How to root OxygenOS 12?

Search This thread

Swap_File

Apr 12, 2016
Thanks for the notification, I got it from you before my phone.

Here's patched C35:

Attachments

• magisk_patched-25200_R9Uve.zip
    21.1 MB · Views: 108
  • boot.zip
    21 MB · Views: 31
Reactions: bacon612

g33gz

Oct 5, 2016
I had to install the boot.img to both partitions. Once I did that., everything worked. On c.33 rooted again. Thanks for everyone who contributes to this thread.
Do you mean you had to install the stock boot.img -> run update -> flash magisk boot.img? looks like I'm having this same issue with c.35... I do a complete uninstall of magisk but updates via settings menu and upgrade APK fail...

EDIT: thought I updated this, I had to do a complete uninstall, then reflash stock boot on both A and B and then was able to update.

Last edited:

virtualkev

Feb 12, 2010
Thanks for the notification, I got it from you before my phone.

Here's patched C35:
@Swap_File you're a lifesaver, thankyouthankyouthankyou...

But no good deed goes unpunished. I have noticed that in prior posts you were kind enough to also post the original unmodified boot.img ... any chance you'd be willing to do that for IN2025.11.C.35 too?

(Er, because some of us, sometimes, goof and need a redo)

Huge thanks again

Reactions: Swap_File

g33gz

Oct 5, 2016
@Swap_File you're a lifesaver, thankyouthankyouthankyou...

But no good deed goes unpunished. I have noticed that in prior posts you were kind enough to also post the original unmodified boot.img ... any chance you'd be willing to do that for IN2025.11.C.35 too?

(Er, because some of us, sometimes, goof and need a redo)

Huge thanks again
See attached

Attachments

• boot.rar
    16.3 MB · Views: 53

ConteCobram

Aug 18, 2021
sorry but I'm a noob,
after that I have the two files boot.img and magisk_patched-25200_R9Uve
as I put them on the phone.
thank you

ConteCobram

Aug 18, 2021
it was already unlocked, but after an update (c35) I forgot to reboot with magisk
and here I am asking for help.
thank you
Ok n

thank you for your work and for your help, but after making the correction at boot.ing attached here, in the startup phase I see a written disable

and now the wifi remains disabled even if active icon searches for the network and then turns off automatically

Help

sydios

Jun 19, 2012
Hi .. I am on IN2025_11_C.20 I can't find the original image to extract the boot.img anywhere. I also tried to upgrade to C.35 via the Oxygen Updater app but the zip file I downloaded from there will not install. When I go to local install in the settings ->update menu it gives me an error "Can not verify the update" an it won't let me install it. Any ideas how to fix that?

bacon612

Jan 9, 2012
Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet
OnePlus 8 Pro
Looks like an update has dropped for IN2011. October security patch and finally a fix for video camera stutter. The stutter has been getting to me lately so hopefully they actually fixed it. Anyways I'm sure this will drop for 2025 soon.

bacon612

Jan 9, 2012
Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet
OnePlus 8 Pro
Looks like an update has dropped for IN2011. October security patch and finally a fix for video camera stutter. The stutter has been getting to me lately so hopefully they actually fixed it. Anyways I'm sure this will drop for 2025 soon.

Just got the push notification from oxygen updater for IN2025_11_C.36

Swap_File

Apr 12, 2016
c36 boot, patched and unpatched is attached.

I also updated my c35 post to include unpatched C35.

For some reason I couldn't restore my Magisk images from in the app like I used to be able to, so I first installed the stock C35 boot.img, then ran the update, then flashed the C36 magisk boot.img, and then made sure the Displax modified universal safety net fix was installed, and rebooted one more time, and then went into google pay to see if it worked.

So far, Google Pay has not complained about the update.

Attachments

• boot.zip
    21 MB · Views: 47
  • magisk_patched-25200_on9aO.zip
    21.4 MB · Views: 25

Top Liked Posts