• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

How to solve dm-verity verification failed/need to check drk first on samsung devices

Search This thread

Muthumbi

Aug 1, 2013
Nairobi
Recently, I ran into the same problem and decided to check the interwebs for a solution which turns out to be pretty simple.
To solve the issue;
1. Download official firmware for your device from sammobile
2. Extract your firmware files from the TAR. (delete ext .md5 from file name, then open with 7zip/winrar. unzip)
3. Repack your firmware AFTER deleting cache.img. Instructions
4. Flash the repackaged firmware via ODIN
That's it!

Last edited:

HoodPhonez

Jan 15, 2016
Recently, I ran into the same problem and decided to check the interwebs for a solution which turns out to be pretty simple.
To solve the issue;
2. Extract your firmware files from the TAR. (delete ext .md5 from file name, then open with 7zip/winrar. unzip)
That's it!

I tried this it failed frp lock

Reactions: fawadshah33

Normmo

Jan 2, 2016
To solve the issue;
That's it!

Muthumbi: thank you so much, you are a genius. My n9208 was stuck at Samsung logo forever, no matter what I did, what stock firmware I flash through odin or through Kies, it just couldn't boot, I almost lost my hope. When entered recovery, only thing I noticed was the dm-verity failure, and I tried your way to solve the dm-verity problem only in the dim hope to change something........guess what, it booted, and booted very quickly!!!!, you saved my note 5!, massive thank you:good::good::good:

Last edited:
Reactions: ahmed.og1

Normmo

Jan 2, 2016
Now only one problem: rebooted into system, then entered stock recovery and did factory reset, dm-verity failure happened again. Any definitive solution other than re-flash stock firmware without cache.img? Much appreciated.

Muthumbi

Aug 1, 2013
Nairobi
Muthumbi: thank you so much, you are a genius. My n9208 was stuck at Samsung logo forever, no matter what I did, what stock firmware I flash through odin or through Kies, it just couldn't boot, I almost lost my hope. When entered recovery, only thing I noticed was the dm-verity failure, and I tried your way to solve the dm-verity problem only in the dim hope to change something........guess what, it booted, and booted very quickly!!!!, you saved my note 5!, massive thank you:good::good::good:

Download this file and flash it via odin after fleshing any stock ROM. Tell me how it goes

roei4gs

May 18, 2013
To solve the issue;
That's it!
Please do video I cant do it :good: , I'm a few days without Cell Phones

Nipemic

Nov 24, 2015
G928C...boots to wifi turning on, gets stuck there for a bit then reboots. If i do factory reset, it gets stuck at the boot logo permanently. if i get into recovery again, i get the dm-verity error. any ideas. cant root coz the FRP lock is on.

furious99

Jun 25, 2006
I had this problem and solved it by flashing Galaxy S6 marshmallow Kernel (check if it's compatible with your device e.g. I have a G920F). Then do a erase data/clear cache/reboot.

Last edited:

IMEIRescue

Feb 28, 2016
www.imeirescue.com
Your DRK is damaged. If you will extract the boot.img and system.img from the stock firmware then convert them each to .tar.md5 and flash the system.img then the boot.img it will boot like normal. If you ever update or reset the device it will stick back on the Samsung splash screen until you flash them again. I can repair your DRK as a permanent fix, but it can only be repaired via UART cable which means it cannot be redirected and repaired remotely. You are more than welcome to ship your phone to my business and I will repair the DRK and return it to you, but you must pay return shipping.

Reactions: nyfl2004

Nipemic

Nov 24, 2015
"furious99, you were right, though i hadn't seen your message, i noticed the marshmallow update for iraq for the G928C had been released, downloaded it and flashed the phone. It has been working since. I did a factory reset and it was still fine. so that is the solution.

IMEIRescue

Feb 28, 2016
www.imeirescue.com
To solve the issue;
That's it!

This is only a temporary solution. If you update the firmware or factory reset the phone it will go back to being stuck on the Samsung logo. It can only be permanently fixed via a hardware solution atm.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To solve the issue;
    That's it!
    To solve the issue;
    That's it!

I tried this it failed frp lock
    To solve the issue;
    That's it!

Does your phone boot up?

No just stay on samsung logo.
    No just stay on samsung logo.

You might have to look for a way to undo FAP lock