[HOW to] T-Mobile Tethering

Search This thread

Bierce22

Nov 10, 2010
canton ga
Hey im thinking about switching to tmobile can you tether using a cyanogen rom or something without having to use pda net im asking because i mainly use linux

sazechman

Aug 8, 2015
Northampton
still does not work

Just got the phone today, had an L90 prior that I totally freakin bricked and I hated it anyway, so I got the G4. Anyway, any way to get unlimited tether running yet? If so, can some one point me in the right direction or list the steps that are being used.

I'd highly appreciate it.

Thank you very much in advance.

Edit:
Seem to have found the working combo. It requires either FoxFi paid version or PDANet however.

1) Create new APN with a name of your choosing

APN: fast.t-mobile.com
MMSC:
MCC: 310
MNC: 260
APN Type: default,supl,mms,dun
APN ProtocolL: IPv4
2) Make sure either FoxFi/PDANet is installed on both phone and computer and activate USB tethering. Make sure "Hide Tethering Usage" is activated on computer.
3) Profit

Some people have had problems when the "Use Google DNS" settings are enabled, you might try turning those off.
Currently I've maxed out my wifi tethering limit, but using this method via USB I was able to continue on, streamed an episode of Game of Thrones last night from the TVGo Xfinity Site.

Try it out.
I tried all of this with the exception of spending the money for the app. Tried all levels of hide tethering usage and it still registers my usage. What does step 3 Profit mean? perhaps that is what I am missing

snoz0r

Nov 19, 2011
Plainfield
Profit = Success

Unfortunately beyond what I've posted here I'm not sure what the issue is. In fact I'm still using this method with no problems.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

llaugerm

Nov 23, 2008
New York
Profit = Success

Unfortunately beyond what I've posted here I'm not sure what the issue is. In fact I'm still using this method with no problems.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

I have an android head unit on my car which can use WIFI. Have you guys found to do unlimited tethering via WiFI without the need of USB tethering. I have T-Moibile. I want to use my phone as a hot spot.

snoz0r

Nov 19, 2011
Plainfield
I have an android head unit on my car which can use WIFI. Have you guys found to do unlimited tethering via WiFI without the need of USB tethering. I have T-Moibile. I want to use my phone as a hot spot.
On lollipop I was using WiFi tether router with success. I haven't tried it since recently upgrading to Marshmallow.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Reactions: llaugerm

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just got the phone today, had an L90 prior that I totally freakin bricked and I hated it anyway, so I got the G4. Anyway, any way to get unlimited tether running yet? If so, can some one point me in the right direction or list the steps that are being used.

I'd highly appreciate it.

Thank you very much in advance.

Edit:
    Seem to have found the working combo. It requires either FoxFi paid version or PDANet however.

1) Create new APN with a name of your choosing

APN: fast.t-mobile.com
    MMSC: http://mms.msg-eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 260
    APN Type: default,supl,mms,dun
    APN ProtocolL: IPv4
    2) Make sure either FoxFi/PDANet is installed on both phone and computer and activate USB tethering. Make sure "Hide Tethering Usage" is activated on computer.
    3) Profit

Some people have had problems when the "Use Google DNS" settings are enabled, you might try turning those off.
    Currently I've maxed out my wifi tethering limit, but using this method via USB I was able to continue on, streamed an episode of Game of Thrones last night from the TVGo Xfinity Site.

Try it out.
    Original post has been updated with settings for USB tethering.

Glad you got it working, man!

In case people are still have connection problems after disabling Google dns, try installing the legacy drivers and then disabling Google dns.

This was the only way I got it working for me on windows 8.1.

Sent from my LG-H811 using XDA Free mobile app
    On lollipop I was using WiFi tether router with success. I haven't tried it since recently upgrading to Marshmallow.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk