How to root US OnePlus 8 Pro

Search This thread

nima0003

Mar 30, 2013
Aurora
1: Unlock your bootloader
2: Reboot to fastboot
3: Via fastboot on a PC, flash the attached boot IMG (fastboot flash boot "directory to boot IMG, can drag and drop")
4: Done!

Ill try to keep this img up to date but always verify the version before you flash

Current version: 10.5.4.IN11AA

https://drive.google.com/open?id=18fbWNm1ZLFA1dsJkiQJrcEn-unJA1UDQ

gaww

Oct 4, 2010
Asheville, NC

gaww

Oct 4, 2010
Asheville, NC

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Careful with the fingerprint enrollment, factory wiping with root has been known to break fingerprint. Just a heads up.

Theres a thread about this, there isn't a currently known fix either.

Has happened to EU BA devices but you never know.

Ecna

Nov 21, 2017
I'm using a US 8 Pro running 10.5.10.IN11AA. Can I use this 10.5.4.IN11AA boot image, or do I need to wait for an update? Is there a newer way to install magisk?

Deckardmac

Apr 6, 2015
^ @gaww

I've been able to unlock the bootloader on my Oneplus 8 Pro and am trying to locate a magisk patch compatible with 10.5.1.in11aa, yet can't locate this version. However, there's an OTA update available for my phone at takes it to 10.5.10. If I first perform that OTA update, where can I then find a compatible version of magisk?

TIA!

Whoareyou

^ @gaww

I've been able to unlock the bootloader on my Oneplus 8 Pro and am trying to locate a magisk patch compatible with 10.5.1.in11aa, yet can't locate this version. However, there's an OTA update available for my phone at takes it to 10.5.10. If I first perform that OTA update, where can I then find a compatible version of magisk?

TIA!
Don't make things complicated, update to 10.5.10, boot twrp, install magisk from the zip

Reactions: sortoh85

Deckardmac

Apr 6, 2015
^ Pardon my noobness, but does the Magisk version have to match the OxygenOS version, or can I simply use the latest Magisk version? Lots of chatter about getting the Magisk that matches.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1: Unlock your bootloader
    2: Reboot to fastboot
    3: Via fastboot on a PC, flash the attached boot IMG (fastboot flash boot "directory to boot IMG, can drag and drop")
    4: Done!

Ill try to keep this img up to date but always verify the version before you flash

Current version: 10.5.4.IN11AA

https://drive.google.com/open?id=18fbWNm1ZLFA1dsJkiQJrcEn-unJA1UDQ
    Thanks. Just checked OnePlus site and swappa isn't low enough to use them. If I order, I'll go direct. I'm guessing the US store sells models that are 100% compatible w/ Big Red? Looks like it's not 5G for them, but I'm not concerned about that anyway. Shows these LTE bands at least: 2/4/5/13/46/48/66.

When you first get it, you probably won't receive text messages. You'll have to call/chat with Verizon and tell them you need to have CDMA-less provisioning activated. Then you'll be good to go. Along with no 5G you also won't be able to do WiFi calling unless you use an app like Google Voice.
    Do you have update to 10.5.5.IN11AA ?

If all you're looking for is the patched boot image, you can find it here, https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-8-pro/how-to/magisk-patched-10-5-5-image-t4088333.
    ^ @gaww

TIA!
    Don't make things complicated, update to 10.5.10, boot twrp, install magisk from the zip
    My V20 is very long in the tooth (can't run streamyard w/o massive stuttering) and I'm thinking about an 8Pro from Swappa. What's the likelyhood an unlocked version from there will be bootloader unlockable? I'm on VZW, but try not to flame me for that. I read a VZW/Verizon branded is not an option.

Any 8 Pro you buy should be unlockable. Verizon only sells the 8, which from them, is locked up tight.