• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How to root Note 5 Android 7.0 Nougat

Search This thread

teckynerd6249

Jan 17, 2017
I haven't tried it yet im trying to confirm from other Verizon note 5 users that this root method will work ?? with the (Verizon samsung galaxy note 5 )

Couple thing to note in developer options there is OEM UNLOCK Iihave that checked is that to unlock bootloader ?

I need to know if it will work with Verizon note 5 variant

[email protected]

Feb 9, 2011
Carrollton. Texas 75010
I haven't tried it yet im trying to confirm from other Verizon note 5 users that this root method will work ?? with the (Verizon samsung galaxy note 5 )

Couple thing to note in developer options there is OEM UNLOCK Iihave that checked is that to unlock bootloader ?

I need to know if it will work with Verizon note 5 variant
Only way to find out is to try it. There worst that can happen is if the install fails while flashing it thru Odin.

And, yes, that is to unlock the bootloader.

That will need to be done 1st BEFORE anything else.

Remember, Odin and your firmware file(s) is your friend if anything gets ******* up.?

Reactions: teckynerd6249

teckynerd6249

Jan 17, 2017
Awesome bud.!! I realy appreciate it on the quick replys very helpfull Any suggestions .. clean fast fully functional functional roms

What should I use trwp/cwm sorry for poor spelling I want t make sure all bands work aws as well

Anything I should know befor proceeding

Im kinda noobish sence I have only rooted a Samsung fascinate yes lol / Samsung galaxy s3 all on Verizon wireless phones im ready to get my mint condition note

Is the a link or video showning how to do that that is update on all aspects steps! :)! :)#

Hey man again I realy appreciate yourhelp!! if get my note 5 rooted at least I give some $$$$ via paypal or if you have wells Fargo I can semd you money

Im happy right

Thanks bud :)

Reactions: [email protected]

[email protected]

Feb 9, 2011
Carrollton. Texas 75010
Awesome bud.!! I realy appreciate it on the quick replys very helpfull Any suggestions .. clean fast fully functional functional roms

What should I use trwp/cwm sorry for poor spelling I want t make sure all bands work aws as well

Anything I should know befor proceeding

Im kinda noobish sence I have only rooted a Samsung fascinate yes lol / Samsung galaxy s3 all on Verizon wireless phones im ready to get my mint condition note

Is the a link or video showning how to do that that is update on all aspects steps! :)! :)#

Hey man again I realy appreciate yourhelp!! if get my note 5 rooted at least I give some $$$$ via paypal or if you have wells Fargo I can semd you money

Im happy right

Thanks bud :)
No problem, my dude.

Happy to help.

Donate to the original Dev on the root program, if it still works. There should be some YouTube videos on how to do that.

?Just be patient and keep searching like I did.?

Also, I'd stick with TWRP recovery. Much better than CWM hands down!??

Reactions: teckynerd6249

teckynerd6249

Jan 17, 2017
I tried and work 100%.
Note 5 SM-N920C
1) I download Twrp from https://dl.twrp.me/noblelte/twrp-3.1.0-0-noblelte.img.tar.html
2) Use Twrp to flash @dr.ketan custom SuperSU script https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...persu-t3570740 (I download the attachment). and copy it to your phone to install it later.
3) I download Odin3 and open it
4) power off the phone -> then press and hold volume down, home and power button.
5) I plug the phone to PC then a blue icon will appear in the Odin that means is connected.
6) I click AP and I choose Twrp that I downloaded in 1.
7) the phone will restart and if not boot you have to click and hold (up and down volume button, menu, and power button) until the phone shutdown then clicks and hold up volume, home, and power button. twrp will start and select something by sliding to left then click install. and choose the zip file that downloaded in 2 then reboot the device and will root and work inshallah.

STEP 2 LINK NOT WORKING! please update link thanks

teckynerd6249

Jan 17, 2017
I tried and work 100%.
Note 5 SM-N920C
1) I download Twrp from https://dl.twrp.me/noblelte/twrp-3.1.0-0-noblelte.img.tar.html
2) Use Twrp to flash @dr.ketan custom SuperSU script https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...persu-t3570740 (I download the attachment). and copy it to your phone to install it later.
4) power off the phone -> then press and hold volume down, home and power button.
5) I plug the phone to PC then a blue icon will appear in the Odin that means is connected.
7) the phone will restart and if not boot you have to click and hold (up and down volume button, menu, and power button) until the phone shutdown then clicks and hold up volume, home, and power button. twrp will start and select something by sliding to left then click install. and choose the zip file that downloaded in 2 then reboot the device and will root and work inshallah.

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

I tried and work 100%.
Note 5 SM-N920C

HEY :) ( STEP 2) LINK NOT WORKING! please update link thanks

teckynerd6249

Jan 17, 2017

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

HEY :) ( STEP 2) LINK NOT WORKING! please update link thanks

GOT LINK WORKING !
but ran into problems
when i try to install in downloading mode on Odin 3 the newsiest version i get the following message
below (NOTE) im trying this on a ( Verizon note 5 SM-N920V) with firmware N920VVRS3CRH1
i have developer mode enable and OME UNLOCK enabled & in maintenance mode fab is unlocked to please look below any help would be awesome !!!!!!1:p

<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Odin engine v(ID:3.1401)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> Total Binary size: 23 M
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/004> recovery.img
<ID:0/004> RQT_CLOSE !!
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Last edited:

teckynerd6249

Jan 17, 2017
Found it thanks

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

Help please !

Im running into problems
when i try to root in on Odin 3 the newsiest version i get the following message
below (NOTE) im trying this on a ( Verizon note 5 SM-N920V) with firmware N920VVRS3CRH1
i have developer mode enable and OME UNLOCK enabled & in maintenance mode fab is unlocked to please look below any help would be awesome !!!!!!1:p

teckynerd6249

Jan 17, 2017
.........Hello........ Help please !

Im running into problems
when i try to root in on Odin 3 the newsiest version i get the following message

Top Liked Posts