How to switch keyboards?

Search This thread

DBuffon

Oct 8, 2019
Parma
Hello everyone,
since upgrading to Android 11, the bottom right button that used to switch keyboards has been replaced by this:

Screenshot_20210606-155905.png

Which is useless (tapping on it does nothing).
How to get the "switch keyboards" button back?
Or, alternatively, how to switch keyboards, considering that the notification has disappeared too?
Thank you!

wetito

Dec 12, 2014
reggio emilia
Xiaomi Mi A3
ah ok!!!! control in your settings if you have activated an accessibily function... i don't remember exactly the name... is like quick access bar... or similar

Ksawery

Feb 17, 2014
I think this is the Ampliation shorcut in the accessibility menu. You can dissable it.

Last edited:

DBuffon

Oct 8, 2019
Parma

wetito

Dec 12, 2014
reggio emilia
Xiaomi Mi A3
But see that function in stock rom. It enable a sort off quick access menú. After this the keyboard icon change to accessibility icon to access it. Maybe this can help you... When i have tried it in stock rom, i saw the icon you mentioned. Sorry for my english. I'm italian and somethines when i wtote, i do some mistakes

DBuffon

Oct 8, 2019
Parma
No. I'm translating. It's in accessibility menu over the screen section.
Try to search Magnification.

Magnification is disabled.
Everything in the accessibility settings is disabled except a few apps which I gave permission to draw over other apps.

But see that function in stock rom. It enable a sort off quick access menú. After this the keyboard icon change to accessibility icon to access it. Maybe this can help you... When i have tried it in stock rom, i saw the icon you mentioned. Sorry for my english. I'm italian and somethines when i wtote, i do some mistakes

I'm italian too, if you want to write in italian that's OK for me :)
Like I said above, nothing is enabled in the accessibility menu :(

(non ho abilitato nulla nella sezione Accessibilità, tranne qualche app alla quale ho dovuto concedere il permesso di sovrapporsi alle altre, perché era necessario al loro funzionamento)

wetito

Dec 12, 2014
reggio emilia
Xiaomi Mi A3
Strano... Quell'icona sembra si riferisca proprio a un funzione di accessibilità. Hai provato a cancellare i dati del Launcher? Nell'elenco delle app lo trovi come trebuchet

wetito

Dec 12, 2014
reggio emilia
Xiaomi Mi A3
Ok... Now is better speack english... You had to Remember when this button appear... After an update .. an app installation .. you can also try to delete data of launchers... Change di navigation mode from 2 to 3... Or .. i'm afraid... Hard reset. Good luck

DBuffon

Oct 8, 2019
Parma
The button appeared after the upgrade to Android 11. I changed navigation mode to 3 buttons and it does nothing. The button disappeared only when setting gestures navigation, but I really don't like it (I lose too many shortcuts in many apps). I will try deleting data of the launchers, although I simply suspect this is a bug in Android 11 :(

rony raj

May 1, 2016
N0WH3R3 1N S9A)E
The button appeared after the upgrade to Android 11. I changed navigation mode to 3 buttons and it does nothing. The button disappeared only when setting gestures navigation, but I really don't like it (I lose too many shortcuts in many apps). I will try deleting data of the launchers, although I simply suspect this is a bug in Android 11 :(
try to change it from settings
search for language input

DBuffon

Oct 8, 2019
Parma
Yes, I can change it from there, but it's very uncomfortable with many steps to be taken.
There used to be the "change keyboard" button in the buttons bar, and a notification to be clicked to change keyboards. Now there is nothing anymore.
How is this an improvement?

rony raj

May 1, 2016
N0WH3R3 1N S9A)E
Yes, I can change it from there, but it's very uncomfortable with many steps to be taken.
There used to be the "change keyboard" button in the buttons bar, and a notification to be clicked to change keyboards. Now there is nothing anymore.
How is this an improvement?
its developers fault they remove this feature in A11
have you unlock your bootloader yet ??