How To Guide How to root Samsung A52s (SM-A528B/DS) with working Camera

Search This thread

heal3r

Nov 30, 2022
Even no camera issue on Android 13!
But you have to install the MagiskHide Props Config Modul via Magisk.
Now you use a Terminal App.
Type "su" press Enter, to get root rights
Type "props" press Enter, wait until the list has loaded.
Type "2" press Enter, for Edit device fingerprint
Type "d" press Enter, to Pick value from device
Type"26" press Enter, to select Samsung
Type "18" press Enter, to select Samsung Galaxy A52 4G, instead of A52S 5G
Type"y" press Enter, to confirm
Type"Y" press Enter, to Reboot.
Camera should work now.
Oh goodness thanks! Android 13 without root sucks!

kingman90

Nov 6, 2022
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
there is a better method now that we have twrp. install twrp with the vbmeta file at the post for it and follow all instructions completely. have magisk apk on your phone, and also rename a copy of it to magisk.zip on your phone in the external card. reboot to the twrp and install the magisk.zip. then when back into your phone, install the magisk.apk and open it. it will say it has to reboot so do so. when it has rebooted, you are done

Is that about installing twrp and root both in one procedure?

dornz

Feb 19, 2013
Hi yes flash twrp first to your device and then you will be able to flash magisk zip from within twrp to give you root access

Reactions: kingman90

dornz

Feb 19, 2013
Screenshot_20230102_193037_Root Check.jpg

Reactions: kingman90

LemondeX

Apr 24, 2020
Hamburg
Thanks so much and I encourage everyone to do this method.
I have a problem with TWRP (vs. 3.7.0_12-3).
After every reboot into Recovery, the Data-Prtition is not mountable.
I have formated the Data - Partition in the beginning. But it is encrypted after rebooting.
Also, the TWRP-Settings is resetting to default everytime.
In older Android - Versions, i had to flash the Samsung multidisabler.zip, to prevent encrypting.
But now the multidisabler is no more running under newer Android - Versions.

How can I prevent Device from encrypting the Data - Partition on Samsung A52S 5G (SM-528B) ???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Once twrp is installed then you flash magisk zip & your rooted

Flash

ash
    Hi yes flash twrp first to your device and then you will be able to flash magisk zip from within twrp to give you root access
    Guys, I DID IT !!!!
    Working Samsung A52s (SM-A528B/DS) with Unlocked Bootloader, Rooted (Magisk), Passing SafetyNet and WORKING CAMERA (yaaay).

Problem is that I have no idea how I did it, because it was 3 days of flashing, patching, reinstalling and phone bricking too (unfortunately).

I am attaching a screenshot I did with the phone while writing this post in Word. Someone wanted screenshots in split screen as a proof so.. boom, here ya go.

I have a lot of pictures that I made in last 3 days, so I will try to write some more detailed instructions soon. But now at least try this:
    This should work for anyone, even people without working camera after unlocking bootloader

1. Download latest Firmware and Odin from samfw.com (don’t know why but these was only one that worked for me, bricked my phone earlier with different fw)
    2. Unpack downloaded firmware and copy AP to a phone with Magisk 24.1
    3. Use Magisk app to patch the AP file and download it back to PC
    4. Unlock bootloader (first in developer settings, then in the download mode)
    5. Reboot
    6. Go to Download mode (You should see OEM: OFF (U))
    7. Flash with Odin all the Firmware files you downloaded, but to AP put the patched file
    8. Reboot
    9. Go to magisk, do what he wants, reboot, in settings activate seamless host, activate Zygisk, reboot, download and install module kdrag0n’s safetynet-fix v2.2.1 (https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix/releases)
    10. reboot
    11. yaaay

UPDATE: Ok, It seems that the Camera software will fail after reboot once. When you close it and open it again, it works.
    CONFIRMED: I had to reflash after trying some TWRP and now I can confirm that patching the "safetynet-fix v2.2.1" will allow you to use the camera after one run. The Samsung Cam App will fail on the first run, so when you kill it in the app switcher and run again, it works in a normal way (switching cameras, front/back and everyhing).
    Okay so I've tested around with some apps and somehow WhatsApp and Snapchat were able to access the camera though I have no idea why and why the main camera app can't.

Install the MagiskHide Props Config with magisk, use a terminal emulater and type SU then enter then type props and enter, wait for a list of options. take #2 then select "c" (without the quotes) to set a custom value and enter and then type SM-A526B and enter, say Y to the next two options, then Y to reboot. That will get camera working by spoofing a phone other than the A52S.
    Guys, I DID IT !!!!
    Working Samsung A52s (SM-A528B/DS) with Unlocked Bootloader, Rooted (Magisk), Passing SafetyNet and WORKING CAMERA (yaaay).

Problem is that I have no idea how I did it, because it was 3 days of flashing, patching, reinstalling and phone bricking too (unfortunately).

I am attaching a screenshot I did with the phone while writing this post in Word. Someone wanted screenshots in split screen as a proof so.. boom, here ya go.

I have a lot of pictures that I made in last 3 days, so I will try to write some more detailed instructions soon. But now at least try this:
    This should work for anyone, even people without working camera after unlocking bootloader

1. Download latest Firmware and Odin from samfw.com (don’t know why but these was only one that worked for me, bricked my phone earlier with different fw)
    2. Unpack downloaded firmware and copy AP to a phone with Magisk 24.1
    3. Use Magisk app to patch the AP file and download it back to PC
    4. Unlock bootloader (first in developer settings, then in the download mode)
    5. Reboot
    6. Go to Download mode (You should see OEM: OFF (U))
    7. Flash with Odin all the Firmware files you downloaded, but to AP put the patched file
    8. Reboot
    9. Go to magisk, do what he wants, reboot, in settings activate seamless host, activate Zygisk, reboot, download and install module kdrag0n’s safetynet-fix v2.2.1 (https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix/releases)
    10. reboot
    11. yaaay

UPDATE: Ok, It seems that the Camera software will fail after reboot once. When you close it and open it again, it works.
    CONFIRMED: I had to reflash after trying some TWRP and now I can confirm that patching the "safetynet-fix v2.2.1" will allow you to use the camera after one run. The Samsung Cam App will fail on the first run, so when you kill it in the app switcher and run again, it works in a normal way (switching cameras, front/back and everyhing).
    Ok, I confirm this works!! Way to go sir. Thanks so much and I encourage everyone to do this method. WooHoo :D
    Once twrp is installed then you flash magisk zip & your rooted