Question How to root Poco X3 Pro?

Search This thread

tftcamilo

Aug 20, 2013
You don't need flash TWRP to install magisk. You have to download the firmware you are using and copy the boot.img to the internal storage. Then install the latest version of the magisk app and select "patch boot.img" as the installation method. The generated file must be flashed by fastboot ("fastboot flash boot boot.img"). Congrats! You're root.
should I do this on A / B partitions ????

poco x3 pro

Apr 11, 2021
will i be receiving formal OTA updates if i just root the phone? (no custom rom, no custom recovery)
tried searching, but didnt find something relevant in this thread.
Yes, you will receive system updates but every time you update your phone the root will be gone.

a simple solution is that you have to root every time after the update.
just download the recovery ROM (same MIUI version after updated) and extract boot.img from it and again patch boot.img though magisk and again flash it via fastboot.

Reactions: nikapos

poco x3 pro

Apr 11, 2021
i m waiting for the 6/128 variant. do i need a different firmware from the aforementioned one?
if you doubt then Just download the recovery or fastboot version of the same MIUI version you have then extract the boot.img from it and patch it with the latest magisk app and flash the patched boot.img via fastboot mode.

Reactions: nikapos

onoakino

Sep 25, 2015
Manila
Hi. New to poco x3 pro but not new to flashing/rooting. I find that rooting poco x3 is a bit involved. Needing to extract the boot image and patch it within Magisk. Four years ago, I was used to just flashing magisk inside TWRP and that's it. :D

My question is, in order to get the appropriate boot.img for my current rom, do I really need to download the fastboot rom, or would the recovery rom suffice? The file size is significant. 5gb for the fastboot while only 3gb for the recovery.

I don't have the fastest connection from where I live, so I'm hoping the boot image inside the recovery rom and the fastboot rom are the same.

I'm on MIUI Global 12.0.2 Stable 12.0.2.0 RJUMIXM.

I just want to root.

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
Needing to extract the boot image and patch it within Magisk. Four years ago, I was used to just flashing magisk inside TWRP and that's it. :D

I just want to root.
Boot image is the safe and guaranteed way.

You can flash Magisk zip within TWRP, follow the guide on Magisk github.

Sometimes there's weird errors (especially you have bad internet connectivity), so I don't take the responsibilities of any loss you encountered. You have to risk it and try yourself.

Though I think this device is very easy to root, and even if you failed, you can use Mi-flash to revert back to stock.

I'm on MIUI Global 12.0.2 Stable 12.0.2.0 RJUMIXM.
You sure you have 12.0.2.0 "RJUMIXM"?

There's no such known version. Having a fake phone or Xiaomi authorized developer or just copy and paste?

The only 2 countries having 12.0.2.0 is Taiwan and Turkey.

Last edited:

onoakino

Sep 25, 2015
Manila
Thank you. Currently downloading the 12.0.6.0 update on my phone. I will use @poco x3 pro patched boot image he/she posted here to try to root. I will copy and save the original boot image of 12.0.6.0 before trying to root. I will not be using custom ROM and will be staying with MIUI for now.

After rooting, if I want to revert back to 12.0.6.0 MIUI stock (unrooted), I would need to download the fastboot ROM for flashing in Mi-Flash, am I correct?

Also, is it OK to root without unlocking the bootloader?

onoakino

Sep 25, 2015
Manila
You sure you have 12.0.2.0 "RJUMIXM"?

There's no such known version. Having a fake phone or Xiaomi authorized developer or just copy and paste?

The only 2 countries having 12.0.2.0 is Taiwan and Turkey.
Updated to the latest 12.0.6 Stable.
Yes, I am absolutely sure that I was on 12.0.2.0 RJUMIXM. Bought it from Shopee authorized reseller store so I'm sure this is not fake.

onoakino

Sep 25, 2015
Manila
Screenshot_2021-05-09-15-07-57-853_com.android.settings.jpg

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
Updated to the latest 12.0.6 Stable.
Yes, I am absolutely sure that I was on 12.0.2.0 RJUMIXM. Bought it from Shopee authorized reseller store so I'm sure this is not fake.
I would say you might had 12.0.4.0.RJUMIXM before rather than 12.0.2.0.RJUMIXM.

I believe your phone is a true one, but you might had remembered a wrong version number, but nevermind, not that important.

Global never had 12.0.2.0, at least from the rom sites.
Reference

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
Thank you. Currently downloading the 12.0.6.0 update on my phone. I will use @poco x3 pro patched boot image he/she posted here to try to root. I will copy and save the original boot image of 12.0.6.0 before trying to root. I will not be using custom ROM and will be staying with MIUI for now.

After rooting, if I want to revert back to 12.0.6.0 MIUI stock (unrooted), I would need to download the fastboot ROM for flashing in Mi-Flash, am I correct?

You must unlock bootloader to root, no way to root if you did not unlock your bootloader. (Unless someone found exploit)

You have root if you find developer Roms for this device, but none on the net now.

You can re-lock bootloader with root, but I don't recommend to lock it back. There's chance to brick it.

Unroot can be done by flashing your original boot.img back, or press uninstall in Magisk.

fastboot ROM for flashing will revert TWRP recovery to stock mi-recovery as well. It's the clean way to unroot, but you lost all your stuff.

onoakino

Sep 25, 2015
Manila
I would say you might had 12.0.4.0.RJUMIXM before rather than 12.0.2.0.RJUMIXM.

I believe your phone is a true one, but you might had remembered a wrong version number, but nevermind, not that important.

Global never had 12.0.2.0, at least from the rom sites.
Reference
12.0.2.jpg

From where I'm from, there's an official POCO store that's shipping out x3pro with 12.0.2 ootb. This is not my device's screenshot of About Phone, but it is a proof that 12.0.2 x3pro exist. But I have to admit that there is very little google results about the x3p having 12.0.2. I almost believed that I might have just misread 12.0.4 to be 12.0.2, until I saw someone from Facebook from my country posted his About Phone, and he too has 12.0.2 ootb.

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
View attachment 5319777

From where I'm from, there's an official POCO store that's shipping out x3pro with 12.0.2 ootb. This is not my device's screenshot of About Phone, but it is a proof that 12.0.2 x3pro exist. But I have to admit that there is very little google results about the x3p having 12.0.2. I almost believed that I might have just misread 12.0.4 to be 12.0.2, until I saw someone from Facebook from my country posted his About Phone, and he too has 12.0.2 ootb.

So it does exist a version without a ROM released. My apologies.

Maybe it's early manufactured products together with those given for journalists and tech guys.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You don't need flash TWRP to install magisk. You have to download the firmware you are using and copy the boot.img to the internal storage. Then install the latest version of the magisk app and select "patch boot.img" as the installation method. The generated file must be flashed by fastboot ("fastboot flash boot boot.img"). Congrats! You're root.

You must unlock bootloader to root, no way to root if you did not unlock your bootloader. (Unless someone found exploit)

You have root if you find developer Roms for this device, but none on the net now.

You can re-lock bootloader with root, but I don't recommend to lock it back. There's chance to brick it.

Unroot can be done by flashing your original boot.img back, or press uninstall in Magisk.

fastboot ROM for flashing will revert TWRP recovery to stock mi-recovery as well. It's the clean way to unroot, but you lost all your stuff.
    i m waiting for the 6/128 variant. do i need a different firmware from the aforementioned one?
    I don't think so ;)
    I just made an account to remind: This is the Xiaomi.eu rom based on the chinese version

It is not the stock rom officially for the EU, the name of that would be "RJUEUXM"

I believe this is important, in case one wants to lock the bootloader again. From what I have read, unlocking a bootloader of a global/EU based Phone and downloading a chinese based rom and locking the bootloader will brick the phone. At least that's what I've read
    I have successfully unlocked my bootloader with the Xiaomi Unlock tool. I am new here and I want to know how I can root my Poco X3 Pro (I have 8GB 256GB Global Variant)? Can someone share the working TWRP and Magisk? I just want to root my phone if someone has any working version of Magisk to flash from Fastboot mode it will be enough.