How to root OSS and still pass safetynet checks (2022)

Search This thread

Timka-1

Apr 16, 2022
So I just bought a OnePlus 7T Pro McClaren Edition and its great đź‘Ť
But I would really like to have it rooted.

I currently finally have stock rom installed again (after many frustrating hours) and am now passing the safetynet check.

I can:
1. Install Magisk (as an apk),
2. Patch boot.img
3. Unlock oem
4. Flash the patched img file

This works and I can have root access.

So far, unless I flash the original boot.img and wipe data again, I cannot lock OEM again (without seeing the corrupted data message).

Also, without locking oem, I'd keep getting the boot warning ⚠️ about bootloader being unlocked (which I guess is not so bad).

Seems like unless I have stock rom flashed, the safetynet check CTS test fails.

Anyways, I'm trying to find a way to root OOS and still pass the safetynet checks.

Thanks.

-=zipp=-

Jan 14, 2011
You need to enable Zygisk in Magisk, configure DenyList (walletfcrel, walletnfrćrel:primes_lifeboat and gapps and gservices), clear all data from Play Store, Play Services and GPay and reboot

slapman

Sep 20, 2011
Tampa, FL
OnePlus 7T Pro
Hi, yes, it does, i can confirm on both Oneplus 7 and Oneplus 7t Pro. You need to install universalsafetynetfix magisk module additionally and don't forget to wipe the data of gpay, google play and play services
At the time it didn't, and I had to find the the updated safetnet fix especially after updating to Android 12 and I custom ROM crDroid 13.

Reactions: DartGerion

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, yes, it does, i can confirm on both Oneplus 7 and Oneplus 7t Pro. You need to install universalsafetynetfix magisk module additionally and don't forget to wipe the data of gpay, google play and play services
    At the time it didn't, and I had to find the the updated safetnet fix especially after updating to Android 12 and I custom ROM crDroid 13.