How to root OxygenOS 12?

Search This thread

g33gz

Oct 5, 2016
@Swap_File when you tried to extract this, did you get any errors at all? Looks like I'm getting this towards the end:
I've used both payload dumpers I have and get similar errors around there
Code:
Extracting my_heytap
Extracting my_preload
Extracting my_manifest
Extracting my_bigball
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/tardo/update_payload_extractor/./extract.py", line 67, in <module>
    extract(args.payload, args.output_dir, args.old_dir, args.partitions)
  File "/home/tardo/update_payload_extractor/./extract.py", line 45, in extract
    helper._ApplyToPartition(
  File "/home/tardo/update_payload_extractor/update_payload/applier.py", line 554, in _ApplyToPartition
    self._ApplyOperations(operations, base_name, old_part_file,
  File "/home/tardo/update_payload_extractor/update_payload/applier.py", line 505, in _ApplyOperations
    self._ApplyReplaceOperation(op, op_name, data, new_part_file, part_size)
  File "/home/tardo/update_payload_extractor/update_payload/applier.py", line 254, in _ApplyReplaceOperation
    out_data = lzma.decompress(out_data)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.10/lzma.py", line 343, in decompress
    res = decomp.decompress(data)
_lzma.LZMAError: Input format not supported by decoder

Swap_File

Apr 12, 2016
Samsung Galaxy J7
Google Pixel 2
@Swap_File when you tried to extract this, did you get any errors at all? Looks like I'm getting this towards the end:
I've used both payload dumpers I have and get similar errors around there

Yeah, if you let it keep extracting you will get an error.

I always stop the process after the boot image gets extracted, I figure there's no real reason to let it keep going.

g33gz

Oct 5, 2016
Just got a push notification from Oxygen Updater for 2025_11_F.15. 667 megs with the December Security patch and a fairly long list of fixes. Pretty cool. Anyone else?
Have you successfully updated? I'm trying to on my end and keep getting a "There was an issue while preparing to restart. Please try again later" error

bacon612

Jan 9, 2012
Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet
OnePlus 8 Pro
Have you successfully updated? I'm trying to on my end and keep getting a "There was an issue while preparing to restart. Please try again later" error
I have successfully updated, yes. I did a 'complete uninstall' of Magisk which rebooted my phone. Then I checked for updates, which it found. The update installation went smoothly and rebooted. I have not yet sat down to boot with your patched boot.img but will in a few hours.

g33gz

Oct 5, 2016
I have successfully updated, yes. I did a 'complete uninstall' of Magisk which rebooted my phone. Then I checked for updates, which it found. The update installation went smoothly and rebooted. I have not yet sat down to boot with your patched boot.img but will in a few hours.
Ah, I think this was because my battery wasnt charged enough. Rookie mistake on my part!

Swap_File

Apr 12, 2016
Samsung Galaxy J7
Google Pixel 2
I tried uninstalling Magisk, rebooting, and updating from the built in system updater, but it kept failing part way through with "There was an issue while preparing to restart. Please try again later". I ended up downloading the update via Oxygen Updater, and doing a local update from zip, which worked.

@g33gz 's magisk_patched-25200_ZkH2v.zip worked great once installed.

I did however notice that the date on my lock screen is now spaced incorrectly, this appears to be a common problem.
https://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/comments/zxb6qg
Anyone else have this lock screen problem? I haven't reset my phone since Android 12, I wonder if I need to do a full reset at some point now that I'm on 13.

After the update I had to re-add my cards to google pay, but it all seems to be working.

Reactions: g33gz

g33gz

Oct 5, 2016
I tried uninstalling Magisk, rebooting, and updating from the built in system updater, but it kept failing part way through with "There was an issue while preparing to restart. Please try again later". I ended up downloading the update via Oxygen Updater, and doing a local update from zip, which worked.

@g33gz 's magisk_patched-25200_ZkH2v.zip worked great once installed.

I did however notice that the date on my lock screen is now spaced incorrectly, this appears to be a common problem.
https://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/comments/zxb6qg
Anyone else have this lock screen problem? I haven't reset my phone since Android 12, I wonder if I need to do a full reset at some point now that I'm on 13.

After the update I had to re-add my cards to google pay, but it all seems to be working.
That's odd, the spacing is normal on mine. Have you tried changing the resolution in the settings? maybe switch back and forth?

Reactions: Swap_File

Top Liked Posts