• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

how to root?

Search This thread

budafuko

Feb 24, 2014
at least you are smart enough to look here first. i've looked around on the internet and there is some ass hat who has tried to convince people to use ODIN to root their devices and got his friends to say yes this worked in the comments. so many people having troubles and the guy is pretending to "help" in the comments. for people who haven't fully bricked their device to ensure that they have. i mean i guess if you are dumb enough to think a device has a working hack a week after it came out then you are doing it to yourself

i'm sure with enough know how they can fix their phones but as it is they are stuck in a boot loop

lesson to the story: always check with a reputable source before you do something which can potentially soft-brick your multi-hundred/thousand/ and in some instances multi-thousand dollar device

Reactions: chenjingyuan98

darkflyer1983

Dec 18, 2008
Metz
Hey, thanks for the info. I would like to know if there is any benefit of rooting the phone? Aside from removing et tampering with system apps.
Is it possible to enable camera2api for all cameras for example? I'm interested in using gcam or other compatible ROMs.

xxBrun0xx

Jan 1, 2012
CT
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
Hey, thanks for the info. I would like to know if there is any benefit of rooting the phone? Aside from removing et tampering with system apps.
Is it possible to enable camera2api for all cameras for example? I'm interested in using gcam or other compatible ROMs.
You don't need root to use gcam. All the recent gcam development has been on the rootless variants. As for roms, there aren't any available yet, but now that these are starting to get into more people's hands it's only a matter of time.

YZFR90

Apr 1, 2013
nottingham
i found after root o
one problem i found after rooting is all HD videos were no longer processed proppeerly (broke netflix and amazon prime video would not allow hardware accelerated video) meaning hd was no good aparently.
im not sure weather this can be fixed later but due to this i unrooted and stayed unrooted for now as its all fixed after unroot.

YZFR90

Apr 1, 2013
nottingham
i found after root o

one problem i found after rooting is all HD videos were no longer processed proppeerly (broke netflix and amazon prime video would not allow hardware accelerated video) meaning hd was no good aparently.
im not sure weather this can be fixed later but due to this i unrooted and stayed unrooted for now as its all fixed after unroot.
also screen mirror broke also no matter what i tried couldnt get it to work

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The device just came out. There is no root yet
    is there any method to root this device?
    at least you are smart enough to look here first. i've looked around on the internet and there is some ass hat who has tried to convince people to use ODIN to root their devices and got his friends to say yes this worked in the comments. so many people having troubles and the guy is pretending to "help" in the comments. for people who haven't fully bricked their device to ensure that they have. i mean i guess if you are dumb enough to think a device has a working hack a week after it came out then you are doing it to yourself

i'm sure with enough know how they can fix their phones but as it is they are stuck in a boot loop

lesson to the story: always check with a reputable source before you do something which can potentially soft-brick your multi-hundred/thousand/ and in some instances multi-thousand dollar device