[Updated] [Guide] How to Root Your Samsung Galaxy A10 & A10s + Install Twrp

Did This Tutorial work for you? (Be honest Please)

• Yes!

• No,twrp/,agisk wont download

• No,Bootloop

• No,Brick

Results are only viewable after voting.
Search This thread

shadownns

Jul 26, 2016
Well. can install magisk and twrp, but with an alternative method,
I dowload firmware region ZTO android 10 with samfirm , my phone is A105M. Extract the firmware and path AP file with magisk manager
I use magisk_patched.tar, open with 7zip, delete recovery.img(stock recovery) and add recovery.img(afaneh92's twrp) in the archive patcher, now open ODIN and install (extract you firmware downloaded).
AP->magisk_patcher.tar, BL->BL, CP->CP and CSC->CSC
And install magisk from magisk manager

I have error with 16 gb memory, i fix this, entry in the twrp and click on factory default and fixed.

Last edited:

chiteroman

Nov 4, 2019
Oviedo
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
Samsung Galaxy A12
Doesn't work in SM-A105FN with latest firmware (bootloop).

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

I dowload firmware region ZTO android 10 with samfirm , my phone is A105M. Extract the firmware and path AP file with magisk manager
I use magisk_patched.tar, open with 7zip, delete recovery.img(stock recovery) and add recovery.img(afaneh92's twrp) in the archive patcher, now open ODIN and install (extract you firmware downloaded).

I have error with 16 gb memory, i fix this, entry in the twrp and click on factory default and fixed.

Doesn't work on SM-A105FN, only boot into main screen.

kysmet

May 27, 2020
magisk fails to patch: unsupporte/unknown image format. Installation failed

magisk fails to patch: unsupporte/unknown image format. Installation failed

asadokie

May 30, 2020
Hello all.

I've been trying to root my a10s for a while with no success.

I can't unlock bootloader. I've followed all instructions but it just won't work.

When I press the volume up button (after the warning screen) expecting to see the unlock bootloader screen, the phone restarts itself.

There is also a PC method that has been recommended using adb fastboot. that too hasn't worked. My phone is never captured as a fadtboot device

As a result, I can't make progress. I feel stuck.

So i tried using afaneh92's tutorial which will be linked here : https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-a10/how-to/magisk-root-galaxy-a10-series-t3963822
Which lead to me bootlooping or softbricking and my storage was reduced from 32 gb to 16Gb so i decided to work on my own method!

If you have issues during the process send it in the comment ill try to respond as fast as i can!:)

Last edited:

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
Hello all.

I can't unlock bootloader. I've followed all instructions but it just won't work.

When I press the volume up button (after the warning screen) expecting to see the unlock bootloader screen, the phone restarts itself.

There is also a PC method that has been recommended using adb fastboot. that too hasn't worked. My phone is never captured as a fadtboot device

Are you on Android 10? What is your device model?

Nice method!

Hello all.

If you are on a carrer you have to pay them an big amount for a key tonunlock ur bootloader

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    READ EVERYTHING CAREFULLY!
    1.Your phone warranty will be void after this tutorial, and you wil trip KNOX.
    2.Any small mistake and your phone is bricked/bootloop state.
    3.All of your data will be lost so back it up somewhere

Cleaned up this tutorial and made it more understandable, Added some certain fixes to issues, updated the TWRP Link, A10s is also supported now (even though it was awhile ago)

Redone the steps in Unlocking The Bootloader and Getting Into Download Mode

BEFORE YOU START YOU SHOULD HAVE
    1.Samsung Drivers installed
    2.Odin Installed
    3.7zip Installed
    4.A data transfer cable
    5.A Proper working brain
    If you have all of those lets start!

1.Go in settings>about phone>software information>build number tap that 5 times until it says "You are a developer now" then you will have Developer options unlocked
    2.Then go in developer functions and find OEM unlocking tick that on scroll down until you see Usb Debugging and tick that also Disable Auto Updates option

Download TWRP and 2 other important files
    1.Dial *#1234# and it will show the AP and some others, focus on AP paste it on google and get the download for it
    2.After downloaded move the AP to your download folder in your android device
    3.You will get a magisk_patched.tar after its been offically compiled
    4.Get the twrp for a10

Download the twrp file here :
    Make sure to get the right one.

A10:https://twrp.me/samsung/samsunggalaxya10.html
    (Unofficial) A10s:
    https://xdaforums.com/t/recovery-a10s-unofficial-twrp-3-7-0-for-galaxy-a10s-by-itzkaguya.4482911/

5.After you got the recovery ands magisk_patched.tar, open up magisk_patched.tar, and grab vbmeta.img and boot.img from the archive.
    6.Grab all the 3 .img files and archive them into a .tar using 7zip.

Unlocking The Bootloader and Getting Into Download Mode

Note: This part is where you lose your data.

There are two ways to get into bootloader mode/download mode, if one fails.

A - Using combinations
    1.Turn Off your phone
    1.2.Put your data cable into your PC(dont connect your phone to it yet)
    1.3.Hold Volume Up and Down then insert the cable into your phone
    1.4.When you see a bluescreen let go
    1.5. Now, press and hold the volume up button for a few seconds, and the bootloader unlocking wizard will begin.
    1.6. Use the volume up button to confirm the unlocking process.

1. Make sure you have USB Debugging enabled (Developer Settings)
    1.2. Plug your device into the PC and allow USB Debugging if asked.
    1.3. Download ADB : https://xdaforums.com/t/tool-minimal-adb-and-fastboot-2-9-18.2317790/
    1.4. Run it, do
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    1.5. Now, press and hold the volume up button for a few seconds, and the bootloader unlocking wizard will begin.
    1.6. Use the volume up button to confirm the unlocking process.

2.Your device will reset itself and reboot
    2.1 Reboot into bootloader again with any of the steps above, Then you're in download mode.

Note: Step 4 is crucial, if you dont follow it, your recovery will be reset to the stock one.

1.Open Odin
    2.Press on AP then find the .tar file your archived earlier and press open
    3.Press start and let it do its thing
    4.Once the device restarts immediately hold volume up and power.
    5.Once TWRP Opened, wipe the device then install this to make sure your storage wont be encrypted : https://xdaforums.com/attachments/disable_dm-verity_forceencrypt_11-02-2020-1-zip.5546629/

1.Install the magisk app and change the filetype from an .apk to a .zip
    2.Restart your device and go into TWRP
    3.Press install
    3.1.Find the magisk zip thats supposed to be in "sdcard/Downloads"
    3.2Swipe right on the bottom to flash it then press reboot system now.
    4.Now you have TWRP, and Magisk.

What happens if something goes wrong.
    1.SV Error Device 1 library 0 - You installed the wrong firmware look for the right firmware.To check go in recovery mode and look at the A105XXXXXX and then look for a download. Remider AP->AP BL->BL CP->CP HOME_CSC->CSC

2.vbmeta.img error - you have the wrong vbmeta.img file. Redownload the original firmware and take out the right vbmeta.img next time you try flashing. Reminder AP->AP BL->BL CP->CP HOME_CSC->CSC

3.A blue screen telling you to use samsung switch emergency update - You messed up a part, Open up odin and flash stock firmware then just restart the process from 0

4.When i try to boot in it gets me into TWRP - Thats just because that your data is corrupted, Wipe the device from TWRP to fix it.

5.My internal storage is encrypted (just full of weird numbers and I can't download anything on it): You didnt follow Step 5 when Flashing TWRP, Redo step 5.

6.Boootlooping or Bricked - Restart from 0, reinstall the original firmware.
    i notice thread title says exynos only.. u do know they are all exynos including a102u and a102u1 right?
    All sorted now, back on stock with twrp and root:) It was a schoolboy error by me, the firmware downloaded was corrupted lol.

Oh! Im happy to hear that! :D
    All sorted now, back on stock with twrp and root:) It was a schoolboy error by me, the firmware downloaded was corrupted lol.
    Could you also tell me from where have you downloaded the corrupted firmware so i can warn the others?
    Could you also tell me from where have you downloaded the corrupted firmware so i can warn the others?

The corruption was my side, I was using a download manager, but when I downloaded through chrome it was all good. As I said, schoolboy error on my part for not checking md5. I used sammobile site for the firmware.