[HOW TO ROOT]Tinji I9300

Search This thread

flavien317

Aug 22, 2012
Hi, i have buy an android smartphone, the tinji i9300. Have MTK6577, 512 RAM and android 4.1.1.
But i want root this for make many task :p
So how can make this root please ?
thanks

hardi75

Feb 28, 2010

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-08-22-20-14-13.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-08-22-20-14-13.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 12,079

flavien317

Aug 22, 2012
This Tinji I9300 looks similar to the Star GT-i9300 MT6577 from cect-shop.com. I bought the CECT version and rootet it with a modified boot.img.
I attached a screenshot of my system-info. If you think we have the same phones i can upload my boot.img.

http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1276083&stc=1&d=13456611160

yes it is all same like this. have root the phone ? have good rom for this, becasue just 512ram is verry little ?
thanks

Last edited:

rickyko

Oct 14, 2009

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-08-23-13-40-12.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-08-23-13-40-12.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 1,853
Reactions: B0C0RZ

hardi75

Feb 28, 2010
Hi,

i used a modified boot.img to root the phone.
I did it on my own for the phone i've bought at cect-shop.com (see above) so i'm not sure that it will work on other i9300s too.

I recommend to save your own boot.img first using the readback function from the flashtool with startadress:0x0000000000f88000 and lenght 0x00600000.

You are using this file on your own risk, good luck ! ;)

Attachments

• root-boot.rar
    4.5 MB · Views: 5,478
Reactions: Micke.T.E

flavien317

Aug 22, 2012
Hi,

i used a modified boot.img to root the phone.
I did it on my own for the phone i've bought at cect-shop.com (see above) so i'm not sure that it will work on other i9300s too.

I recommend to save your own boot.img first using the readback function from the flashtool with startadress:0x0000000000f88000 and lenght 0x00600000.

You are using this file on your own risk, good luck ! ;)

thanks but have you guide for save boot im and root ?

hardi75

Feb 28, 2010
i make all of step but, i change the n9770root.zip by the boot of your boot.img ? how can i save my boot img of the no root phone ?
thanks

n9770root.zip includes all what you need, drivers (maybe the most difficult part), flashtool and a boot.img. This boot.img must be swapped with my file. You can do this by doubleclicking the boot.img in the flashttool after loading the scatterfile. Try it out, you can't harm anything as long as the phone is not connected.

When you opend the flastool you will find a button labeled with 'readback'. Click it, than press 'add' and enter the adresse and length. if you finished that press readback and the tool will read your boot.img to your harddisc.

flavien317

Aug 22, 2012
n9770root.zip includes all what you need, drivers (maybe the most difficult part), flashtool and a boot.img. This boot.img must be swapped with my file. You can do this by doubleclicking the boot.img in the flashttool after loading the scatterfile. Try it out, you can't harm anything as long as the phone is not connected.

When you opend the flastool you will find a button labeled with 'readback'. Click it, than press 'add' and enter the adresse and length. if you finished that press readback and the tool will read your boot.img to your harddisc.

i can't arrieved to download, i clik on yes and after the download don't begining.
and for save my boot.img, i don't understand, i can't connect my phone ? i make just the adress and leght you have post ? and sure it is the same like my phone ?

hardi75

Feb 28, 2010
i can't arrieved to download, i clik on yes and after the download don't begining.
and for save my boot.img, i don't understand, i can't connect my phone ? i make just the adress and leght you have post ? and sure it is the same like my phone ?

You have to load the scatterfile, change the boot.img,then first press 'download' before you connect your phone which have to be off.
The download should start automaticly, if not or if an error-window appears the driver is not installed correctly.

I wasn't able to install the driver on 2 Windows 7 PCs. I reactivated my old Windows XP PC and was succesfull. It seems to be a bit difficult to install the driver.

The adresse and length should be the same on every MTK6577 phone, you had to connect your phone as the last step. Doesn't matter if you want to download or readback.

I know no other way to root a MTK6577 phone than flashing a rootet boot.img, it was easier on MTK6575 phones.

flavien317

Aug 22, 2012
if i understand, i open flashtool, i make all like you say (boot img, scartet fil...), i click on download, i click on yes and i connect my phone (with or without batterie) ?
and i don't understand for save my boot ?
thx, and sorry, im noob in android :D

inamie

Aug 16, 2012
KLang
Phone white screen

Help, my phone show white screen after flash the boot.img... How to revert that...

---------- Post added at 01:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 AM ----------

Help, my phone show white screen after flash the boot.img... How to revert that...

Ohh.. figure out copy the wrong file.. Now everything works fine..TQ

hardi75

Feb 28, 2010

---------- Post added at 01:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 AM ----------

Ohh.. figure out copy the wrong file.. Now everything works fine..TQ

Your phone is rootet ? What phone do you have ? Tinji i9300 ?
I just would like to know for which phones the modified boot.img can be used.

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

if i understand, i open flashtool, i make all like you say (boot img, scartet fil...), i click on download, i click on yes and i connect my phone (with or without batterie) ?
and i don't understand for save my boot ?
thx, and sorry, im noob in android :D

Yes, connecting the phone should be the last step. Take the battery out for a second to reset the phone and put it back before connecting it.

As you say you are an android noob i would urgently recommend to make a backup first.

Start the flash-tool -> load the scatter-file -> click on 'Read back' -> click on 'Add' -> doubleclick the new entry -> give a name for your backup -> enter start-adress and length -> click ok -> click on readback button -> connect your phone.

If the driver is correctly installed the tool starts automaticly. The result should be a file with a bit more than 6MB.

Last edited:

hardi75

Feb 28, 2010
I don't know, just found this per google.

can anybody please make a readback from the recovery-file (0x0000000001588000 / 0x00600000) ?

I damaged mine while playing around, even though i'm not sure that the phone had a working recovery before.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unbricking Tinji the hard way when no other solution

Hi guys,

A good lesson learned after rewriting PRELOADER and DSP_BL with another phone's.
    The phone was dead, no led when connected to usb and of course no activity on flash tool as the usb port was not activating.
    Basically as i understand the critical blocks are the first 5, PRELOADER and DSP_BL (that's why flash tool has them with red text) and also MBR, EBR1 and UBOOT.

Anyway after having the phone in this condition i was searching for unbricking methods and i found this good thread in the Russian site forum.china-iphone.ru/viewtopic.php?p=730752
    I understood the principle although the translation was not good, i searched with the multimeter for points that with connected the usb cable will have a voltage near the battery voltage as was suggested at that post. Finaly i found the two points that are shown in the second picture (points 1 and 2).

Without battery, connected the usb cable to the pc and opened the device manager.
    I turned the multimeter to the location that acts like jumper, using the multimeter cables was very handy for that.
    I touched it some times, nothing was happening and decided to keep it alittle more, the list moved in device manager but nothing special.
    So i decided to keep it more than 5 seconds, the device manager recognized Mediatek USB port, that was. The drivers were there installed from previous attempts. I also had installed manually as legacy devices some extra from the mediatek driver list.

I started flash tool, loaded the scatter file of the ROM i use for this phone and selected only the first 5 blocks and pressed download.
    I connected the two points and kept them like that till flashing finished.
    I placed the battery and pushed it to touch the pins (cause without the back frame don't fits ok) and the red led was working now.
    Assembled it back, loaded again the flash tool but now with all the blocks selected and did the flashing now using the usual way with the battery.
    That's it after flashing finished the phone booted ok and started the setup.

I had a complete backup that i did with the MTKdroidTools and got back the phone as it was exactly before flashing the wrong rom.

For anyone that has the phone in same bad condition and wants to try this method of course as usual i must say is done AT YOUR OWN RISK
    If there is a possibility to have the phone replaced do it.
    Rooting Step by Step

For all those new comers and novice people i have made a in-depth of rooting process

http://chinagizmos.blogspot.in/

Next parts will be on custom rom and revovery ... imei .. many tweaks etc
    good news, be patient

Hi guys

me and my friend are having hard times since weeks to develop a custom rom for our tinji.

Ubuntu, cygwin, sp flash tools, xml editor, hex editors... we're spending nights working on it and studying a lot.

Pretty fun, actually :)

The very good new is that we found a suitable rom from another device which has an official Android 4.0.4.

And good support from developer ;)

Tried many roms as the Lenovo ones... it was a tough search since the start.

Countless bricks.

Just one advice: use preloader and other files from H640...b06.rar rom while flashing. Just change system.img into rom folder during your tests.

Well, anyways...

In the beginning the BT and wifi weren't working. Solved.

Absolutely no problems with wcdma, internet connection speed test with Italian provider Wind more than 400kb/sec.

No more noises during phone calls. Ever.

2,4gb internal memory (no more room problems installing apps in internal memory)

New rom will not have the problem to modify vold.fstab file because it will automatically recognize sdcard as external memory.

Gps properly working (final release will be set to it.pool.org, to set it to your country you will have to use fasterfix from market)

Camera focusing, the flash is just a shame.

At the moment we are working on the power menu so that we can have on our rom "reboot from recovery" option.

framework-res.apk is a pain in the ... to recompile -.-

And more...

The device is showing nice skills. We keep bricking 9 times a day but there is no problem in revive it.

There is a lot to do still, but prepare an IMEI backup with mobileuncle tools and learn the basics to use sp flash tools because

soon we will upload a stable release.

We are working for you, don't throw away your tinji already.

Peace.
    My experience with Tinji i9300

Hello guys,

First i want to thank you all, i got many ideas and solutions from this thread.
    My phone was bought as HD|C i9300+ but came as Tinji i9300 which finally was for good as i found this thread.

I rooted the phone using Taiwan recovery and mkroot script that were mentioned earlier in this thread.

Thanks for the wifi solution ideas, finally i did the aluminum tape mod and the results are fantastic, at location that i didn't had any signal i now have three lines. I tested also the wire solution but the signal was getting very low when i had the phone in hand.

For the gps the only solution that worked very good for me was the wire, but is not a handy solution and the gps is not so important for me, so i don't care.

Initially i was disappointed cause the phone was almost unusable as phone, either very low volume or interference noise while in call.
    I tested some ROMs (Taiwan/Stock) but my voice problems were not ending.
    Finally i found a link at a German forum at chinamobiles.org/showthread.php?31647-Star-GT-i9300-MT6577/page13 see post 249
    This solved my voice problems, also there are no Chinese apps.
    Flashed the same way as Taiwan ROM, then flashed recovery and then rooted it with the mkroot batch script.
    One thing to mention for the root process to start is to install the Android Composite device drivers in windows if the phone is not recognized by the system, i used the android sdk google usb driver.
    Another is that the HOME key was not working after flashing this ROM but the solution is provided at the same thread posts 272 till 296.
    I don't speak German but Google is our friend, not perfect translation to English but i was able to understand, a big thanks.

The Bluetooth worked for file transferring but not with sound. I found the solution in this thread xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1899592 (Thank you), is the "test fix for Bluetooth problem".
    I downloaded the signed_BJMOD_fix_BT_test2.zip and installed it with CWM recovery, the Bluetooth sound after reboot was perfect.

Anyway, this was my experience and i decided to share it as may also help other people.
    This is my first post so i avoided the http prefix at the links.

Thank you all.
    @ALL

For those who are finding it difficult to refer previous or old pages i have made a small list here for other fixes and tricks including others not found here thanks..

i need your suggestions and help...

http://chinagizmos.blogspot.in/2012/10/tips-tricks-tweaks-mods-and-fix-tinjis3.html

any volunteers for multi-lang??