How to root with Magisk Lenovo M7 (TB-7305F) / Android 9

Search This thread

ycancer

Mar 20, 2018
Hallo people!

I have the same problem as Skylon5000. I tried with boot.img method, I tried with recovery method.... And failed.

I do not understand russian, but I think the last post points to similar methods.

How, in hell can I root this blimy tablets?! I also have F version...

Jan 12, 2021
Installing root rights on lenovo tab m7 tb-7305f

1. The bootloader must be unlocked.
2.Install Magisk Manager version 7.5.1(20.4)
3.With adb download boot.img and check the root
- cd c:/adb
- adb devices
- adb reboot bootloader
- fastboot devices
- fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img
- fastboot reboot

Attachments

• magisk_patched.img
    7 MB · Views: 24
Jan 12, 2021
Look

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-02-19-21-15-12-073.jpeg
    Screenshot_2022-02-19-21-15-12-073.jpeg
    150.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_2022-02-19-21-14-24-807.jpeg
    Screenshot_2022-02-19-21-14-24-807.jpeg
    225.1 KB · Views: 29

ycancer

Mar 20, 2018
Few questions...
Magisk version seems the first obstacle... I downloaded the version 7.5.1 AND version 20.4, the newest...
Should I then patch my own boot.img with magisk or use yours?

ycancer

Mar 20, 2018
your aunt?

Anyway, flashing gave OKAY message, but device is in loop. Boots until the Lenovo banner (start) and then reset

ycancer

Mar 20, 2018
Not completely. Device freezes when it reaches red lenovo banner with letters. I can boot into booloader and into recovery, but not into system

ycancer

Mar 20, 2018
I have original boot.img, but on another PC. I can't do it tonight... tired. Been struggling with this all afternoon

Mar 19, 2022
Hi,

I'm trying to root the tablet. Unfortunately so far without success. I have tried several rooting tools (Desktop and Tablet App).
What promised most success is Magisk. It is also known that it works with Android 9. I copied the bootimage on the tablet from the stock-ROM, patched the image with the latest Magisk-APP (7.5.1) (Magisk 20.3 (20300)). Then back to the PC, and with fastboot written to the boot partition. After unlock the partition, this was possible. After a restart, however, the tablet will remain on the boot logo. Original stock-ROM on it again, tablet runs again (no boot loop).
Then I looked at the image sizes. The original is 16,385 kB. However, the patched Magisk file is only 7,148 kB. That can't really be, can it?
Does anyone have an idea of what this can be, or what I'm wrong about?

Thank you for your help.
How did u root please help me

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I'm trying to root the tablet. Unfortunately so far without success. I have tried several rooting tools (Desktop and Tablet App).
    What promised most success is Magisk. It is also known that it works with Android 9. I copied the bootimage on the tablet from the stock-ROM, patched the image with the latest Magisk-APP (7.5.1) (Magisk 20.3 (20300)). Then back to the PC, and with fastboot written to the boot partition. After unlock the partition, this was possible. After a restart, however, the tablet will remain on the boot logo. Original stock-ROM on it again, tablet runs again (no boot loop).
    Then I looked at the image sizes. The original is 16,385 kB. However, the patched Magisk file is only 7,148 kB. That can't really be, can it?
    Does anyone have an idea of what this can be, or what I'm wrong about?

Thank you for your help.
    I have found the way to install MAGISK. You have to install MAGISK to the recovery.img. Then start in Recovery-mode and the system will boot to the normal System with installed MAGISK. Works perfect to me.

Some more information. There is an update named TB-7305F_100049_200508_ROW. After you have update to this release, you haven't MAGISK installed and you are not able to reinstall MAGISK. Also, when you get the original recovery from the version it is not possible. As well, I have tested to use the working recovery from the prerelease with the newest release, this also don't possible. For me the only working release is the TB-7305F_100043_200223.

If someone flash a later version that woks, please let know here!
    I have found the way to install MAGISK. You have to install MAGISK to the recovery.img. Then start in Recovery-mode and the system will boot to the normal System with installed MAGISK. Works perfect to me.

Some more information. There is an update named TB-7305F_100049_200508_ROW. After you have update to this release, you haven't MAGISK installed and you are not able to reinstall MAGISK. Also, when you get the original recovery from the version it is not possible. As well, I have tested to use the working recovery from the prerelease with the newest release, this also don't possible. For me the only working release is the TB-7305F_100043_200223.

If someone flash a later version that woks, please let know here!

Yes, recovery is the way to go. I have figured it after reading this:
    topjohnwu - install.html#boot-image-patching
    As I have X model, TB-7305X_S100043_200224_ROW and TB_7305X_S100062_200610_ROW was the ROM that worked. Cool thing is that you can get roms from lenovo with "Rescue and smart assistant" app.
    The trick that makes magisk rooted all the time is to choose 'reset phone' after rooting. This would cause the tablet to start with root each time.
    Yes, recovery is the way to go. I have figured it after reading this:
    topjohnwu - install.html#boot-image-patching
    As I have X model, TB-7305X_S100043_200224_ROW and TB_7305X_S100062_200610_ROW was the ROM that worked. Cool thing is that you can get roms from lenovo with "Rescue and smart assistant" app.
    The trick that makes magisk rooted all the time is to choose 'reset phone' after rooting. This would cause the tablet to start with root each time.

What do you mean with reset? When MAGISK is in recovery, the only way to start is in the recovery-mode. Then you have ever MAGISK working when it is installed!?!

Today I have seen, that there is a new version for the "F" model. TB_7305F_S100055_200703_ROW. I will test and report!