How to stop EVO from killing programs?

Search This thread

marvinlh

Oct 28, 2009
New Orleans
I know I've read somewhere that when a program uses too much memory that it is automatically killed, but at times I may have something downloading(for example, a Mod downloading in dolphin browser) if I navigate away from dolphin browser and come right back, the file that I was downloading would fail..is there a way to prevent this besides staying in dolphin browser until the download is complete?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

bkrodgers

Nov 27, 2007
What ROM are you using? The Sense 2.1/3.0 hybrids and full 3.0 ROMs may not leave much RAM left, especially if you've got a few things installed that run in the background as services. You can try to reduce what's running in the background, but the ROM itself doesn't leave a whole lot to play with. It may work well for what you're doing in the foreground, but you need more RAM headroom than Sense 2.1 or 3.0 leaves us on our phone if you're going to multitask much.

marvinlh

Oct 28, 2009
New Orleans
What ROM are you using? The Sense 2.1/3.0 hybrids and full 3.0 ROMs may not leave much RAM left, especially if you've got a few things installed that run in the background as services. You can try to reduce what's running in the background, but the ROM itself doesn't leave a whole lot to play with. It may work well for what you're doing in the foreground, but you need more RAM headroom than Sense 2.1 or 3.0 leaves us on our phone if you're going to multitask much.

I am using Synergy RC2 and That may very well be the problem because I see it says I have little available room for system Rom, but is there a way around this?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1312366549741.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1312366549741.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

wfrandy

Jun 9, 2010
Reno
I am running Fresh 4.2.0.0 and have 120 MB free system and have the same problem. Researching it, I am led to understand that Gingerbread is more aggressive at killing background apps than Froyo was. Unfortunately, I haven't found or even heard of a fix for it yet. Very annoying when Sense has to reload when exiting other apps because it was shut down in the background.

sitlet

Mar 30, 2008
I am using Synergy RC2 and That may very well be the problem because I see it says I have little available room for system Rom, but is there a way around this?

Not with that rom. That's the one downfall of that rom, it takes almost all of your memory.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone