• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[HOW-TO] [RUU] Flash RUU manually

Search This thread
M

Medivox

I am writing this guide because I had a problem with the automatic installation of RUU.
In my case, the RUU installer stopped while waiting for bootloader and could not complete the installation.
Sorry for bad English, Google Translate helps me. ;)

Warnings:

This operation will remove the custom recovery and root access.
I am not responsible for any damage caused by the use of this guide.

On the phone I have Revolutionary HBOOT. I do not know if the tutorial will work for devices with S-ON.

What do you need:
  • RUU file for HTC Wildfire / Buzz
  • USB cable

Step 1
You must extract "rom.zip" from RUU file. You can use this guide: sites.google.com/site/androidbyyorzua/home/tutorials/extracting-rom-files-from-htc-ruu

Step 2
Shut down your phone. Then enter the bootloader by simultaneously pressing the VOL- and POWER. Use the volume buttons to select "FASTBOOT" and press the POWER button.

Step 3
Run CMD and navigate to the folder containing Fastboot. Make sure your device is detected. Type "fastboot devices" and see if your device is listed. If so, proceed to the next step.

Step 4
Type the following into the command line:
Code:
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip "[COLOR="Orange"][I]<path to "rom.zip">[/I][/COLOR]"
The computer will start to receive messages about the installation and on the phone screen will move the green progress bar.
When the application has finished working, enter:
Code:
fastboot reboot

Step 5
DONE! You have succesfully flashed stock ROM.If you want, you can flash custom recovery, and then use it to install the root acces from ChainDD (androidsu.com/superuser).

I hope this tutorial helped you at least a little.

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
This will work when s-on, but a goldcard will be needed and maybe a misc downgrade :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2