Question How to root(Magisk)

Search This thread

PrzeStaw

Hey,
Has someone figured out how to root the phone after bootloader unlock? I saw some attempts in the GSI thread but it wolud be nice if somebody who done it publish a guide. [here or in the new thread]
This way it will be easier to find for future people to follow.

juergenh99

Dec 23, 2010
OnePlus Nord 2 5G
hi, i couldn't find a stock boot.img so far. seems we will have to wait some more time to be able to download latest firmware as full rom to get the boot.img, which we can then patch with magisk.
eagerly waiting for it, as i cannot hide my unlocked bootloader so far and some apps refuse to work now (also safetynet check fails)

Manugamé

Aug 31, 2018
OnePlus Nord CE 5G
hi, i couldn't find a stock boot.img so far. seems we will have to wait some more time to be able to download latest firmware as full rom to get the boot.img, which we can then patch with magisk.
eagerly waiting for it, as i cannot hide my unlocked bootloader so far and some apps refuse to work now (also safetynet check fails)
You can use the Oxygen Updater app on google play to download the latest full rom. then use https://github.com/vm03/payload_dumper
to get the boot.img.

moisthat

Jun 25, 2016
If you are already unlocked, download the boot image, patch with magisk etc Do you have to factory reset again?

moisthat

Jun 25, 2016
That's the point....where and how to download the latest boot.img??
Bootloader is unlocked already.
That's why I want the latest full rom to extract it from that.
My reply was confusing, and I wasn't actually replying to you. Sorry about that. I don't know how or where to download the boot.img.

I am trying to ask the community if we need to factory reset again when we flash the patched boot.img. Or if the reset we did during unlock is the only reset needed.

juergenh99

Dec 23, 2010
OnePlus Nord 2 5G
My reply was confusing, and I wasn't actually replying to you. Sorry about that. I don't know how or where to download the boot.img.

I am trying to ask the community if we need to factory reset again when we flash the patched boot.img. Or if the reset we did during unlock is the only reset needed.
unlocking the bootloader means to do a reset. flashing the boot.img does not cause a reset.
you just have root and working magisk after flashing and reboot ;)

Reactions: moisthat

PrzeStaw

I am not respondible if you brick your device as there is no full rom download to revert all this.

i have done this:

- installed magisk on the phone and transfered the attached boot.img to the phone.
- patched it with magisk and transfered it to pc

Flashing:

- Unlock bootloader
- Reboot into bootloader
- Download https://dl.google.com/developers/android/qt/images/gsi/vbmeta.img
- `fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img`
- `fastboot flash boot magisk_patched_boot.img`

rebootet and root worked but wifi/bt was broken due some version conflict

Fix for wifi/bt for me was:

- unpack vendor.xz
- reboot to bootloader
- `fastboot reboot fastboot`
- `fastboot flash vendor vendor`
- reboot

My Build Version is DN2103_11_A.08.

Thanks to @phhusson for his help and for his files!

Found in this thread. Hope it will work for further updates.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

unlocking the bootloader means to do a reset. flashing the boot.img does not cause a reset.
    you just have root and working magisk after flashing and reboot ;)