Question How to root Poco X3 Pro?

Search This thread

poco x3 pro

Apr 11, 2021
I have successfully unlocked my bootloader with the Xiaomi Unlock tool. I am new here and I want to know how I can root my Poco X3 Pro (I have 8GB 256GB Global Variant)? Can someone share the working TWRP and Magisk? I just want to root my phone if someone has any working version of Magisk to flash from Fastboot mode it will be enough.

Alkalinorap

Jun 2, 2012
You don't need flash TWRP to install magisk. You have to download the firmware you are using and copy the boot.img to the internal storage. Then install the latest version of the magisk app and select "patch boot.img" as the installation method. The generated file must be flashed by fastboot ("fastboot flash boot boot.img"). Congrats! You're root.

poco x3 pro

Apr 11, 2021
You don't need flash TWRP to install magisk. You have to download the firmware you are using and copy the boot.img to the internal storage. Then install the latest version of the magisk app and select "patch boot.img" as the installation method. The generated file must be flashed by fastboot ("fastboot flash boot boot.img"). Congrats! You're root.
While searching on google to download the firmware I found 2 versions:
1. Fastboot version of the ROM
2. Recovery version of the ROM

To patch the boot.img which version I will need?

GermanPlasma

Apr 14, 2021
I just made an account to remind: This is the Xiaomi.eu rom based on the chinese version

It is not the stock rom officially for the EU, the name of that would be "RJUEUXM"

I believe this is important, in case one wants to lock the bootloader again. From what I have read, unlocking a bootloader of a global/EU based Phone and downloading a chinese based rom and locking the bootloader will brick the phone. At least that's what I've read

lulzor

Dec 29, 2011
Hello,

I'm stuck with rooting... I had:
-unlocked bootloader after 168 hours.
-downloaded the fastboot rom of 12.0.4.0(RJUEUXM)
-extracted boot.img

Magisk app:

Magisk
Installed N/A A/B No
Ramdisk Yes SAR Yes
App
Latest 22.1 (22100) (20)
Installed 22.1 (22100)
Package com.topjohnwu.magisk

When I select install, there is 1 method only: "Select and Patch a file"
I select the extracted "boot.img" from the phone storage, "LET'S GO" --->>

- Device platform: arm-v8a
- Installing: 22.1 (22100)
! Unable to extract files
! Installation failed

Could you help me?

Alkalinorap

Jun 2, 2012
Hello,

I'm stuck with rooting... I had:
-unlocked bootloader after 168 hours.
-downloaded the fastboot rom of 12.0.4.0(RJUEUXM)
-extracted boot.img

Magisk app:

Magisk
Installed N/A A/B No
Ramdisk Yes SAR Yes
App
Latest 22.1 (22100) (20)
Installed 22.1 (22100)
Package com.topjohnwu.magisk

When I select install, there is 1 method only: "Select and Patch a file"
I select the extracted "boot.img" from the phone storage, "LET'S GO" --->>

- Device platform: arm-v8a
- Installing: 22.1 (22100)
! Unable to extract files
! Installation failed

Could you help me?
Upload and send me boot.img by pm, I'm going to try patch it to know if it is a problem with your magisk or the file.

urbanman2004

• Sep 16, 2013
    Rock Town
    Has anybody had any luck flashing the EU 12.0.5.0 (RJUEUXM)? My bootloader is unlocked and I put my device in fastboot mode, extracted all the files in archived in the rom into my adb folder (which contains the adb repositories) and double-clicked "flash_all.bat" and let the process complete. However, my device does a constant boot loop of the POC splash screen. I thought what I did would be sufficient, or would I need to use the Mi Flash tool to proceed w/ this process instead?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      i m waiting for the 6/128 variant. do i need a different firmware from the aforementioned one?
      I don't think so ;)
      Thank you. Currently downloading the 12.0.6.0 update on my phone. I will use @poco x3 pro patched boot image he/she posted here to try to root. I will copy and save the original boot image of 12.0.6.0 before trying to root. I will not be using custom ROM and will be staying with MIUI for now.

After rooting, if I want to revert back to 12.0.6.0 MIUI stock (unrooted), I would need to download the fastboot ROM for flashing in Mi-Flash, am I correct?

Also, is it OK to root without unlocking the bootloader?
      You must unlock bootloader to root, no way to root if you did not unlock your bootloader. (Unless someone found exploit)

You have root if you find developer Roms for this device, but none on the net now.

You can re-lock bootloader with root, but I don't recommend to lock it back. There's chance to brick it.

Unroot can be done by flashing your original boot.img back, or press uninstall in Magisk.

fastboot ROM for flashing will revert TWRP recovery to stock mi-recovery as well. It's the clean way to unroot, but you lost all your stuff.
      it seems that Magisk 22.1 was the problem, uninstalled, and installed v22.0. This version was able to do its job.
      I can do it with 22.1, I think something strange happened with your phone.
      will i be receiving formal OTA updates if i just root the phone? (no custom rom, no custom recovery)
      tried searching, but didnt find something relevant in this thread.
      Yes, you will receive system updates but every time you update your phone the root will be gone.

a simple solution is that you have to root every time after the update.
      just download the recovery ROM (same MIUI version after updated) and extract boot.img from it and again patch boot.img though magisk and again flash it via fastboot.
      i m waiting for the 6/128 variant. do i need a different firmware from the aforementioned one?
      if you doubt then Just download the recovery or fastboot version of the same MIUI version you have then extract the boot.img from it and patch it with the latest magisk app and flash the patched boot.img via fastboot mode.
      Thank you. Currently downloading the 12.0.6.0 update on my phone. I will use @poco x3 pro patched boot image he/she posted here to try to root. I will copy and save the original boot image of 12.0.6.0 before trying to root. I will not be using custom ROM and will be staying with MIUI for now.

After rooting, if I want to revert back to 12.0.6.0 MIUI stock (unrooted), I would need to download the fastboot ROM for flashing in Mi-Flash, am I correct?

Also, is it OK to root without unlocking the bootloader?
      You must unlock bootloader to root, no way to root if you did not unlock your bootloader. (Unless someone found exploit)

You have root if you find developer Roms for this device, but none on the net now.

You can re-lock bootloader with root, but I don't recommend to lock it back. There's chance to brick it.

Unroot can be done by flashing your original boot.img back, or press uninstall in Magisk.

fastboot ROM for flashing will revert TWRP recovery to stock mi-recovery as well. It's the clean way to unroot, but you lost all your stuff.
      I don't think so ;)
      I just made an account to remind: This is the Xiaomi.eu rom based on the chinese version

It is not the stock rom officially for the EU, the name of that would be "RJUEUXM"

I believe this is important, in case one wants to lock the bootloader again. From what I have read, unlocking a bootloader of a global/EU based Phone and downloading a chinese based rom and locking the bootloader will brick the phone. At least that's what I've read
      While searching on google to download the firmware I found 2 versions:
      1. Fastboot version of the ROM
      2. Recovery version of the ROM

To patch the boot.img which version I will need?
      Fastboot version.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone