• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

How to supercharge Jelly Bean?

Search This thread

jaymazz13

Apr 5, 2012
I've been trying to supercharge my galaxy nexus but with it now on jelly bean it is a real pain. I followed zeps way but still can't get 100% only 50%, i think the one thing I am missing is patching the service jar files but i'm new to this and can't figure out what i'm doing wrong. Is there a way to get a total breakdown of what to do, usually with instructions I can figure it out buts I'm still confused after reading Zeps thread. Any help is always appreciated thank you

sert00

May 28, 2011
cesena,IT
did it yesyerday night,easy way,download the auto-patcher from HERE and you have 100%.let me say how it goes!it's more easy with that patcher,instead of do it manually like i did me before i found that tool...lol;)
Anyways i have a question.it's the first time i try this on gnex,did you tied this before this time?if yes,on ics i think,right?i'm curious to see if there are improvements or only placebo effect.for now,have better multitasking and i can open more apps than before..but i have yet to see better if it's usefull or not..because i change rom very often and all the time do always this steps..also if it's more easy with the patcher it's a hassle

Last edited:

jaymazz13

Apr 5, 2012
did it yesyerday night,easy way,download the auto-patcher from HERE and you have 100%.let me say how it goes!it's more easy with that patcher,instead of do it manually like i did me before i found that tool...lol;)
Anyways i have a question.it's the first time i try this on gnex,did you tied this before this time?if yes,on ics i think,right?i'm curious to see if there are improvements or only placebo effect.for now,have better multitasking and i can open more apps than before..but i have yet to see better if it's usefull or not..because i change rom very often and all the time do always this steps..also if it's more easy with the patcher it's a hassle

I did supercharge ICS and that was easy, I will try to supercharge JB to see if there are any improvements on my end but I had the LG Revo before the Nexus on Gingerbread and the supercharger made that so much faster, I'm usually not multi tasking but I just want my device to be as fast as I can make it and yes I also am a flashaholic lol

Nephilim

Aug 16, 2010
Milwaukee
Any of you guys have strange issues with the softkeys on your navbar when using supercharger on Gnex? I had no issues whatsoever on my last two devices but now on the gnex right after I reboot with the patched services.jar my phone either starts with the "back" and "home" buttons already visible on the lockscreen but the "recents" button is completely gone (they are supposed to not be visible until you unlock the device), or no buttons show up at all on the navbar, in both instances I can still tap the navbar where the softkeys should be and get a response but the softkeys themselves just aren't there. Sometimes the 4G/Radio icon in the notification bar does not show up until you pull down the notification menu either. I am using ParanoidAndroid so it might just be an issue with v6 related to that particular rom. I do know it's the script though because when I return the original unpatched services.jar to the /system/app/ and reboot everything looks fine again.

jaymazz13

Apr 5, 2012
Any of you guys have strange issues with the softkeys on your navbar when using supercharger on Gnex? I had no issues whatsoever on my last two devices but now on the gnex right after I reboot with the patched services.jar my phone either starts with the "back" and "home" buttons already visible on the lockscreen but the "recents" button is completely gone (they are supposed to not be visible until you unlock the device), or no buttons show up at all on the navbar, in both instances I can still tap the navbar where the softkeys should be and get a response but the softkeys themselves just aren't there. Sometimes the 4G/Radio icon in the notification bar does not show up until you pull down the notification menu either. I am using ParanoidAndroid so it might just be an issue with v6 related to that particular rom. I do know it's the script though because when I return the original unpatched services.jar to the /system/app/ and reboot everything looks fine again.

I haven't had any issues with that but sometimes when I reboot I can see my Homepage and apps behind the lockscreen before I unlock and also sometimes when I reboot there is no signal so 3g or 4g so I need to reboot again. This is my first attempt at patching the services.jar on the any device so I will give a trial run and see if I will continue, so far I'm eating more battery and not getting much better performance if at all. I'm not familar with ParanoidAndroid but I'm sure you checked your nav button settings but not sure what the problem is.

dannejanne

Mar 23, 2011
Norrköping, Sweden
I tried to install it once on JB with the automated script but it would not replace my services.jar so it did not get installed. I had redraws with the Trebuchet launcher but not since I installed Apex launcher so I have not given this script a second thought.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Supercharged 100%!!! will ride this out for a while and see if i see any improvement, I will keep you informed