• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

How to tell if replacement Note 7 with no green battery update

Search This thread

kidbuu4066

Nov 8, 2016
I know I'm a bit late to the party, but..

I've recently had a Samsung Note 7 come into my possession and am wanting to push it to the limit to see if I can replicate any of the supposed "explosions" that were happening to others in the news (it is a safe lab-like environment, don't worry).

This Note 7 has never been connected to any network and given the chance to be forcefully updated to the 60% cap (and by extension, does not have the green battery icon). I have the original box the device came with, however there are no square or blue 'S' markings on them which makes me think that it is an original, but I want to be sure. Samsung has taken down the IMEI Check site in favor of replacing it with its recall page so I cannot check there for this info.

So, I am now wondering if there are any ways of identifying if a Note 7 unit is a replacement or not without the IMEI site or the green battery icon? Any help with this is extremely appreciated!

Last edited:

rafeba

Sep 2, 2011
Hamilton
I know I'm a bit late to the party, but..

I've recently had a Samsung Note 7 come into my possession and am wanting to push it to the limit to see if I can replicate any of the supposed "explosions" that were happening to others in the news (it is a safe lab-like environment, don't worry).

This Note 7 has never been connected to any network and given the chance to be forcefully updated to the 60% cap (and by extension, does not have the green battery icon). I have the original box the device came with, however there are no square or blue 'S' markings on them which makes me think that it is an original, but I want to be sure. Samsung has taken down the IMEI Check site in favor of replacing it with its recall page so I cannot check there for this info.

So, I am now wondering if there are any ways of identifying if a Note 7 unit is a replacement or not without the IMEI site or the green battery icon? Any help with this is extremely appreciated!
The green battery you can find it only in a replacement unit. If the box doesn't have the square mark or the S mark it mean is the original unit. Just turn on the phone and if you find the green battery is the replacement. If not is the original one.

Sent from my SM-N930W8 using Tapatalk