• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question How to set the default navigation app in Android 12 on a S21U

Search This thread

rodeto

Jul 10, 2014
I updated my Samsung S21 Ultra (G998B) to Android 12 a couple of days ago. After that the default navigation app is set to Google Maps. I tried to figure out how to reset that to Waze but it can not be changed.
Before Android 12 is was just a matter of setting all apps to "not default" and a pop up appeared to ask you what you wanted to use.
But now it seems that you have to fnd the app in Apps and select the option "set as default". You can also choose the links that have to open the app. But when I want to set my default navigation app to Waze things go wrong. For some reason the links do not stay selected and are deselected as soon as I close the window. So there is no way to set the app as default. I already removed Maps but that doesnt help.

I already contacted Waze Support but the only replies I get from them is a simple answer on how to set default apps in Android 11. It seems they do not read questions.

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

rodeto

Jul 10, 2014
Thanks for the reply. Nice app!
But it doesn't work when you want something through a browser. At that point is still goes back to Google Maps, either the app itself or Maps on the internet.