How to Root Moto G(8) power?

Search This thread

Vision919

Mar 8, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S7
Moto G Power
Hello. I have no clue how to root a Motorola. I'm used to Samsung. I know most of you think this is stupid, but I don't know how to root it. I have looked for it on google and either the tutorials suck or, well mostly they suck. I do want to use the stock ROM if that helps at all. But yeah, any answers will help, thanks, guys.

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Hello. I have no clue how to root a Motorola. I'm used to Samsung. I know most of you think this is stupid, but I don't know how to root it. I have looked for it on google and either the tutorials suck or, well mostly they suck. I do want to use the stock ROM if that helps at all. But yeah, any answers will help, thanks, guys.
You will need to unlock the bootloader,
which is about 3 steps or so,
  • allow oem unlocking
  • get the device bootloader code
  • summit code to Motorola
  • receive unlock code via emai
  • send the code to the device
Then you can root
2 methods for that both using Magisk
  • Twrp method (if there's a Twrp recovery for your device)
  • Use Magisk app to patch the boot.img. then flash patched-boot.img
See links in

If you use LMSA to get the stock firmware boot.img, be sure that LMSA has the same software version that is on your device.
It is possible that your device may have an OTA update that is not available Yet, there can be a couple of days delay for new firmware.
It's also possible that LMSA has a newer version than what is installed on your device, if that's the case you may want to update to new firmware before rooting.
For minor updates the boot.img should be compatible, if the android version changed you will need the correct boot.img

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Thank you for your reply. I'm just wondering now how to get stock ROM?