How to root Xiaomi Mi 10T lite 5G Android 11 (My first time on Xiaomi phone)

Search This thread

Xyphoseos

Dec 13, 2017
Rivière
Hi, as written in the title, I would like to root my phone. I never touch root with xiaomi (the only thing I've done is unlock bootloader)
I usualy root samsung's phone
I want to know if it possible to have my phone rooted with magisk, twrp as custom recovery with android 11

Sorry if my english is bad, sorry if wrong place/category

The best way is to searc already written threat..
Or watch YouTube.
You need to download ADB ,ind ADB folder put oFox or TWRP ,depens what tou want from recovery. in that folder, holding shift+left click open powershell, then type , fastboot flash recovery _name of recovery.img

Fastboot boot name of recovery.img

And that it.

Xyphoseos

Dec 13, 2017
Rivière
The best way is to searc already written threat..
Or watch YouTube.
You need to download ADB ,ind ADB folder put oFox or TWRP ,depens what tou want from recovery. in that folder, holding shift+left click open powershell, then type , fastboot flash recovery _name of recovery.img

Fastboot boot name of recovery.img

And that it.
Of course I have already searched
If I write here, it is because I did not find some information
Flash twrp, like you say, yes but is twrp for this phone compatible with android 11 or 10 only ?
Most of guide I found say "root ... android 10" or just root without precise the version
That's why I want to be sure

_mysiak_

Apr 1, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite

Xyphoseos

Dec 13, 2017
Rivière
Rooting with Magisk is pretty much always the same, doesn't matter if Samsung or Xiaomi.

1. Download https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=2188818919693773066 (link from https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-lite-mi10i-redmi-note-9-pro-5g-beta.4228655/)

2. "fastboot boot twrp_xyz.img" (don't flash custom recovery as internal memory can't be decrypted in TWRP afterwards)

3. install magisk.zip

Works on stock Android 11.
(don't flash custom recovery as internal memory can't be decrypted in TWRP afterwards)

Is it still possible to backup/restore in case of problem ?

No need to reset ?

Xyphoseos

Dec 13, 2017
Rivière
Backup most probably yes, I never tried restore so can't confirm. But obviously you will need to "hot boot" TWRP whenever you want to use it, so you must have PC at hand.
Ive read in some guide (that there were not clearly) twrp is flashed, phone reseted and vmbeta disable (or something like that) this make us able to see those crypted data in twrp
Maybe Im wrong

_mysiak_

Apr 1, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
okay, thank you for your help !
Root like this prevent me from ota updates right ?
For incremental ("small" OTA) update you will need to restore stock images in Magisk.

Full ("big" OTA) update can be installed without any further steps.

In both cases, after a reboot you will have updated system with no root, so you need to reinstall Magisk from TWRP.

petit-lion

Jan 20, 2019
Hi,
having Android 11

"reboot bootloader" doesn't seem to work on my Sharp.

"reboot sideload" works: is there a version of that "twrp img" that can be sideloaded on Android 11?
( has to be a zip )

Xyphoseos

Dec 13, 2017
Rivière
Hi,
having Android 11

"reboot bootloader" doesn't seem to work on my Sharp.

"reboot sideload" works: is there a version of that "twrp img" that can be sideloaded on Android 11?
( has to be a zip )
If "reboot bootloader" is the command line and does not work, do it manually ?

Btw, thank you again @_mysiak_ , everything works like a charm
Rooting with Magisk is pretty much always the same, doesn't matter if Samsung or Xiaomi.

1. Download https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=2188818919693773066 (link from https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-lite-mi10i-redmi-note-9-pro-5g-beta.4228655/)

2. "fastboot boot twrp_xyz.img" (don't flash custom recovery as internal memory can't be decrypted in TWRP afterwards)

3. install magisk.zip

Works on stock Android 11.

petit-lion

Jan 20, 2019
If "reboot bootloader" is the command line and does not work, do it manually ?

What I mean is "adb reboot bootloader" just reboots, does not go into bootloader.
Manually, the vol-down power goes into "factory reset", there is no other option.
It's a Sharp, and these phones are known not to be very bootloader-tolerant.

Only "adb reboot sideload" works and goes into "sideload" mode, waiting for a ZIP file to be uploaded.

Then, the "sideload" zip must contain a valid signature, and "edify" commands.

That motivated my question:
For Android 11, is there a zip sideloadable of twrp, with a valid signature?

Xyphoseos

Dec 13, 2017
Rivière
What I mean is "adb reboot bootloader" just reboots, does not go into bootloader.
Manually, the vol-down power goes into "factory reset", there is no other option.

Only "adb reboot sideload" works and goes into "sideload" mode, waiting for a ZIP file to be uploaded.

I dont know, sorry 😔

_mysiak_

Apr 1, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite

Not sure why you discuss Sharp phone in this topic, but nevertheless, "adb sideload" mode is for stock ROM updates/installations. As far as I'm aware, it is not possible to install anything else this way.

petit-lion

Jan 20, 2019
Not sure why you discuss Sharp phone in this topic, but nevertheless, "adb sideload" mode is for stock ROM updates/installations. As far as I'm aware, it is not possible to install anything else this way.

Sorry, I saw "root Android 11" and jumped into it.
Desperate to find an access to that damn Sharp.

petit-lion

Jan 20, 2019
You will need either unlocked bootloader + device specific custom recovery, or functional exploit which could root the phone. You are most probably out of luck, so buying a phone with good support on XDA might save you some headaches. :)
Learned the lesson :)
But this Sharp Sense 3 was offered to me by a carrier.
It had initially Android 9 Pie on it, and, biiig mistake, let it upgrade itself :(
(no upgrade until root from now on!)

Anyway, that's an interesting challenge. Had a look at the open-source visible code from Sharp, checked the 'recovery.cpp' part, and tried all the 'reboot' allowed in the code (eg oem-xxx ...).
Saw the "panic" code (Snapdragon 630 has a panic mode), but could not trigger it.
Saw the part from the Google code handling the sideload signature, and this one will be hard to beat!
And, unfortunately the part handling 'bootloader', Sharp cutstomized, is not visible.
To be continued...

Last edited: