[HOW TO ROOT]Tinji I9300

Search This thread

flavien317

Aug 22, 2012
Hi, i have buy an android smartphone, the tinji i9300. Have MTK6577, 512 RAM and android 4.1.1.
But i want root this for make many task :p
So how can make this root please ?
thanks

cata2ca

Feb 13, 2007
toronto
Solved it.
Test point right under the sim2 metal cover. It is labeled
Used a resistor leg to short it to metal sim holder (ground) - insert the cable - drivers were already preloaded.
Keep open control pannel - device manager and flash tool.
Download started.- keep the test point shorted during the time of upload (no battery)

DONE

I knew that my image was good enough ( some known flows) so I choose to flash all packages.
Otherwise is safer to load what was reccomended in this thread.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2013
It Only Works Temporarily!

Hi guys,

A good lesson learned after rewriting PRELOADER and DSP_BL with another phone's.
The phone was dead, no led when connected to usb and of course no activity on flash tool as the usb port was not activating.
Basically as i understand the critical blocks are the first 5, PRELOADER and DSP_BL (that's why flash tool has them with red text) and also MBR, EBR1 and UBOOT.

Anyway after having the phone in this condition i was searching for unbricking methods and i found this good thread in the Russian site forum.china-iphone.ru/viewtopic.php?p=730752
I understood the principle although the translation was not good, i searched with the multimeter for points that with connected the usb cable will have a voltage near the battery voltage as was suggested at that post. Finaly i found the two points that are shown in the second picture (points 1 and 2).

Without battery, connected the usb cable to the pc and opened the device manager.
I turned the multimeter to the location that acts like jumper, using the multimeter cables was very handy for that.
I touched it some times, nothing was happening and decided to keep it alittle more, the list moved in device manager but nothing special.
So i decided to keep it more than 5 seconds, the device manager recognized Mediatek USB port, that was. The drivers were there installed from previous attempts. I also had installed manually as legacy devices some extra from the mediatek driver list.

I started flash tool, loaded the scatter file of the ROM i use for this phone and selected only the first 5 blocks and pressed download.
I connected the two points and kept them like that till flashing finished.
I placed the battery and pushed it to touch the pins (cause without the back frame don't fits ok) and the red led was working now.
Assembled it back, loaded again the flash tool but now with all the blocks selected and did the flashing now using the usual way with the battery.
That's it after flashing finished the phone booted ok and started the setup.

I had a complete backup that i did with the MTKdroidTools and got back the phone as it was exactly before flashing the wrong rom.

For anyone that has the phone in same bad condition and wants to try this method of course as usual i must say is done AT YOUR OWN RISK
If there is a possibility to have the phone replaced do it.

I have the Cubot A800 (MTK 6575) in which I tried this method but when I connect the two areas, it is detected by the computer but goes of after a few seconds. Is there anything specific that I need to do?

cata2ca

Feb 13, 2007
toronto
You do not have the right drivers.
Check site needrom.com look for your phone # and install all the drivers package.
Also there are different flash tools. I have one that flash my phone without battery
another one require to insert the battery a few seconds after cable is insert.

Answer for question above regarding flash without USB...I am not sure but there must
be JTAG tools. However if USB port is broken can be re-soldered or wires run to a USB cable
if board is totally destroyed.

peli__rosa

Jul 2, 2013
tinji microsim

hello all, I have the tinji (S3 clone) and I k is dead, only the screen turns black, ROM here but I still have not given their way, anyone can help me? thank you!

Product Features:

TINJI 4.7-inch capacitive screen Android 4.0 OS 3G smart phone
GSM 900/1800MHZ globally compatible + WCDMA 2100MHz available
----CPU: MTK6577 Dual-core ARMv7 Processor
----CPU Frequency: 1GHZ
----GPU Renderer: Mali-400 MP
----GPU Version: OpenGL ES 2.0
----RAM: 512MB / 469MB available
----ROM: 4GB
----Screen Resolution: 1280 x 720 pixels
FM radio with preset parameters for different countries
Supports APK format Android game
Built-in GPS module, supports GPS navigation (also supports A-GPS)
Dual cameras support up to 8MP photo output & camcorder capability
Plays 720P & 1080P HD videos
WiFi + GPRS + WAP + USB for speedy data transferring and applications downloading
Bluetooth for hands-free calling
Entertainments: FM Radio + Camera/Camcorder + Music/Movie Player + Image Viewer + eBook + Video Recorder
Handy Tools: Calendar + Alarm + Clock + World Clock + Calculator
(1)Compatible 3G network: WCDMA 2100MHz
(2)Compatible 1G & 2G Networks: GSM900/1800MHZ
Product Specifications:

Multi-Language: Indonesian, Malay, German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Vietnamese, Turkish, Russian, Arabian, Thai, Chinese
Note: Due to the memory limit of the cell phone the languages above may not all can be installed. Please specify your language preference, otherwise English version will be sent out.
Operation Frequency:
----3G: WCDMA 2100 MHz
----2G: GSM900/1800 MHZ, automatically frequency switching
Note: This phone will work with 2G and 3G networks, please check if your local area network is compatible with this phone
1 SIM 1 Standby: Yes, supports 1 SIM 1 Standby /micro SIM
High Definition Display: 4.7" sensitive-touch Capacitive Screen control
Play Store: Up-to-date list of the tens of thousands of titles of the featured and top ranked applications and games
Multi-touch: Yes, 5-point multi-touch capacitive touch screen
GPS: Yes, with built-in GPS module, supports GPS navigation (also supports A-GPS)
WiFi: Yes
Dual Cameras: Yes, dual camera support up to 8MP(rear) + 1.3MP (front) photo output and camcorder capability
Music Player: Yes, supports MP3, WAV, OGG, MID and AMR formats
Sound Recorder:Yes
Video Player: Yes, supports MP4, 3GP, AVI, MKV format. Plays 720P & 1080P HD videos
Video Recorder: Yes
Image Viewer: Yes
Picture Format: JPG, GIF, PNG and BMP formats
FM Radio: Yes, with memory channels
E-book: Yes, supports TXT format e-book
Wap: Yes, with wap 2.0
GPRS:Yes
USB: Yes, supports USB data transferring and charging
Bluetooth: Yes, supports Bluetooth for hands-free access calling
Memory Capacity: Yes, supports Micro SD/T-Flash card & expandable up to 32GB(Micro SD/T-Flash card Not included)
Short Message: Yes, supports SMS, EMS, MMS
Email: Yes, with Email setting, receiving and sending emails conveniently
Alarm: Yes, supports multiple groups of alarms, can set from Monday to Sunday
Game: Yes, supports APK format games
Handy Functions: Clock, Calendar, Alarm, World clock and Calculator
Data Services: MMS, GPRS, Email & WAP (consult your network provider for the settings as it varies greatly in different countries)
Note: Some functions can only work under the condition that your SIM card or Network support and a few functions may be only designed for specific countries such as QQ ect.
Calling Time: up to 5 hours (affected by the signal strength of your local network)
Standby Time: up to 100 hours (affected by the signal strength of your local network)
Sideway I/O: USB/recharging 2-in-1 jack, 3.5mm earphone jack, Power button and volume setting buttons
Type: Bar style design
Battery Specification:3.7V Li-ion 2100mAh
Color: Mainly white
Screen: 4.7 inch
Net Weight: 130 g / 4.59 oz (with battery)
Size: 137 x 71 x 8 mm / 5.39 x 2.8 x 0.31 inch

e801808

Aug 9, 2013
Lap to recognizing my hdc galaxy s3 i9300 ex- mtk6577

I want to root my hdc galaxy s3 i9300 ex- mtk6577 but I can get my laptop recognize my phone at all. I am using windows 7 ultimate x86. And here is a screen shot of my phone info.

Hardware: MT6577

Model: e1920_v 77_zlh_fwvga

Build number: e1920_v 77_zlh_fwvga_20130130

Build date UTC: 20130130-131930

Android v : 4.1.1

Baseband v : MAUI.11AMD.W12.22.SP.V15.P2, 2013/01/06 12:18

Kernel v : 3.4.0 (root@ABC-desktop) (GCC version 4.6x-Google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) #1 SMP Wednesday January 30th 2013

Uboot build v : should be root shell

LCD Driver IC : should be root shell

I am very new to this and would really appreciate some help. If you need any more information for me. Please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you.:crying:

amigo2000

Apr 8, 2013
Göttingen
Hi

Anyone know what type of battery fit in Tinji I9300 because original Samsung Galaxy S3 battery don`t fit.
Thanks

If you are still serching a battery for the Tinji:

I solved my battery problem :good:
On german e..y I found the original one for my Tinji (GT-I9300) for a good price. I am not shure about different Tinji GT-I9300 models, my phone has the simcardholder underneath of the battery and the battery = 2100 mA/h S/N:AA1C511NS/2-B.
It fits 100%, I am happy with this part.
It seems to be not possible for me to post some link, sorry.
So only a hint is possible: You have to serch on e..y . for ==> Akku Batterie Star s9300 i9300 4,7" 2100 mA/h S/N:AA1C511NS/2-B <==.
Good luck.
Regards
Manfred

ollie1

Sep 10, 2012
thank you very much for your advice, I finally have got the phone to work again all through your explanation about if all else fails! well I connected to the dot on as shown and liked that to an earth connection which is the steel sim card holder and pressed sp flash to hear the driver connecting on and off, I just kept the loop on all the time while flashing and it worked. this phone would not light up nor the drivers would stay installed (a bricked phone) it is a tinji i9300 s3 quad core, I had tried multi roms {it is what bricked it} I would advise anyone to give this a try as reading a lot of people have gave up or no idea how to fix the phone thank you once again for your great advice

CyberMars

Oct 25, 2013
Solved it.
Test point right under the sim2 metal cover. It is labeled
Used a resistor leg to short it to metal sim holder (ground) - insert the cable - drivers were already preloaded.
Keep open control pannel - device manager and flash tool.
Download started.- keep the test point shorted during the time of upload (no battery)

DONE

I knew that my image was good enough ( some known flows) so I choose to flash all packages.
Otherwise is safer to load what was reccomended in this thread.

I am new to mobile phone flashing.
I own Tinji mhi9300_wh with H800 mainboard. I bricked it with some firmware. My USB does not respond.
After reading this thread I decided to disassemble the phone - only then I have learnt it is H800 mainboard.

Could you please explain me based on my photos where the points is? Under which cover? How to remove this cover? What is it going to be short with what?

I would appreciate your assistance.

Best regards,
CyberMars

KlotX

Apr 15, 2013
Hi all

I also have a Tinji i9300, and I'm trying to find a way to install google play services on my phone.

My phone specs are these:
Android version: 4.1.1
Baseband version: MAUI.11AMD.W12.22.SP.V8.P1, 2013/01/04 12:53
Kernel version: 3.0.13 linux-server-build2@linux-server-build2-desktop #1 SMP PREEMP Tue Jan 22 20:22:27 EST 2013
Build number: ALPS.ICS2.MP.V1.5

I rooted the phone with Root by B1n4ry :)

I tried to install the recovery from N2K1, Taiwan101 and other recovery but I can't get the onscreen menu from CWM, which should allow me to install gapps.

I can boot in recovery mode, and connect with adb, adb devices shows my device and says that it is in recovery, so I guess that recovery is working.

I'm also tempted in installing Tinji_i9300_deodexed_by_knski_2 but I don't know how to.

Can anyone tell me how to install google play services ? or install a CWM recovery to install gapps from there ?

Thanks a lot in advance

Last edited:

KlotX

Apr 15, 2013
I use Gunsmoke v.2.1 which you can find here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=42521066#post42521066

And it works since months very good! Except the camera app which I have replaced already.

Cheers

Acording to my build.props I have a H800 board, which is not compatible with Gunsmoke :(

I'd be happy to get my hands on a CWM recovery image from where I could install gapps, or some procedure on how to do it from recovery mode via adb.

OR, some instructions on how to flash Tinji_i9300_deodexed_by_knski_2

TomKranich

Nov 10, 2013
google play framework problem

Hello everyone!

Can anyone help me out? I need an original ruins belonging Google Play framework from (APK) or GAPPS on. Unfortunately, the file is damaged and does not work on Google Play. If there's someone else's idea is very welcome.

Thank. Gabor

Nov 1, 2013
White Screen?

Hi guys,

A good lesson learned after rewriting PRELOADER and DSP_BL with another phone's.
The phone was dead, no led when connected to usb and of course no activity on flash tool as the usb port was not activating.
Basically as i understand the critical blocks are the first 5, PRELOADER and DSP_BL (that's why flash tool has them with red text) and also MBR, EBR1 and UBOOT.

Anyway after having the phone in this condition i was searching for unbricking methods and i found this good thread in the Russian site forum.china-iphone.ru/viewtopic.php?p=730752
I understood the principle although the translation was not good, i searched with the multimeter for points that with connected the usb cable will have a voltage near the battery voltage as was suggested at that post. Finaly i found the two points that are shown in the second picture (points 1 and 2).

Without battery, connected the usb cable to the pc and opened the device manager.
I turned the multimeter to the location that acts like jumper, using the multimeter cables was very handy for that.
I touched it some times, nothing was happening and decided to keep it alittle more, the list moved in device manager but nothing special.
So i decided to keep it more than 5 seconds, the device manager recognized Mediatek USB port, that was. The drivers were there installed from previous attempts. I also had installed manually as legacy devices some extra from the mediatek driver list.

I started flash tool, loaded the scatter file of the ROM i use for this phone and selected only the first 5 blocks and pressed download.
I placed the battery and pushed it to touch the pins (cause without the back frame don't fits ok) and the red led was working now.
Assembled it back, loaded again the flash tool but now with all the blocks selected and did the flashing now using the usual way with the battery.

I had a complete backup that i did with the MTKdroidTools and got back the phone as it was exactly before flashing the wrong rom.

For anyone that has the phone in same bad condition and wants to try this method of course as usual i must say is done AT YOUR OWN RISK

I have a white screen (back lit) - that means the phone does power on. Do I have to test point?

Fassama

Dec 3, 2013
My Star Note N9770/MTK6577 (ICS) was bricked using SP_Flash_Tools v3.

Hi guys,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Star Note N9770/MTK6577 (ICS) was bricked using SP_Flash_Tools v3. with a N9770 custom JB rom. Nothing came on and no keys worked and it was recognized as MTK usb port/com.
using USB_deview I uninstalled all MTK drivers and other USB not in use. I reinstalled the mtk VCOM USB Driver pointing to the version of my OS.
After that I downloaded the Factory Rom and Flashed using the Sp flash tools and with the battery in my phone it worked. It flashed the factory rom and my device was reborn.

padwal

Sep 3, 2012
Hi guys

me and my friend are having hard times since weeks to develop a custom rom for our tinji.

Ubuntu, cygwin, sp flash tools, xml editor, hex editors... we're spending nights working on it and studying a lot.

Pretty fun, actually :)

The very good new is that we found a suitable rom from another device which has an official Android 4.0.4.

And good support from developer ;)

Tried many roms as the Lenovo ones... it was a tough search since the start.

Countless bricks.

Just one advice: use preloader and other files from H640...b06.rar rom while flashing. Just change system.img into rom folder during your tests.

Well, anyways...

In the beginning the BT and wifi weren't working. Solved.

Absolutely no problems with wcdma, internet connection speed test with Italian provider Wind more than 400kb/sec.

No more noises during phone calls. Ever.

2,4gb internal memory (no more room problems installing apps in internal memory)

New rom will not have the problem to modify vold.fstab file because it will automatically recognize sdcard as external memory.

Gps properly working (final release will be set to it.pool.org, to set it to your country you will have to use fasterfix from market)

Camera focusing, the flash is just a shame.

At the moment we are working on the power menu so that we can have on our rom "reboot from recovery" option.

framework-res.apk is a pain in the ... to recompile -.-

And more...

The device is showing nice skills. We keep bricking 9 times a day but there is no problem in revive it.

There is a lot to do still, but prepare an IMEI backup with mobileuncle tools and learn the basics to use sp flash tools because

soon we will upload a stable release.

We are working for you, don't throw away your tinji already.

Peace.

What happened to the ROM:confused:

dacho87

Jul 28, 2010
Banja Luka
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Re

Hi guys,

Thank you very much kind sir, you saved my note 3 mt6582 :D. If any1 need stock ROM for note 3 mtk6582, let me know.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unbricking Tinji the hard way when no other solution

Hi guys,

Rooting Step by Step

For all those new comers and novice people i have made a in-depth of rooting process

http://chinagizmos.blogspot.in/

Next parts will be on custom rom and revovery ... imei .. many tweaks etc
    good news, be patient

Hi guys

me and my friend are having hard times since weeks to develop a custom rom for our tinji.

Ubuntu, cygwin, sp flash tools, xml editor, hex editors... we're spending nights working on it and studying a lot.

Pretty fun, actually :)

The very good new is that we found a suitable rom from another device which has an official Android 4.0.4.

And good support from developer ;)

Tried many roms as the Lenovo ones... it was a tough search since the start.

Countless bricks.

Just one advice: use preloader and other files from H640...b06.rar rom while flashing. Just change system.img into rom folder during your tests.

Well, anyways...

In the beginning the BT and wifi weren't working. Solved.

Absolutely no problems with wcdma, internet connection speed test with Italian provider Wind more than 400kb/sec.

No more noises during phone calls. Ever.

2,4gb internal memory (no more room problems installing apps in internal memory)

New rom will not have the problem to modify vold.fstab file because it will automatically recognize sdcard as external memory.

Gps properly working (final release will be set to it.pool.org, to set it to your country you will have to use fasterfix from market)

Camera focusing, the flash is just a shame.

At the moment we are working on the power menu so that we can have on our rom "reboot from recovery" option.

framework-res.apk is a pain in the ... to recompile -.-

And more...

The device is showing nice skills. We keep bricking 9 times a day but there is no problem in revive it.

There is a lot to do still, but prepare an IMEI backup with mobileuncle tools and learn the basics to use sp flash tools because

soon we will upload a stable release.

We are working for you, don't throw away your tinji already.

Peace.
    My experience with Tinji i9300

Hello guys,

First i want to thank you all, i got many ideas and solutions from this thread.
    My phone was bought as HD|C i9300+ but came as Tinji i9300 which finally was for good as i found this thread.

I rooted the phone using Taiwan recovery and mkroot script that were mentioned earlier in this thread.

Thanks for the wifi solution ideas, finally i did the aluminum tape mod and the results are fantastic, at location that i didn't had any signal i now have three lines. I tested also the wire solution but the signal was getting very low when i had the phone in hand.

For the gps the only solution that worked very good for me was the wire, but is not a handy solution and the gps is not so important for me, so i don't care.

Initially i was disappointed cause the phone was almost unusable as phone, either very low volume or interference noise while in call.
    I tested some ROMs (Taiwan/Stock) but my voice problems were not ending.
    Finally i found a link at a German forum at chinamobiles.org/showthread.php?31647-Star-GT-i9300-MT6577/page13 see post 249
    This solved my voice problems, also there are no Chinese apps.
    Flashed the same way as Taiwan ROM, then flashed recovery and then rooted it with the mkroot batch script.
    One thing to mention for the root process to start is to install the Android Composite device drivers in windows if the phone is not recognized by the system, i used the android sdk google usb driver.
    Another is that the HOME key was not working after flashing this ROM but the solution is provided at the same thread posts 272 till 296.
    I don't speak German but Google is our friend, not perfect translation to English but i was able to understand, a big thanks.

The Bluetooth worked for file transferring but not with sound. I found the solution in this thread xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1899592 (Thank you), is the "test fix for Bluetooth problem".
    I downloaded the signed_BJMOD_fix_BT_test2.zip and installed it with CWM recovery, the Bluetooth sound after reboot was perfect.

Anyway, this was my experience and i decided to share it as may also help other people.
    This is my first post so i avoided the http prefix at the links.

Thank you all.
    @ALL

For those who are finding it difficult to refer previous or old pages i have made a small list here for other fixes and tricks including others not found here thanks..

i need your suggestions and help...

http://chinagizmos.blogspot.in/2012/10/tips-tricks-tweaks-mods-and-fix-tinjis3.html

any volunteers for multi-lang??