How to root the T-Mobile Note 7 using the sprint leaked firmware.

ethanscooter

Jun 21, 2014
Somewhere out there.
Here's how you do it: Follow the EXACT SAME GUIDE FROM THE SPRINT NOTE 7 SECTION!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-note-7/how-to/root-super-leaky-bros-sprint-galaxy-t3447202

To get LTE to work again just add the T-Mobile APN (not that hard).

Also, you might want to freeze all the "Sprint OMADM" packages with titanium backup once you're rooted (will cause less of a hassle everytime you boot. I understand the devs in the "all things root" thread are holding this from you because they want to fix wifi calling but I think giving you root at all will tie you over for now. Also, I'm having problems downloading the gear VR apps with this so it's related to following this tutorial.

Thank you so much to the developers who made this possible for the Sprint note 7 and for everyone who brought this to the other variants (the T-Mobile note 7 was the easiest imo). It's a little funny to think that this whole time it was this easy and we could've been rooted all along. *If you really need the T-Mobile firmware rooted so you can enjoy wifi calling I've been working on something for a few hours but it's not ready.*

T-Mobile APN: https://bestmvno.com/apn-settings/t-mobile-apn-settings/

Edit: YouTube video added.

Last edited:

ethanscooter

Jun 21, 2014
Somewhere out there.
If you're wondering why the model number ends with a "P" is because it's sprint firmware, silly. Your model number will appear as that. In the video you can see I am on T-Mobile. Yes, I do have a T-Mobile note 7. You can find some of my posts of me waiting for my note 7 in Charlie's waiting room thread.

ethanscooter

Jun 21, 2014
Somewhere out there.
Thanks, but still waiting for official from @freeza
Uh, this is from freeza? It's his thread that you are following but for the sprint note 7. It turns out it flashes perfectly on the T-Mobile note 7 with no problems and you can add the T-Mobile APN to fix LTE (that's what worked for me).

He leaked the firmware, we're toying with his work (well I barely did anything as you didn't need to do much different for the T-Mobile variant). But yes, I can see why you'd wait for the official ONLY if it is based off of T-Mobile firmware.

Reactions: Rx8Driver

twe90kid

Jan 20, 2008
Uh, this is from freeza? It's his thread that you are following but for the sprint note 7. It turns out it flashes perfectly on the T-Mobile note 7 with no problems and you can add the T-Mobile APN to fix LTE (that's what worked for me).

He leaked the firmware, we're toying with his work (well I barely did anything as you didn't need to do much different for the T-Mobile variant). But yes, I can see why you'd wait for the official ONLY if it is based off of T-Mobile firmware.
Meant to say i'll wait for him to release the info on how to fix wifi calling and volte.

ethanscooter

Jun 21, 2014
Somewhere out there.
i am stuck at the part where i am pushing adb to the phone, it says cannot stat "sun7" : cannot find directory. help please
You need to make a folder called "sun7". Then extract all the contents of the zip you download into that folder. Wherever ADB is installed that folder needs to be in the same directory. Or if ADB is not in the same location provide the path.

Example: adb.exe push C:\pathtofilehere /directory/guide/tellsyouto/pushfoldercontentsto

Reactions: iunlock

oreice

Jan 13, 2013
Evergreen park
You need to make a folder called "sun7". Then extract all the contents of the zip you download into that folder. Wherever ADB is installed that folder needs to be in the same directory. Or if ADB is not in the same location provide the path.

Example: adb.exe push C:\pathtofilehere /directory/guide/tellsyouto/pushfoldercontentsto
i literally feel retarted, i just figured that out lmfao

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

it wont let me activate my tmobile network