• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

How to root sony xperia x compact?

Search This thread

ondrejvaroscak

Jan 21, 2015
Aachen
Hello everyone,
I really want to have my x compact rooted? Can you guys show me how?

Best,
iknn

You can only root X Compact if you UNLOCK your bootloader. Be sure, to BACKUP your DRM keys before unlocking! You will need to use dirtycow backup tool found in Sony Cross-devices forum. After you are unlocked, you need to flash recovery (TWRP) and either SuperSU or phh's superuser.

Everything you need is here on forums. Once again, BACKUP your DRM keys, because unlocking bootloader deletes them irreversibly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone,
    I really want to have my x compact rooted? Can you guys show me how?

Best,
    iknn

You can only root X Compact if you UNLOCK your bootloader. Be sure, to BACKUP your DRM keys before unlocking! You will need to use dirtycow backup tool found in Sony Cross-devices forum. After you are unlocked, you need to flash recovery (TWRP) and either SuperSU or phh's superuser.

Everything you need is here on forums. Once again, BACKUP your DRM keys, because unlocking bootloader deletes them irreversibly.