• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How to switch from China version to global?

Search This thread

cfds

Too expensive, not worth it.
If i spend that much, itll be on unlockable & rootable phones from samsung or xiaomi.
its stupidly arrogant of huawei to permanently lock the bootloader.
Im happy to see them fail.

Too expensive, if you buy new I agree but look for a used phone. I bought mine (international model) 30% under the official selling price, a 2nd hand but in pristine condition. You need luck though to find them.
But don't you think that a smartphone, Samsung, Apple and Huawei are worth their money? I bought a pristine Samsung note 9 for 1/3 of its official price and this for a phone who got released in August 2018. Just look how the prices of the Note 10 are dropping...
This whole smartphone thing is over hyped...comparing the Note 9 with the Mate 30 Pro, battery life is day and night different. Camera, low light is great on the Mate and bad on the Note 9. But the note takes also stunning pictures during normal conditions and is better in close up pictures, a point I find the mate 30 is lacking. In all the Note 9 holds up very well against the Mate 30 Pro.
You complain about Huawei locking the bootloader, what about people buying a S20 ultra and get a inferior model with the Exynos 990 for the same price as the Snapdragon 865...

Last edited:
Reactions: PhoneTechShop

PhoneTechShop

Feb 7, 2019
If i spend that much, itll be on unlockable & rootable phones from samsung or xiaomi.
Not expensive at all u need to know where to get it...
Am pretty sure u know whats Facebook marketplace ;):good:

---------- Post added at 19:15 ---------- Previous post was at 19:14 ----------

Too expensive, if you buy new I agree but look for a used phone. I bought mine (international model) 30% under the official selling price, a 2nd hand but in pristine condition. You need luck though to find them.
But don't you think that a smartphone, Samsung, Apple and Huawei are worth their money? I bought a pristine Samsung note 9 for 1/3 of its official price and this for a phone who got released in August 2018. Just look how the prices of the Note 10 are dropping...
This whole smartphone thing is over hyped...comparing the Note 9 with the Mate 30 Pro, battery life is day and night different. Camera, low light is great on the Mate and bad on the Note 9. But the note takes also stunning pictures during normal conditions and is better in close up pictures, a point I find the mate 30 is lacking. In all the Note 9 holds up very well against the Mate 30 Pro.
You complain about Huawei locking the bootloader, what about people buying a S20 ultra and get a inferior model with the Exynos 990 for the same price as the Snapdragon 865...
Exactly one person (with me) know the situation

no way to unlock bootloader 😔 i believe it will softbrick the device as someone on another thread tried with it failing to boot and throwing incompatible error
I have thoughts about this issue also will end up flashing all over again and recovering from backup. Wanna puke.

Few of my Malaysian mates did it successfully by paying some Chinese dude online and remotely help them to bypass the bootloader and flashed the CN firmware for them to up hmos.

o012

I have thoughts about this issue also will end up flashing all over again and recovering from backup. Wanna puke.

Few of my Malaysian mates did it successfully by paying some Chinese dude online and remotely help them to bypass the bootloader and flashed the CN firmware for them to up hmos.
pm sent. thats pretty interesting, I've been in a few bootloader groups looking for ways to accomplish this, i honestly dont mind either way but wish they let the customization flow 😵🥺 would give their products so much more longevity. its htc all over again.

Reactions: justjey

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    absolutely not installed android 10 few months ago and camera is TOTAL CRAP
    some ridiculously massive title when switching btw camera ,video ,etc video recording so bad quality lack of settings now
    camera blurry
    android 9 emui 9 was much much better camera ! it is only in your mind u think u have some update and u think automatically it must be better
    but it is not ... am on mate 20

What are you on about?

This is a mate 30 forum. This phone never even had emui 9?

With each firmware update re mate 30 pro there's been a obvious improvement with its photo quality. I can't speak for the mate 20 pro??
    some ridiculously massive title when switching btw camera ,video ,etc video recording so bad quality lack of settings now
    camera blurry
    android 9 emui 9 was much much better camera ! it is only in your mind u think u have some update and u think automatically it must be better

Instead of shouting at us read properly, you are in the MATE 30 PRO section, go and vent your frustrations in the proper section.
    And as for your complaint, I had - my wife has it now, a mate 20 Pro which came with android 9 and with each update that phone got better. Update to Android 10 whent flawless so it looks like you have a defective device.
    Its all relative...how high are your expectations and in how far do you believe all the you tube reviews on new phones?
    Huawei does like Samsung and Apple a good marketing with the aim of you believing them and buying their devices and this every year.
    I had a Mate 9, Mate 10, Mate 20pro and now the Mate 30pro and the only one which I was not happy with camera wise was the Mate 10. The pictures from that phone looked often like oil paintings. I disagree about the Mate 20pro, it improved after upgrading to android 10 and its camera was - is good. Cannot judge the P30pro.
    I do agree that some people will never be satisfied and always find excuses to complain, I am sure that these people have nothing better to do than complaining. These people should understand that if you want to take good pictures you buy a proper camera and not a phone with a camera but then we talking again about expectations.
    camera blurry

bUD, i HAVE THE CHINESE VERSION.
    I also want to switch the European version, because i dont like the huawei launcher as my default launcher...
    but i have to tell you that the camera is fantastic on this chinese version.. almost perffect. i dont even care about cameras, but this one i tried in the night downtown and it was shockingly good