How to sync Strava data from my watch?

Search This thread

Nix_uk

Jul 13, 2017
Hi all, I am a newbie to android wear.
Got a Huawei Watch 2 from China, the Bluetooth version.
I want to use it mainly for tracking my runs.
Most runners use Strava and they do have a version for Android watch as well. I have it installed.
But the problem now I face is, where does the recorded data go?
the whole point of getting this watch is that I don't have to carry my phone with me when I run anymore.
I have tried it a few times. I would start the Strava app on my phone, wait for it to finds GPS signal and press start. then I went for my run. when I was finished I pressed the stop button and I could see a summary of this workout.

Then when I got back to my phone and switched Bluetooth on and connected it to my watch. Data seems to have been synced but I could only see this workout in Huawei Health app, not in Strava. it's really frustrating. Could anyone let me know what I am doing wrong?

jamina1

Nov 10, 2010
Kalamazoo
I'm not sure how to get the Strava app working, but I've used a different app called Ghostracer that records gps and HR during workout and syncs with several other online services like Strava, Smashrun, and Runkeeper all at once. I like it because it's simple and it also allows you to customize the display while you're working out (for both running and cycling)

Reactions: strekib

glenn0369

Oct 20, 2015
I have Strava app on my watch and on my phone. When you go out for your run, wait for the GPS signal to turn white then off you go. Once you are back in range of your phone, it will automatically sync to the Strava app on your phone. To double check this, swipe down on your watch and flick to the left until you see the sync option. It will let you know if any sessions are left pending.

Hope this helps.

spenstberg

Feb 2, 2015
Yes, It is very sad that you can not export the training data from huawei training. I have now set up a training program on huawei health for 5000 m running and it works fine. I use endomondo for my training data, so I have to manually write in my running routes in endomondo after each training. When I am running I also play music on the watch via google music on the speaker on the watch. Works pretty fine and I can still hear the surround sound because I do not wear headphones...

ldmelo

Mar 18, 2007
Yes, It is very sad that you can not export the training data from huawei training. I have now set up a training program on huawei health for 5000 m running and it works fine. I use endomondo for my training data, so I have to manually write in my running routes in endomondo after each training. When I am running I also play music on the watch via google music on the speaker on the watch. Works pretty fine and I can still hear the surround sound because I do not wear headphones...

Same problem here... I wanted to follow a huawei health training plan, but I also wanted my runs to upload to strava.. The solution I found is very simple: I use both apps to track my runs.. I start the tracking in strava (or ghostracer) and then I switch to the default app and start the tracking for my traning plan. I think you can do the same with endomondo. If you can't, just have some other app to auto-transfer the exercises from strava to endomondo (syncmytracks or tapiriik).

spenstberg

Feb 2, 2015
Same problem here... I wanted to follow a huawei health training plan, but I also wanted my runs to upload to strava.. The solution I found is very simple: I use both apps to track my runs.. I start the tracking in strava (or ghostracer) and then I switch to the default app and start the tracking for my traning plan. I think you can do the same with endomondo. If you can't, just have some other app to auto-transfer the exercises from strava to endomondo (syncmytracks or tapiriik).

Yeah, that is a clever solution. Will the battery drain be much more if you run 2 apps att the same time to track your runs?
Yesterday I tried strava and "syncmytracks" to endomondo. Works fine. The endomondo app is not yet optimsed for android 2.0. A nice thing with the strava app is that the push button on the watch works to start and stop a run as it works in the huawei heath app.
Huawei heath app can export to google fit but I am not sure if it's only fitness data and not activites as run you track with the huawei heath app. I tried to record a run on the huwei and the used the app "synkmytracks" to synk google fit with endomodo but it doesnt seam to work.

skovv

Feb 4, 2021
I did everything according to the instructions, but when I register with Huawei for health and choose the country of Singapore, I receive information about a redirection to my country

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not sure how to get the Strava app working, but I've used a different app called Ghostracer that records gps and HR during workout and syncs with several other online services like Strava, Smashrun, and Runkeeper all at once. I like it because it's simple and it also allows you to customize the display while you're working out (for both running and cycling)