How to tell if i unlocked my bootloader on lg p769

Search This thread

pisherthefisher

Jan 1, 2012
Get into software upgrade mode. Turn the phone off. Plug the phone into your computer, and hold volume up and down (might be another combination like volume up and home. Keep trying.)

If the bootloader is unlocked, it should say Bootloader unlocked on the top left of the screen. If not, it will say nothing.

kuma82

Jan 19, 2012
Houston
Yeah it does, just type it in and scroll down then you hit the bootloader and you will be able ti see if your bootloader is unlocked or not. It won't unlock the bootloader but you can see if its locked or not.

Sent from my LG-P769 using xda app-developers app

No, that does not work (well on some roms, with the proper u-boot it will). The best way to check is putting phone in s/w upgrade mode. If it's unlocked (and on a V20F, V20H or a unlockable jellybean U-boot) it will say Unlocked Bootloader.

Reactions: Nathan.7118391

Nathan.7118391

Jul 30, 2012
Arlington
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 9 Pro
No, that does not work (well on some roms, with the proper u-boot it will). The best way to check is putting phone in s/w upgrade mode. If it's unlocked (and on a V20F, V20H or a unlockable jellybean U-boot) it will say Unlocked Bootloader.

Did not know that, I usually just dial and check. Thanks kuma and Carlos!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Or just dial 3845#*769# and scroll all the way down, hit bootloader unlock check then click the button, too easy

Or just dial 3845#*769# and scroll all the way down, hit bootloader unlock check then click the button, too easy

That won't work...

-Sent From My Unlocked Optimus L9
    Yeah it does, just type it in and scroll down then you hit the bootloader and you will be able ti see if your bootloader is unlocked or not. It won't unlock the bootloader but you can see if its locked or not.