HOW To Root Zenfone3 MAX ZC520TL ????? .... please

Search This thread

Borat38

Jan 1, 2011
OnePlus 6
Xiaomi Poco F3
I believe you may have the model versions backwards.
See: http://m.gadgets.ndtv.com/asus-zenfone-3-max-zc520tl-3640-vs-asus-zenfone-pegasus-3-3583
I have a 2gb version and it has the "M" processor.

I think it's not about which RAM belongs to which version. It mainly has to do with processor versions, and both versions have 2gb and 3gb RAMs.

I have a 3gb RAM + 32gb ROM version, with the MT6737M processor.

Screenshot of firmware details attached
0Y4V6wo

RevanEphys

Oct 20, 2015
Malang
I need root for asus zenfone 3 max but the SoC is MT6735 but then again the board is MT6737T so which one is correct ?

I've included screenshot for proof from CPU-Z app

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170117-073136.jpg
    Screenshot_20170117-073136.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 1,093
  • Screenshot_20170117-073139.jpg
    Screenshot_20170117-073139.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 1,094

SickCuriosity

Nov 26, 2015
Ciao,
sono arrivato fino a questo punto e non capisco come mai non posso continuare: (spero si veda lo screenshot)
credo mancano i driver
Ho lo stesso problema e credo lo stesso telefono. Sembra che il problema sia che il telefono si accende quando lo colleghi al pc, sto cercando una soluzione.

I have the same phone and same problem: when trying to flash with sp flash tools, as soon as I plug my phone in it turns on, interrupting the flash and prompting the same error as @Mauro"Zac79"...
Anybody knows any fixes/workarounds/alternative ways to root this version?

Jimbolaisma

Mar 4, 2017
Master in Xda-Developer. Can you help me master?
I will try tutorial in stupdroid.com
My board MT6737 and Hardware mt6735? :(

almat78

Sep 24, 2016
unfortunately nobody will help us I have the same trouble :( This telephone just does not have any way how to root it.

rictec

Jan 22, 2005
If you want to customize or do things we like to do on our devices stay away from this device it as the boot locked and a fastboot that doesnt work most of the time
Asus refuses to send a unlock code/app for this model so we will have to wait for them to provide upgrades

Ricksw

May 23, 2017
How to make a copy of the Rom or Android SO version on the phone

I don´t want to root my phone, i only want to make a backup of my zenfone 3 max ZC520TL of the Android S.O. being on the ROM. If i don´t like the update instaled i make a recovery of the android SO . How I do that? I want to make a copy of S. O. and recovery to the original version came in the phone.

XN Logos

Sep 27, 2016
indore
I don´t want to root my phone, i only want to make a backup of my zenfone 3 max ZC520TL of the Android S.O. being on the ROM. If i don´t like the update instaled i make a recovery of the android SO . How I do that? I want to make a copy of S. O. and recovery to the original version came in the phone.
Run SP flash load Scatter go to Readback tab, add/ and use last liner Number of Rom[find using MTK tools/Log click Readback, Connect switched off phone,

gruby1982

May 23, 2017
ZC520TL US version

Hi
Does anyone know how to root US version?

Phone:
ZC520TL
ASUS_X008DC
MRA58K.US_Phone-13.1.4.69-20170414

kuive

Feb 17, 2011
still there is NO way yet to unlock the bootloader and make sp flash tool work on it

The support page lists a working bootloader unlock tool compatible with the US version of the phone, provided it's on Nougat, so we now have an unlockable bootloader. Read the fine print carefully on that though, because it will wipe your device and disable future OTA updates - which you probably don't want to do just yet, since we don't have anything to flash.

Now we just need a viable recovery and rom. :)

rictec

Jan 22, 2005
misleading info in their site

The support page lists a working bootloader unlock tool compatible with the US version of the phone, provided it's on Nougat, so we now have an unlockable bootloader. Read the fine print carefully on that though, because it will wipe your device and disable future OTA updates - which you probably don't want to do just yet, since we don't have anything to flash.

Now we just need a viable recovery and rom. :)

unfortunately you are wrong in assuming what asus provided works and that is not the case as usual
the provided application simple doesn't work even if you have everything
i already sent them that info and the required serial number as they requested so they fix what should be a easy thing to do in the first place
of course without unlocking we can do a lot of things but we cant test them ....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HOW To Root Zenfone3 MAX ZC520TL ????? .... please
    here the my guide in italian
    Here you go translated to English with google
    1) Download the USB driver VCOM MediaTek PRELOADER this link

http://www25.zippyshare.com/v/lefGWqHS/file.html

unzip the zip file on your PC

2) Go into the Control Panel, then "Hardware" and then again " device management". Here you click on the name "COM AND LPT PORT" leaving the highlighted option, you will see that at the top, under "Action", will appear in the "Add Legacy Hardware" option.

3) Click on the following option, choose to install the hardware from a list and at this point you'll see a list of devices; select "Show all devices" and move on. Now click on your hard driver and go to manually select the USB driver folder VCOM that you unzipped earlier, here choose the subfolder Windows 7, then one of the usb2ser_Win7.inf or usb2ser_Win764.inf file, the second if you have a 64bit system (as almost all the modern pCs today), and dates ok.

4) In the new list of items that will appear select "MediaTek PRELOADER VCOM USB Port" and finish the installation.
    NB If you have Windows 10, the entire procedure from step 2 to be made in the special mode of the digital signature off, otherwise the system detects that the driver is not signed and will not lead properly completed installation (or better to say he's brought them term, but the driver did not install properly). You can find the guide to access this special mode here

http://www.windowsblogitalia.com/...r-firm.../

5) now download the appropriate software for MediaTek devices called "SP Flash Tool" on this link

http://www115.zippyshare.com/v/k Ds BvmNY / file.html

and unzip the zip

6) download the TWRP recovery for Zenfone 3 Max and the related scatter file from this link

http: //www10.zippyshare. com / v / G0kVOAYR / file.html

and unzip the zip file in a folder at your leisure

7) Turn on the phone and uploaded to the internal memory of the same supersu.zip the appropriate file (without unzipping) found at this link

http: / /www59.zippyshare.com/v/mTo61OoW/file.html

8) Now open the SP Flash Tool software and the string "scatter-loading files" load the scatter file (in txt format) previously unzipped the folder, then in the menu dropdown below leave the mode "Download only" and again in "recovery" string put the check mark and clicking on the colored part without written in green (on the right) select the img file recovery ever previously decompressed. You should have a situation like this

http://imgur.com/a/xZAnd

Now phone is turned off and unplugged from the USB port of your PC, click the Download button at the top (the one with the green arrow pointing down) and only after you connect your phone to USB. So the flash will start the recovery. At the end, and just this once, to prevent the first restart overwrites the TWRP recovery again with the original, do not immediately restart the phone but immediately TWRP revenue from the situation in which you are holding the combination of volume up + power. Move with volume in the menu selection that will appear to select recovery and confirmed access with volume down. At the request of the password, select Delete and confirm the dates of the next request writable with a swipe

9) Now we just have to flash the supersu.zip file previously loaded on the internal memory (and 'important that this step you do it before leaving the recovery, otherwise the device could go bootloop when you restart). On restart you'll eventually see the app supersu and you have root privileges
    here the my guide in italian
    zc520tl no root

I have the same problem too to my x
    zenfone 3 max
    Here the way you need to root Zenfone 3 Max

https://youtu.be/Y2yKgvgftXk
    :highfive::highfive::highfive:

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

See the Video i post above
    Pls .someone who can teach us the procedure of rooting this device .