• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How to safely unlock the bootloader P9?

Search This thread

AsgardCurse

Apr 8, 2010
Telde
I think this might be redundant, yesterday I contacted Huawei through their customer support form on their international page with my IMEI and S/No, and about 10hrs later got my bootloader unlock code with all the usual warnings about the warranty. I'm currently at work so I can't yet confirm if the code works or not but will update this post in a few hrs when I get home.
I was genuinely surprised that the person who contacted me via email was actually a finnish customer service agent, not some google translate-bot or anything.
My device is EVA-L09 and I live in Finland.
Cool. Keep us posted.

For some odd reason I couldn't edit my previous post but I can confirm that it worked for me. For the record, I also tried contacting them straight throught the [email protected] email, but I got their standard answer (register, log in for 14 consecutive days etc) from that address, but the support form gave me my code in a couple of hours after giving my IMEI and S/no.

I'm now rooted and running TWRP on my EVA-L09.

il0

Mar 3, 2016
Thanks for the instructions, just sent email to Huawei. Btw, if I make a backup before the unlock, is it wise to restore that after the unlock or might that cause problems?

clouds5

Feb 8, 2011
The issue is that this service wasn't/isn't available in Europe. Or at least it was like this a few weeks ago when I tried to get my unlock code from that website.

And, but this is speculation, it could be helpful in case of warranty, that Huawei didn't provide the unlock code themselves.

vladimir_carlan

Jan 5, 2014
The issue is that this service wasn't/isn't available in Europe. Or at least it was like this a few weeks ago when I tried to get my unlock code from that website.

And, but this is speculation, it could be helpful in case of warranty, that Huawei didn't provide the unlock code themselves.

I managed today to get my bootloader unlock code via that website for my P9 (EVA-L09) bought from UK (SIM free from Carphone Warehouse).

Reactions: clouds5

Milamber

Aug 2, 2010
South Australia
So I just unlocked my Bootloader successfully with the DC unlocker tool and wanted to share the process with you guys. If you live in Europe and tried to get your unlock code directly from Huawei you may have run into some problems ;) but this method works. My P9 is a EVA-L09 (europe single sim version).

I have a question since I am about to do this.

On my AL00 (Chinese P9) it gets modem a modem error.

nVZW9hQ.jpg

smohanv

Nov 5, 2006
Higham, Rochester, Kent
I have rooted (systemless) my P9 (EVA L09) and also installed with systemless xposed which works flawless. Bootloader code can also be had from Huawei site but I could not succeed from getting bootloader code (which is free) following the guide explained here http://www.gizdev.com/unlock-bootloader-huawei-p9/

Finally I had to use DC unlocker way though it costed me 4 EUROs but it was easier. Initially I had problem in connecting to my computer and get DC unlocker to read my phone. I followed the steps in the links below. Whenever I was trying to get register with Huawei site to request code, it was always busy. Could not know if that was genuine site. Each time i was trying to register, registration failed and next time if I try to register with the same email, it says the id was already used. Finally i could not find a correct site/way to request for bootloader code directly from Huawei.

On an another try, it says no support to European user (see screenshot)

Step-1: https://www.dc-unlocker.com/how-to-read-huawei-bootloader-unlock-code

Step-2: https://www.dc-unlocker.com/free-huawei-bootloader-unlock-tutorial

Last edited:

MIKEDROID616

Oct 8, 2010
Hello my Huawei p9 Eva-tl00 chinese has ni 'enable Oem unlock' option on developer options. Any idea? Hate the bloatware and want to install a custom rom thank you for reading

Pond-life

Apr 7, 2011
Is the cost still 4 Euro? Cause it seems to tell me it's 15 credit it wants

/CK

EDIT:

I don't ever get the READ BOOTLOADER CODE and I have 5 credits...

I had that problem. The 15 credits thing is something different. This would be more useful to you if I could recall what I did to get the right thing though. Sorry. Think the phone is in wrong mode.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I just unlocked my Bootloader successfully with the DC unlocker tool and wanted to share the process with you guys. If you live in Europe and tried to get your unlock code directly from Huawei you may have run into some problems ;) but this method works. My P9 is a EVA-L09 (europe single sim version).

Do this at your own risk.

You need this tool: https://www.dc-unlocker.com/ I did it with the most recent version as of now (V1.00.1290) which is the first that supports the P9.

Basically follow the instructions in the tool to get your device connected, it's straightforward. Then you need to make an account and _buy_ credits to read your unlock code. You need 4 credits so it will cost you 4 euro. This sucks, but it's no scam or anything. It works (as I just did it).
    Just log in through the tool with the data provided after making an account and go to Unlocking -->"read bootloader code". Push the button and after a few secs your code appears. WRITE IT DOWN AND/OR COPY IT TO A .txt or something ;)

[e] important: before you unlock/relock your phone or flash a custom recovery make sure that you go to developer settings and tick "enable OEM unlock". Missing this could lead to brick in certain situations, for more info read this article and do additional research.

Once you have the code you can start the unlocking process. This is the same for people that got their unlock code through other methods.
    -Disconnect and power off your P9.
    -Push volume down and connect it to your Computer, when the screen turns on you are in fastboot mode.
    -Open any ADB/Fastboot tool (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2317790 <- i used this) and write:

"fastboot devices"

your device should be detected. Then write:

"fastboot oem unlock XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" )X being the unlock code you got from DC unlocker)

It gives you a warning about warranty etc you have to comply and your bootloader is unlocked. As it warns you on the screen this will do a factory reset.

If you ever want to relock the bootloader put your phone in fastboot mode and type

"fastboot oem relock XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" the bootloader will be relocked but as far as we know it's detectable that it was unlocked before.

Hope this helps, cheers

You need this tool: https://www.dc-unlocker.com/ I did it with the most recent version as of now (V1.00.1290) which is the first that supports the P9.

Basically follow the instructions in the tool to get your device connected, it's straightforward. Then you need to make an account and _buy_ credits to read your unlock code. You need 4 credits so it will cost you 4 euro. This sucks, but it's no scam or anything. It works (as I just did it).
    Just log in through the tool with the data provided after making an account and go to Unlocking -->"read bootloader code". Push the button and after a few secs your code appears. WRITE IT DOWN AND/OR COPY IT TO A .txt or something ;)

Once you have the code you can start the unlocking process. This is the same for people that got their unlock code through other methods.
    -Push volume down and connect it to your Computer, when the screen turns on you are in fastboot mode.
    -Open any ADB/Fastboot tool (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2317790 <- i used this) and write:

"fastboot devices"

"fastboot oem unlock XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" )X being the unlock code you got from DC unlocker)

It gives you a warning about warranty etc you have to comply and your bootloader is unlocked. As it warns you on the screen this will do a factory reset.

If you ever want to relock the bootloader put your phone in fastboot mode and type

"fastboot oem relock XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" the bootloader will be relocked but as far as we know it's detectable that it was unlocked before.

Hope this helps, cheers
    Great to hear that I works!

Are you planning to flash twrp and root it?

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Do this at your own risk.

[e] important: before you unlock/relock your phone or flash a custom recovery make sure that you go to developer settings and tick "enable OEM unlock". Missing this could lead to brick in certain situations, for more info read this article and do additional research.

"fastboot devices"

Hope this helps, cheers

I think this might be redundant, yesterday I contacted Huawei through their customer support form on their international page with my IMEI and S/No, and about 10hrs later got my bootloader unlock code with all the usual warnings about the warranty. I'm currently at work so I can't yet confirm if the code works or not but will update this post in a few hrs when I get home.
    I was genuinely surprised that the person who contacted me via email was actually a finnish customer service agent, not some google translate-bot or anything.
    My device is EVA-L09 and I live in Finland.

I managed today to get my bootloader unlock code via that website for my P9 (EVA-L09) bought from UK (SIM free from Carphone Warehouse).