Question How to stop watch from updating automatically?

Search This thread

shank1524

May 27, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 3
OnePlus 6
So as the title suggests, I want to stop my watch from updating automatically, everytime I connect my watch or phone to wifi, it starts downloading the update. Is there a way to stop this? by removing any of the packages or anything?

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
You can't remove any of the Wearables apps.
Try Firewall blocking this app:
Screenshot_20221129-015250_Karma FW.jpg

edwardob

Feb 8, 2009
So as the title suggests, I want to stop my watch from updating automatically, everytime I connect my watch or phone to wifi, it starts downloading the update. Is there a way to stop this? by removing any of the packages or anything?
go to play store app on watch...scroll all the way to bottom... you'll see settings... open.... then choose auto update or not... there are 2 settings

for phone software go to wear app watch settings... watch software update... choose your preference

shank1524

May 27, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 3
OnePlus 6
go to play store app on watch...scroll all the way to bottom... you'll see settings... open.... then choose auto update or not... there are 2 settings

for phone software go to wear app watch settings... watch software update... choose your preference
My issue is with the software update and when I go to the "Watch software update" option in wear settings, all I see is the "Downloading Update" screen and no view for me to change the preferences

edwardob

Feb 8, 2009
My issue is with the software update and when I go to the "Watch software update" option in wear settings, all I see is the "Downloading Update" screen and no view for me to change the preferences
mmmmm.... reboot....or reset maybe
if power saving mode is on turn it off and see if download can be finished or you can turn it off

smithy101001

Oct 26, 2014
I blocked the update server "dms.ospserver.net" on my network to stop automatic updates. Not sure if this is the same server used for all models/regions though.

If you want to disable updates via the adb route i have read from others that it would be the 2 packages below, but cannot personally confirm:
"adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.sec.android.soagent"
"adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.wssyncmldm

Reactions: shank1524

shank1524

May 27, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 3
OnePlus 6
I blocked the update server "dms.ospserver.net" on my network to stop automatic updates. Not sure if this is the same server used for all models/regions though.

If you want to disable updates via the adb route i have read from others that it would be the 2 packages below, but cannot personally confirm:
Thank you so much!!! disabling the packages did the trick!
I even tried to trigger the update manually but the whole "Software update" section doesn't seem to open once the packages are disabled, both in phone as well as watch, so seems like this did the trick.
Thank you again!

Edit: I'll test it out for a few days and check if it somehow enables itself or not (like what windows does) and if it doesn't, then I'll mark this thread as SOLVED.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Remotely disable software update app with adbappcontrol