rooting one may get tempted to use linking apps like Link2Sd or Apps2SD or other like that. But from my experience, even if it is small, our Lenovo device being a 64-bit device may not be fully compatible for using such apps. Link2SD (with Plus also) failed to move a single app to SD from internal memory, however it could link internal app to second partition of SD Card. But now I do not see any linked apps in the tab of 'linked' inside LInk2SD, though I saw but using 'Total Commander' app that I do have many apps in the sdext2.
So one has to experiment, before that it is advisable to create a back up like CWM back up or any other, so that if an app seems to vanish it can be retrieved easily.

kanagadeepan

Jul 27, 2011
Sivakasi
What is the need for apps2sd? We can set SD card as primary storage in Settings > Storage and then move apps to SD card through Settings > Apps > Downloaded.

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tapatalk

mohanvgopal

Nov 4, 2014
Chennai
How to root your MT6752 Android phone with Iroot :
Download IROOT - ------ www(.)mgyun(.)com/en/getvroot -------- { remove the brackets }
You just need to perform some easy steps that are explained in the video.
Step 1 - Turn on USB debugging and unknown sources.
Step 2 - Install your phone's ADB drivers.
Step 3 - Install IROOT.
Step 4 - Connect you phone to your pc using the original USB cable.
Step 5 - Click on the root button.
You are done and now your android is rooted !!
Will post on SU replacement later

then again I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR DUE TO THIS TUTORIAL

Hi, Sorry but the file downloaded from the above link is flagged for virus by Symantec.. Can you please upload a cleaner version?

Eversmile23

Aug 15, 2014
Rourkela
For linking apps to starage at 2nd partition.

What is the need for apps2sd? We can set SD card as primary storage in Settings > Storage and then move apps to SD card through Settings > Apps > Downloaded.

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tapatalk

It is not for moving apps to SD only, rather it has the option to link apps to 2nd partition(ext2, ext3, ext4 or FAT 32).

chikkarajusk

Jun 3, 2014
Hyderabad
Want to sell my A7000 ...Anybody from Hyderabad...?
Want to sell it for Rs.7500
.Just in new condition bought on 22-4-2015...with untouched accessories..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lenovo-A70001.jpg

Taking it down, because most of the user's are complaining they cannot root and the method is not working.
    It was already mentioned that this is for Lenovo K3 Note, same model as Lenovo A7000. Previously Lenovo K3 worked for Lenovo A6000 as well. I rooted mine as well, but I don't know what is wrong with others. Sorry and please wait for some developer to release one specially for Lenovo A7000.
    They are not responding

Asked for the solution at BBS.lenovo Chinese site...and waiting for the reply...

I have contacted several times to the Chinese websites viz. (1) http://bbs.lenovo.com/ (2) http://club.lenovo.com.cn/ and many more I don't even remember also Lenovo China care, Lenovo Hong kong Care / forums etc. not to mention India Lenovo Care/forum.. But my queiry are left unsolved every time and most of times i was left unanswered. Now the only way for further development is to root our devices.. that's it.

I tried doing readback for the files individually i.e boot.img, recovery.img, system.img respectively, using the start address & length.
    MTK Droid Tools was unable to produce scatter for my device ( as expected)
    As I don't have the scatter of Lenovo A7000a ( Mt6752) is used that of Lenovo A7600m ( Mt6752) i made readback of the recovery.img, boot.img and sytem.img.
    Then, I tried to view the Sytem.img with " ext4_unpacker" but for that it showed invalid/bad image.
    I would also like to add that different scatter of MT6752 (different Phones) have different partition_size for the system.img partition as I found out lately.

Believe me , I have done ..if not everything then close to everything...... every time i was unsuccessful or disappointed.

Anyway Lets keep our hope alive.
    guys need help here..
    I am getting the below error once I press download and connect the phone Lenovo A7000.
    "PMT changed for the ROM; it must be downloaded"
    I have attached screenshot..

Note: I had followed the steps mentioned here..
    stock recovery and boot.img

here is the stock recovery and stock boot.img from lenovo a7000-a can any one help now

hXXp://www{.}datafilehost(.)com/d/43ffba09
    support for lenovo..