How to root Ramos W17 Pro?

Search This thread

sleepingsword

Mar 12, 2011
Oslo
So I just bought one of these...

Ramos W17 Pro 7 Inch Dual Core 1.5 GHz

Specs looked very good for 140 USD and well... I could not resist :)

Any idea how to root these suckers?

pezastic

Mar 23, 2013
Syracuse
Missing install from sd card on recovery mode

Root for Android 4.1.1 yadi dot sk slash d slash wIJQTG-f23CZs
Root for Android 4.0.3 yadi dot sk slash d slash cPO0kn7r23Cbi

Thanks for that. However, I have a problem. I am missing the option to "install zip from sd card" in recovery mode. As directed, I removed the sd card after saving the file above to it, and then turned off the W17 Pro. Then, I held down the sound - button and then the power button and reinserted the sd card after entering recovery mode. The only update options I have are "apply update from ADB", "apply update from EXT", and "apply update from cache".

Any idea what could be causing the missing option? And, more importantly, how to get passed this problem?

Last edited:

ankar84

Jan 23, 2013
Novosibirsk
Thanks for that. However, I have a problem. I am missing the option to "install zip from sd card" in recovery mode. As directed, I removed the sd card after saving the file above to it, and then turned off the W17 Pro. Then, I held down the sound - button and then the power button and reinserted the sd card after entering recovery mode. The only update options I have are "apply update from ADB", "apply update from EXT", and "apply update from cache".
Any idea what could be causing the missing option? And, more importantly, how to get passed this problem?

Hi! Now you have a stock recovery, and it hasn`t a lot of functions. You need a CWM recovery, or TWRP.
I attached all of them. But be carefull, os version is very important!
Unpack archive to the root of SD card.
And then boot into recovery: Volume - and Power

CWM:
cwm6_w17_4.0.zip if you have ICS
cwm6_w17_4.1.zip if you have JB

TWRP:
twrp_w17_old.zip you have ICS
twrp_w17_new.zip if you have JB

Attachments

• cwm6_w17_4.0.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 429
  • cwm6_w17_4.1.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 505
  • twrp_w17_new.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 458
  • twrp_w17_old.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 317

Necrofenser

Apr 4, 2013
I will get this tablet in few weeks, so my only question is: is the latest firmware w17ref.20130322.eng.liu ( www(dot)ramos(dot)com(dot)cn/download.php?action=view&id=394 ) rootable?

Nyein Chan Zaw

Jan 15, 2013
Hi! Now you have a stock recovery, and it hasn`t a lot of functions. You need a CWM recovery, or TWRP.
I attached all of them. But be carefull, os version is very important!
Unpack archive to the root of SD card.
And then boot into recovery: Volume - and Power

CWM:
cwm6_w17_4.0.zip if you have ICS
cwm6_w17_4.1.zip if you have JB

TWRP:
twrp_w17_old.zip you have ICS
twrp_w17_new.zip if you have JB

Is that CWM work on ramos W21?

Joline

Sep 1, 2007
Hi,

I've updated recently to 4.2.2 but the CWM versions from here:
I attached all of them. But be carefull, os version is very important! ...
did not work anymore. Is there any update? Or is there any possibility to get CWM work on W17Pro with the latest firmware 4.2.2?

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts