How to run any android 11 rom without losing the 4G+ / LTE+ signal (LG G7) (ULM) Or PM Convert to ULM.

Search This thread

Yeriorlando

Jul 29, 2016
Santa Cruz, El Seibo
It took a few days, like many other colleagues in the telegram group https://t.me/lgg7thinqmain in English and https://t.me/lg_g7esp in Spanish. Many of us tried to run android 11 on our LG G7 710ULM, but we always lost the 4G + / LTE + signal. So after several attempts we found a way to run android 11 based roms without losing the 4G + / LTE + signal.

It will not be necessary to wait for Verizon to release android 10 to be able to run custom roms based on android 11, at least, without being able to lose the 4G + / LTE + signal.

Note: This method have been tested only on LG G7 ULM or PM converted to ULM. IF YOU TRY TO EXECUTE THESE METHODS ON OTHER AMERICAN MODELS, IT WILL BE AT YOUR OWN RESPONSIBILITY, ALTHOUGH IT MAY WORK.
I'm not a developer or anything like that. I only share one method to be able to maintain the 4G + / LTE + signal after flashing a custom rom based on Android 11. Any unforeseen event, WILL BE YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.

After so much testing, it has been concluded that the loss of the 4G + / LTE + signal is due to the type of Gapps we use. So in this case, the ones that were perfect to maintain the signal 4G+/ LTE+ were the NikGAPPS

Before starting the process, you should be clear about the following:

1 - You must have the
BOOTLOADER UNLOCKED: -------> https://xdaforums.com/t/guide-guide-to-unlock-bootloader-for-every-g7-thinq-except-g710tm-with-photos.4168771/

2 - You must be running ANDROID 10 if you want to have a custom ROM based on ANDROID 11.

3- You must write down, copy or take screenshots of your APN CONFIGURATION that you have in STOCK ANDROID 10.

4 - The ROM to be installed must not include Gapps or previously installed Google services.

Necessary files (In case you do not have them or you are not in the LG G7 development group):

Android 11 based ROM lists:

1 - DotOS ---> DIRECT DOWNLOAD

2 - Paranoid Android 11 ---> DIRECT DOWNLOAD

3 - Fluid 1.2 ---> DIRECT DOWNLOAD

4 - Nusantara 2.5 --->DIRECT DOWNLOAD

OrangeFox.img Boot_a and Boot_B -------------> DIRECTO DOWNLOAD
OrangeFox Recovery Zip V1.2 ------------- > DIRECT DOWNLOAD
NikGAPPS: --------------------> DIRECT DOWNLOAD

Method number 1:

1 -First load the OrangeFox.img by QFIL, you should mount it in Boot_a and Boot_b.

2 -Enter into recovery mode using the key combination. Once inside OrangeFox, flash the ANDROID 11 BASED ROM YOU WANT TO INSTALL. (That's right, without doing the WIPES) (Flash the rom.zip in dirty)

3 -Now flash the OrangeFox-R11.0_1.2-Stable-judyln .. After it is flashed, it will reboot automatically.

4 - If you want to have Magisk continue with this step, otherwise you can skip it and go to the next step.

4 -Since I started the OrangeFox.zip that you flashed earlier, now it flashes the NikGAPPS and Magisk. (In this first point we will flash the NikGapps so that Magisk is not deleted when starting the ROM)

5- Now REBOOT SYSTEM and wait for the rom to start. As you can see, you do not have the NikGapps, only Magisk remained (In case you do have Magisk and the NikGAPPS "CONGRATULATIONS") * We continue ...

6 - Start the rom and you do not have the 4G + / LTE + signal. Now we are going to configuration of Mobile Networks and we are going to CONFIGURE THE APN, just placing the configuration that we had in the STOCK ROM or any other where you had the 4G + / LTE + signal

7- Once the APN is configured, reboot in recovery mode.

8 - Now flash the rom you installed again, on top of the one you already had.

9 - Now flash the OrangeFox-R11.0_1.2-Stable-judyln one more time.

10 - Finally flash the NikGapps
and REBOOT SYSTEMA And Congratulations! With this you will not lose the 4G + / LTE + signal.

11 - In case step number 2 does not work for you, you can perform the Wipes, as follows: Wipe System ----> Wipe Cache ---> Wipe Data. ( NOW flash the rom from 0 and continue with the other steps.

12 - If in step 3 you stuck in the logo after flashing the recovery, do it again in step number 1.

Last edited:
Reactions: sebasrock156

mizan_sam

Apr 24, 2018
Evolution x already have pre installed gapps. So, does it mean that it is okay to flash nikgapps on top of the pre installed gapps?

Yeriorlando

Jul 29, 2016
Santa Cruz, El Seibo
Evolution x already have pre installed gapps. So, does it mean that it is okay to flash nikgapps on top of the pre installed gapps?

You could just try it, along with the rom, to replace the applications that already come in Evolution. I have edited the thread and removed Evo from the list, I had forgotten that it has Gapps included, thank you very much for the clarification.

Z333D

Dec 24, 2019
It will not be necessary to wait for Verizon to release android 10 to be able to run custom roms based on android 11, at least, without being able to lose the 4G + / LTE + signal.
how we can install on verizon model because if i install android 10 of any other model it's lose the signal.

Yeedatoy

Jul 18, 2018
Charlotte
AT&T HTC One X
LG V30
What does ULM have to do with Verizon? Pertaining to the original post? ULM is the Unlocked model, not tied to any carrier. LTE will work as long as you Crossflash to AWM use the correct APN settings and make sure All of your phone radio information is correct under dialer *#*#4636#*#*, because AWM is also unlocked firmware, just made for a different region...kind of like how BrightPoint, Google Fi, USA firmware is all ULM just with minor differences which are as simple as certain apps included in all of the firmware, which are enabled based on which SIM card is inserted. When you mentioned not having to wait for Verizon to release Android 10 was that just a typo? I think that's what this confusing me. Did you mean to say "Wait for LG" ?

Yeedatoy

Jul 18, 2018
Charlotte
AT&T HTC One X
LG V30

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210322-194824.png
    Screenshot_20210322-194824.png
    398.1 KB · Views: 432
  • Screenshot_20210322-194552.png
    Screenshot_20210322-194552.png
    463.4 KB · Views: 434

kipinsider

May 30, 2020
www.youtube.com
Hi I'm running a ULM device under the 30d AWM firmware. My problem is that i can't turn Wifi or Hotspot on.

Do you think the this Gapps can fix it too?!

Edit: Doesn't work!

Last edited:

Yeriorlando

Jul 29, 2016
Santa Cruz, El Seibo
What does ULM have to do with Verizon? Pertaining to the original post? ULM is the Unlocked model, not tied to any carrier. LTE will work as long as you Crossflash to AWM use the correct APN settings and make sure All of your phone radio information is correct under dialer *#*#4636#*#*, because AWM is also unlocked firmware, just made for a different region...kind of like how BrightPoint, Google Fi, USA firmware is all ULM just with minor differences which are as simple as certain apps included in all of the firmware, which are enabled based on which SIM card is inserted. When you mentioned not having to wait for Verizon to release Android 10 was that just a typo? I think that's what this confusing me. Did you mean to say "Wait for LG" ?

I mean that many people who have the version of VERIZON said that they had to wait for it to launch android 10, to be able to run custom roms based on android 11 or simply be updated, that's why the tutorial, because VERIZON users can make a cross flash to ULM, do the process indicated before and thus not lose the LTE +, because the roms based on android 11, for the AMERICAN models, lose the LTE +

Community Verified icon

deezdrama

Apr 19, 2011
I unlocked bootloader and crossflashed my ULM to awm30d.... I had no service at all. I set network and configured apn .... nomatter what I tried I have no service. I tried flashing 4-5 other firmwares.... No service with any of them. I flashed back to stock and still no service!
I put the sim card in an old phone and service works fine. I dont know what happened.
I would like to flash to dotos and try a different sim/carrier..... Should i use nikgapps?

jesus.sea

Dec 5, 2012
hi, i follow the steps and when i boot the rom i just get a black screen, if i keep power button pressed it show power menu but everything else is black

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It took a few days, like many other colleagues in the telegram group https://t.me/lgg7thinqmain in English and https://t.me/lg_g7esp in Spanish. Many of us tried to run android 11 on our LG G7 710ULM, but we always lost the 4G + / LTE + signal. So after several attempts we found a way to run android 11 based roms without losing the 4G + / LTE + signal.

Note: This method have been tested only on LG G7 ULM or PM converted to ULM. IF YOU TRY TO EXECUTE THESE METHODS ON OTHER AMERICAN MODELS, IT WILL BE AT YOUR OWN RESPONSIBILITY, ALTHOUGH IT MAY WORK.
    I'm not a developer or anything like that. I only share one method to be able to maintain the 4G + / LTE + signal after flashing a custom rom based on Android 11. Any unforeseen event, WILL BE YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.

After so much testing, it has been concluded that the loss of the 4G + / LTE + signal is due to the type of Gapps we use. So in this case, the ones that were perfect to maintain the signal 4G+/ LTE+ were the NikGAPPS

Before starting the process, you should be clear about the following:

1 - You must have the
    BOOTLOADER UNLOCKED: -------> https://xdaforums.com/t/guide-guide-to-unlock-bootloader-for-every-g7-thinq-except-g710tm-with-photos.4168771/

2 - You must be running ANDROID 10 if you want to have a custom ROM based on ANDROID 11.

3- You must write down, copy or take screenshots of your APN CONFIGURATION that you have in STOCK ANDROID 10.

4 - The ROM to be installed must not include Gapps or previously installed Google services.

Necessary files (In case you do not have them or you are not in the LG G7 development group):

Android 11 based ROM lists:

1 - DotOS ---> DIRECT DOWNLOAD

2 - Paranoid Android 11 ---> DIRECT DOWNLOAD

3 - Fluid 1.2 ---> DIRECT DOWNLOAD

4 - Nusantara 2.5 --->DIRECT DOWNLOAD

OrangeFox.img Boot_a and Boot_B -------------> DIRECTO DOWNLOAD
    OrangeFox Recovery Zip V1.2 ------------- > DIRECT DOWNLOAD
    NikGAPPS: --------------------> DIRECT DOWNLOAD

Method number 1:

1 -First load the OrangeFox.img by QFIL, you should mount it in Boot_a and Boot_b.

2 -Enter into recovery mode using the key combination. Once inside OrangeFox, flash the ANDROID 11 BASED ROM YOU WANT TO INSTALL. (That's right, without doing the WIPES) (Flash the rom.zip in dirty)

3 -Now flash the OrangeFox-R11.0_1.2-Stable-judyln .. After it is flashed, it will reboot automatically.

4 - If you want to have Magisk continue with this step, otherwise you can skip it and go to the next step.

4 -Since I started the OrangeFox.zip that you flashed earlier, now it flashes the NikGAPPS and Magisk. (In this first point we will flash the NikGapps so that Magisk is not deleted when starting the ROM)

5- Now REBOOT SYSTEM and wait for the rom to start. As you can see, you do not have the NikGapps, only Magisk remained (In case you do have Magisk and the NikGAPPS "CONGRATULATIONS") * We continue ...

6 - Start the rom and you do not have the 4G + / LTE + signal. Now we are going to configuration of Mobile Networks and we are going to CONFIGURE THE APN, just placing the configuration that we had in the STOCK ROM or any other where you had the 4G + / LTE + signal

7- Once the APN is configured, reboot in recovery mode.

8 - Now flash the rom you installed again, on top of the one you already had.

9 - Now flash the OrangeFox-R11.0_1.2-Stable-judyln one more time.

10 - Finally flash the NikGapps
    and REBOOT SYSTEMA And Congratulations! With this you will not lose the 4G + / LTE + signal.

11 - In case step number 2 does not work for you, you can perform the Wipes, as follows: Wipe System ----> Wipe Cache ---> Wipe Data. ( NOW flash the rom from 0 and continue with the other steps.

12 - If in step 3 you stuck in the logo after flashing the recovery, do it again in step number 1.