how to - root your htc one v the easy way..noob friendly ; ) STEP BY STEP(gsm only)

Search This thread

paarthdesai

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 2, 2012
mumbai
2ylsaa8.png

soo i found ckpv5's guide to root htc one v more complex and difficult for a newcomer to android ..( it did to me ) soo i am writng another one in my way as i being a noob wld understand

So guysu just got a new HTC One V which is running on the Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich version and so if you want you can root it using the following Step-By-Step Article. Rooting allows you to expand the functionality of your phone and lets you do more things on your phone than before. like custom roms ,kernel ( which increases performance and battery both..),or u could just do it to install your wanted or fav root app from the play store
following things

You Must Know:

* *As long as your phone is rooted will warranty will be void.
* *Proceed at your own risk and ensure you backup your device before hand so that anything happen you won't have a new paperweight. Because i dont take any responsibility for any loss of data or if u brick ur device..
soo-
You're Going To Need:

* *A HTC One V
* *USB Cable (Same one that came with the phone)
* *Make sure your HTC One V have at least 50% of battery life.
* *Windows PC, Mac OS, or Linux (only need one)
* *You are going need your HTC One V’s bootloader unlocked. (You can do that with the link below You're Going To Need: (Read Article Before Downloading)
http://www.htcdev.com/devcenter

* *Superboot Image

* *HTC One V bootloader unlockedStep-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1: Unzip files from the Superboot rar file and put them on your Desktop for easy access. :p

Step 2: Turn OFF your HTC One V.

Step 3: Boot up your HTC One V into the bootloader mode. To do that, press and hold Volume DOWN key --> then press the Power Key.

Step 4: When you have entered the bootloader mode, connect your HTC One V to your PC using the USB cable. (Same one that came with it)

Step 5: select all other supported models (complete bootloader unlocking from the site listed above
once done come back here again ;)
soo now i hope ur done with bootloader unlock process ..proceed below
A) Windows Only: If you are using a Windows PC, run the install-superboot-windows.bat file by double-clicking on it.

B) Mac OS Only: If you are running Mac OS, then open a Terminal Window at the place where you have put extracted files, it should be Desktop. Type the following commands in the Terminal:
chmod +x install-superboot-mac.sh
./install-superboot-mac.sh

C) Linux Only: If you are having Linux as your OS, then open a Terminal where the extracted files exist and type in the following commands:
chmod +x install-superboot-linux.sh
./install-superboot-linux.sh

Step 6: It will take a few seconds to root youe HTC One V. When it’s done, disconnect your phone from the Windows, Mac, or Linux.

And That's All, you now have a rooted HTC One V.
ENJOY!!
special thanks to paulobrien for the superboot image ;)

Attachments

• r1-primo-superboot.rar
    5 MB · Views: 29,347
Last edited:

ckpv5

Recognized Contributor
Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
soo i found ckpv5's guide to root htc one v more complex and difficult for a newcomer to android ..( it did to me ) soo i am writng another one in my way as i being a noob wld understand

My guide is a little bit like that because I respect the original creator paulobrien and the original r1-primo-superboot.zip is linked to his download site and proper credit stated on the thread.

rjkitch

May 29, 2012
Thanks

This is my first root on the htc one V, I seamed to be having allot of troubles until I stumbled over this post. Thanks again This is a must read for noob's.

rein013

Oct 21, 2012
< waiting for device >

ok i have successfully unlocked the bootloader on my HTC one v cdma VM and when i get to step 5 A. run the install-superboot-windows.bat file - on my computer win7 the CMD says C:\Users\GOD\Desktop\cbs>fastboot-windows.exe boot boot.superboot.img
< waiting for device >

on my HTC one v it says :

**** UNLOCKED ****
PRIMOC PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.53.0000
RADIO-1.00.00.0521_2
eMMC-boot
May 14 2012,20:27:38

HBOOT

<VOL UP> to previous item
<VOL DOWN> to next item
<POWER> to select item

FASTBOOT
RECOVERY
FACTORY RESET
SIMLOCK
HBOOT USB
IMAGE CRC
SHOW BARCODE

and that's all my andorid phone says , and so i'm stuck .

the cmd on win7 just says stuck at < waiting for device > PLEASE ADVISE .

thank you .

and yes the phone is connected to the pc via the usb connection .

---------- Post added at 03:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 AM ----------

:confused:
ok i have successfully unlocked the bootloader on my HTC one v cdma VM and when i get to step 5 A. run the install-superboot-windows.bat file - on my computer win7 the CMD says C:\Users\GOD\Desktop\cbs>fastboot-windows.exe boot boot.superboot.img
< waiting for device >

on my HTC one v it says :

**** UNLOCKED ****
PRIMOC PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.53.0000
RADIO-1.00.00.0521_2
eMMC-boot
May 14 2012,20:27:38

HBOOT

<VOL UP> to previous item
<VOL DOWN> to next item
<POWER> to select item

FASTBOOT
RECOVERY
FACTORY RESET
SIMLOCK
HBOOT USB
IMAGE CRC
SHOW BARCODE

and that's all my andorid phone says , and so i'm stuck .

the cmd on win7 just says stuck at < waiting for device > PLEASE ADVISE .

thank you .

and yes the phone is connected to the pc via the usb connection .

ok WAIT i pressed the power button to restart my phone and the CMD proceeded and my one v updated - said something about this build is designed for HTC only do not distribute and then i had to hard reset my phone because it stayed stuck at that screen then my phone restarted normally .

i ran root checker basic but it says that my phone is not rooted , i also ran terminal and it is showing a $ rather than a # sign and if i did my homework correctly i should see # if my phone is properly rooted ?

i also tried typing SU and i get an error under terminal - sh: SU: not found .

please advise . :confused:

thank you . :confused:

rein013

Oct 21, 2012
Last edited:
Reactions: [email protected]

bahubali67

Apr 4, 2012
Belgaum
I am unable to boot in bootloader mode..I switched off my device then started it by pressing volume down key but nothing happened ...wat to do. Plz help.

from my HTC One V using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

paarthdesai

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 2, 2012
mumbai
u have adb+fastboot?

then direct ur cmd to where fastboot is
type adb reboot bootloader

and manually it should work.. switch of phone then try Turning it on by pressing volume down+power

Sent from my One V

bahubali67

Apr 4, 2012
Belgaum
Sorry I didn't get u...

Sent from my HTC One V using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

u have adb+fastboot?

and manually it should work.. switch of phone then try Turning it on by pressing volume down+power

Sent from my One V

What is that adb+fastboot???what should I do???

Reactions: [email protected]@

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2ylsaa8.png

So guysu just got a new HTC One V which is running on the Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich version and so if you want you can root it using the following Step-By-Step Article. Rooting allows you to expand the functionality of your phone and lets you do more things on your phone than before. like custom roms ,kernel ( which increases performance and battery both..),or u could just do it to install your wanted or fav root app from the play store
    following things

You Must Know:

* *As long as your phone is rooted will warranty will be void.
    * *Proceed at your own risk and ensure you backup your device before hand so that anything happen you won't have a new paperweight. Because i dont take any responsibility for any loss of data or if u brick ur device..
    soo-
    You're Going To Need:

* *A HTC One V
    * *USB Cable (Same one that came with the phone)
    * *Make sure your HTC One V have at least 50% of battery life.
    * *Windows PC, Mac OS, or Linux (only need one)
    * *You are going need your HTC One V’s bootloader unlocked. (You can do that with the link below You're Going To Need: (Read Article Before Downloading)
    http://www.htcdev.com/devcenter

* *Superboot Image

* *HTC One V bootloader unlockedStep-By-Step Instructions:
    Step 1: Unzip files from the Superboot rar file and put them on your Desktop for easy access. :p

Step 2: Turn OFF your HTC One V.

Step 3: Boot up your HTC One V into the bootloader mode. To do that, press and hold Volume DOWN key --> then press the Power Key.

Step 4: When you have entered the bootloader mode, connect your HTC One V to your PC using the USB cable. (Same one that came with it)

Step 5: select all other supported models (complete bootloader unlocking from the site listed above
    once done come back here again ;)
    soo now i hope ur done with bootloader unlock process ..proceed below
    A) Windows Only: If you are using a Windows PC, run the install-superboot-windows.bat file by double-clicking on it.

B) Mac OS Only: If you are running Mac OS, then open a Terminal Window at the place where you have put extracted files, it should be Desktop. Type the following commands in the Terminal:
    chmod +x install-superboot-mac.sh
    ./install-superboot-mac.sh

C) Linux Only: If you are having Linux as your OS, then open a Terminal where the extracted files exist and type in the following commands:
    chmod +x install-superboot-linux.sh
    ./install-superboot-linux.sh

Step 6: It will take a few seconds to root youe HTC One V. When it’s done, disconnect your phone from the Windows, Mac, or Linux.

And That's All, you now have a rooted HTC One V.
    ENJOY!!
    special thanks to paulobrien for the superboot image ;)

My guide is a little bit like that because I respect the original creator paulobrien and the original r1-primo-superboot.zip is linked to his download site and proper credit stated on the thread.
    u need to run that. bat file in hboot
    then it will reboot properly.. and this is for gsm mate.. i think rooting cdma requires a different file

here- http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=24836570
    Sent from my One V
    yikes !

u need to run that. bat file in hboot
    then it will reboot properly.. and this is for gsm mate.. i think rooting cdma requires a different file

here- http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=24836570
    Sent from my One V

lucky i didn't brick my phone . yeah cdma must require a different file .i figured out the hboot , but it didn't root my phone . thanks for the quick reply .
    cheers !
    Sorry I didn't get u...

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

u have adb+fastboot?

Sent from my One V

What is that adb+fastboot???what should I do???

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone