• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How to root oppo A53 2020

Search This thread

subodh human

Feb 7, 2018
Pune
Realme 3 Pro
Realme 7 Pro
I tryied to patch the boot .img. I extracted from the firmware. It seems that that file is not recognised.
I am still looking to solve this.
Thanks!
Hey!! the real problem lies in flashing the patched_boot.img
You need to know that u can't flash anything unless your bootloader is unlocked
Sadly in realme and oppo devices unlocking bootloader isn't possible without the in-depth test app. This is provided my the manufacturer itself along with the kernel sources. Realme releases the kernel sources of each device after warranty period ,but oppo doesn't . Oppo has recently released the sources of a few devices ( best selling )
So the conclusion is u can't root unless oppo releases the in depth test tool.

And don't extract the boot from ozip with zip archiving tool
Use this

Reactions: amplatfus

amplatfus

Sep 26, 2009
OnePlus 8T
Got it, thanks all for help.

Then I will avoid OPPO in the future and I will not recommend it.
Low price, but the phone not totally mine. I bought it as secondary phone, in order to do tests for apps developed by me. So is useless for me in this case. Waste of time and money in my particularly case.

Also, my fault because I didn't he search really well before. I hope it is only my case. It depends what user needs are.

All the best,
amplatfus

subodh human

Feb 7, 2018
Pune
Realme 3 Pro
Realme 7 Pro

Low price, but the phone not totally mine. I bought it as secondary phone, in order to do tests for apps developed by me. So is useless for me in this case. Waste of time and money in my particularly case.

Also, my fault because I didn't he search really well before. I hope it is only my case. It depends what user needs are.

All the best,
amplatfus
Yeah even I think buying this phone was the biggest mistake I did and moreover u can't sell it too.
Anyway I gave it away to my dad

Mar 20, 2019
update:
I emailed oppo few days ago. they didnt reply about the bootloader but aparently they made the kernel source public. (link below)
but I think it's kinda useless since we still need unlocked bootloader to do any mods on this phone
(unless a signed programmer is available, there might still be hope if there is)

iidl

Sep 21, 2021
Sorry, but unlocking the bootloader is possible, there is an official program called in-depth test, using it and adb package, you can open the bootloader. The problem is that twrp does not support oppo a53.

siachori

Oct 7, 2021
So if we have access to the kernel and the ability to unlock using the in-depth test app has anyone path boot using magisk?
Did you tryed this? I have same phone
But not sure what .img file to use. this is officila ROM.CPH2127EU_11_OTA_0580_all_ou1osUyWrqeu, but mi phone is ColorOS v7.2 and android 10 ... I'm updating phone first ..

PD1: Tryed patching boot.img but its says: Unsupported/Unknown image format.
PD2: Trying with MTKroot. Same error: Unsupported/Unknown image format.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please I need assistance on how to root Oppo A53 2020 CPH2127
    update:
    I emailed oppo few days ago. they didnt reply about the bootloader but aparently they made the kernel source public. (link below)
    but I think it's kinda useless since we still need unlocked bootloader to do any mods on this phone
    (unless a signed programmer is available, there might still be hope if there is)
    I tryied to patch the boot .img. I extracted from the firmware. It seems that that file is not recognised.
    Thanks!
    Did you got the boot by doing a readback/dump or by extracting it from ozip file?
    Thanks!
    Hey!! the real problem lies in flashing the patched_boot.img
    You need to know that u can't flash anything unless your bootloader is unlocked
    Sadly in realme and oppo devices unlocking bootloader isn't possible without the in-depth test app. This is provided my the manufacturer itself along with the kernel sources. Realme releases the kernel sources of each device after warranty period ,but oppo doesn't . Oppo has recently released the sources of a few devices ( best selling )
    So the conclusion is u can't root unless oppo releases the in depth test tool.

And don't extract the boot from ozip with zip archiving tool
    Use this

All the best,
    amplatfus
    Yeah even I think buying this phone was the biggest mistake I did and moreover u can't sell it too.
    Anyway I gave it away to my dad