[How to] ROOT without the Hack Kit

Search This thread

iopetja

Apr 23, 2010
Ljubljana
LG G8
Nothing except there's no support.

Take a look at Q&A, there already is one and will be more of such users where one unsupported click went wrong.

----
If I helped, please press Thanks...

DHDcfx4.2.1SR11deappified

nhaque1

Mar 31, 2013
Hi,
When i try to install the drivers, it says, 'Error applying Transforms. Verify that the specified paths are valid.'

Help will be appreciated
Thanks in advance

Reactions: djimno2

Lavi26jan

Mar 14, 2013
Plz Help Dying To Flash A Rom

Plz Tell Me that Will I be Able to Restore My nandroid if something went wrong?if yes ,then How???

Thanks In Advance

Glimmerdaboss

Apr 6, 2013
Trollhättan
HTC Desire HD

Hi.
I have a problem with my HDH. I have unlocked my HDH with HTCDev. Have rooted my phone and iam on S-ON. Iam in Hboot 2.00.0029
Have installed tools for installing custom rom, rom manager and installed titanium for backups.
When I try to reboot in to recovery mod of rom manager i get a red triangle and on top of that, I get "E:can't open /cache/recovery/command", so I cant acess my sdcard witch works fine and I have tried other SDcard with same result.

So I cant access my rom manger in recovery mode. Ha also tried "AAHK" method but its failed.
So iam trying to learning about how to flash in adb mode but cant find a step to step guide to how to get a custom rom installed with out clockwork manager.

Iam turning to you on XDA to help me as you are my last hope before i give up to installing a custom rom on my DHD.

bananagranola

Jul 11, 2012
tuxreview.wordpress.com
I don't think you've flashed a recovery properly. What did you do to install a recovery? You are supposed to download a recovery.img, say the DHD one from the ClockworkMod website, and "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" from your computer.

Glimmerdaboss

Apr 6, 2013
Trollhättan
Htc desire hd

I don't think you've flashed a recovery properly. What did you do to install a recovery? You are supposed to download a recovery.img, say the DHD one from the ClockworkMod website, and "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" from your computer.

OK thx for the support.
I have solved this matter.
I followed this gudie and "WOLA" VWM was in recovery so now iam trying out sevral different JB roms for my DHD.

So thx for helping mee.

twcobra

Inspire 4g Freezing

Here is where I am at. I got an Inspire 4g from a friend that had soft bricked the phone. with a lot of reading and a few emails I have got CMW touch, unlocked with S-on. I followed the instructions in you OP and got first the unofficial CM10.1 and then the PAC rom installed. On both roms I will get random freezing. Not being sure what exactly my friend did to the phone I am starting to wonder if this could be an issue compatability of the radio or something haywire with the hboot.
Any suggestions.
Thanks

twcobra

Did you do a full wipe first?

Sure did. I wiped twice on the Pac rom. It does seam to be related to the HW overlay bug reported in the Pac Rom OP. What is weird is that the box will uncheck itself on reboot. Unfortunaly the Pac Rom thread seams to be kind of dead when asking for suggestions. I am tempted to take it down to ICS to see if it would be more stable then JB. I had picked this phone up for my fiancee so having it lock up on her is not good. I may have to give her my S2 and take the Inspire so I can give it my full attention.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As you probably all know, the Advanced Hack Kit (a.k.a Hack Kit) has been retired for good yesterday. Does that mean that you can not achive root privilege anymore? NO

NO, YOU DON'T NEED S-OFF TO FLASH ROMS....

Getting root acces

1. Unlock your bootloader with HTCDEV or using this tool: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2133336
    2. Then flash CWM or 4ext recovery in fastboot per this guide: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=30020025&postcount=7 and make a nand backup.
    3. Then reboot into recovery and flash SU or SuperSU.
    4. Reboot the device and voilá. You are done

IF YOUR BUILD VERSION IS NOT SUPPORTED TO UPDATE THEN:

1. Create a goldcard using this tool: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=970157 (you need a working phone for this)
    2. Find a RUU which main version is supported and higher than yours and flash it in the PD98IMG.zip way, that is what is the goldcard for.
    3. Re run the tool and you will be able to update the hboot and unlock it

The other way to achive root access is to flash a custom rom after unlocking the bootloader.

As you can notice root access is easy to be gained but not S-OFF. If you are skilled in android and working with terminal or cmd commands, then you can use this: http://tau.shadowchild.nl/attn1/?p=411

Flashing roms with an unlocked bootloader

1. Unlock your bootloader and flash a custom recovery (CWM or 4ext)
    2. Download the rom zip file you are willing to flash to your PC.
    3. Extract the the boot.img from inside the zip file (do not extract the whole rom)
    4. Put the zip file in your sdcard.
    5. Boot into recovery and do a full wipe (wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, format system)
    6. Flash rom (install zip from sdcard)
    7. Reboot into bootloader again and plug the phone to the PC.
    8. You need to be in fastboot usb (if you see HBOOT USB PLUG in the phone, just press power to toggle)
    9. Open a cmd/terminal and navigate to where the boot.img file is located.
    10. Type: fastboot flash boot boot.img If you don´t how to do that, watch this video (it is in spanish, thou you can follow it without listening to the instructions)
    11. Reboot and now you should be enjoying your custom rom
    Hi there
    Is there a thread or some sort of a step by step manual on how to install ROM with unlocked boot loader (s on) without ace advance hacking kit or perhaps a working method where you can install CWM on a Gingerbread. (I have successfully unlocked the boot loader on htcdev)
    Thanks a million

Check the guide in my signature, you will find the information you need in there. Don't forget to flash the boot.img of the custom rom in fastboot. Enjoy...
    I tried one more time b4 bed... This time HTCdev responded quickly and gave me my token.
    I'm unlocked, but your root tool says it can't find my SD device. I've tried with both the 8GB card that comes with the phone and a 2GB SanDisk card I have. Both cards I erased with the phone prior to running the root tool.

CWM Recovery was successfully installed.

So, from Windows can I format a SD card FAT32 and put Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed.zip on it and manually install from zip? Or do I take the android erased SD card?

My fastboot info:
    *** UNLOCKED ***
    ACE PVT SHIP S-ON RL
    HBOOT-2.00.0030
    MICROP-0438
    RADIO-26.17.14.11_M
    eMMC-boot
    Feb 20 2012,16:03:18

HBOOT USB PLUG

There's no Need To format the sdcard, just flash it
    Thanks Glevitan
    I found the manual and all went smooth and easy. I have one problem though.
    The phone does not register to any mobile network. Any idea how to bypass that? It was originally locked on Orange UK network.
    Thanks again

That is weird. What ROM did You flash?
    hello to all

can any one help me? i cant flash any ROM!!! i cant find a way.

i have follow the step from here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38947050&postcount=10 at the 5th step i have no idea what to do.

also i have try this steps http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=47599181&postcount=1 but nothing.

it says Installing update.... ( on the CWM) and after that
    set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
    E:Error in /sdcard/cm-11-20141008-unofficial-m11-ace.zip (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.

any ideas?

fastboot getvar all
    (bootloader) version: 0.5
    (bootloader) version-bootloader: 2.00.0029
    (bootloader) version-baseband: 26.03.02.26_M
    (bootloader) version-cpld: None
    (bootloader) version-microp: 0438
    (bootloader) version-main: 1.32.405.6
    (bootloader) serialno: HT0BX
    (bootloader) imei: 3526
    (bootloader) product: ace