- Oct 29, 2015
It worked. Thanks!
1. Download Odin, latest one. (I know you can find it on Google, I have faith in you).
2. Download TWRP from here(.tar please)
3. Download SuperSU 2.64 from here and place it in your SDCard.
4. In your phone, go to Settings -> About Device and tap "Build number" until your thumb bleeds, or 7 times, whatever works for you better.
5. In your phone, go back to Settings and you see a new option "Developer options" just above that "About device", tap it, find "OEM unlock" and flip the switch.
6. Switch off your phone and put it in download mode(Press the Home, Volume down and power button at once until you see a "Warning" screen, press volume up).
7. Start Odin ( Didn't find it? well, I am disappointed in you. Download it from here), put "twrp-188.8.131.52-j2lte.img.tar" in "AP", AND MAKE SURE YOU UNTICK "Auto Reboot".
8. Connect your phone to your pc, you should see something appear miraculously under that "ID:COM" tab.
9. Click "Start" from the lower side of Odin.
10. Wait untill you see "RESET" or "PASS" in the box above "ID:COM" then disconnect your phone from your pc and take out the battery.
11. Place the abttery back in and put your phone into Recovery mode by pressing Home, Volume Up and Power button at once, LET GO of the POWER BUTTON when you see the SAMSUNG BOOT LOGO but KEEP PRESSING the VOLUME UP and HOME BUTTON, you should now boot into TWRP.
12. In TWRP, click "Install" and find the SuperSU.zip you placed in your SDCard earlier, flash it, go back and "Reboot system now".
13. Tell your mother that she gave birth to a legend and she is the best in the universe(s).
Do you have the drivers installed? No? well, I am disappointed still, find them here, they are located just under that bold "Samsung Android USB Driver for Windows".
You can download and install kingroot app and open it, it will reboot several times and you can get root. But it won't work properly. Preferred method is use twrp installation by Odin using computer and install SuperSU from twrp.Sir how I will root my mobile phone j2 without using computers
2.50 supolicy adjustments for Samsung 5.1.1
1. Download Odin, latest one. (I know you can find it on Google, I have faith in you).Hey Is there anyone who can open a new thread or a post explaining step by step process to root this device. That would be great for everyone.........:good::good::good:
Um - so you're trying to dev blind and asking people to test something that you can't test yourself? Interesting lol