• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

How to turn off Camera Shutter sound

Search This thread

androidsc

Apr 1, 2012
Columbia
US, T-Mobile, 955U

Camera, Settings, all the way at the bottom.

Or search for "shutter"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170510-082812.png
    Screenshot_20170510-082812.png
    202.8 KB · Views: 15,192

jjayzx

Apr 14, 2011
Don't see what the deal is with shutter sound. I've seen threads on all sorts asking how to turn it off and it creeps me out. The only reason I see for disabling the sound is to take pictures without others knowing.

Reactions: GTCC

leaderbuilder

Don't see what the deal is with shutter sound. I've seen threads on all sorts asking how to turn it off and it creeps me out. The only reason I see for disabling the sound is to take pictures without others knowing.

OR...
You are trying to take pictures at your child's recital and do not wish to have your constant shutter messing things up for everyone.
OR..
you are in a business meeting and taking pictures of the whiteboard and/or presentation and also don't want to the 'that guy' with his camera making noises.

s327374

Feb 11, 2011
Beijing
You beauty! the Chinese SM-GN9550 6+128 has this setting in the camera settings. Awesomeness!

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

Yeah, I was trying to take a picture at work today during a presentation...
Bloody annoying camera sound that I hadn't really worried about before was so annoying I had to stop taking a few photos that would have been really handy to have. Anyway, I'm glad the sound can be turned off on mine. Woot! Sorry for those of you who live in countries with Photo Freaks... :p

OR...
You are trying to take pictures at your child's recital and do not wish to have your constant shutter messing things up for everyone.
OR..
you are in a business meeting and taking pictures of the whiteboard and/or presentation and also don't want to the 'that guy' with his camera making noises.

Cyclops1055

Oct 19, 2011
Mississauga
OR...
OR..

In both of those cases, why not just put the phone on silent, then there's no shutter sound when taking pictures.

Reactions: GTCC

themissionimpossible

May 12, 2008
Reactions: Septaric

luckdog

Nov 22, 2009
What's weird is on my unlocked S8+ US version I have no option to turn off the shutter sound in camera settings but on my wife's T-Mobile S8+ that I picked up for her today there is an option in camera settings. Both are on the latest builds.

I have the exact same problem. The only difference for me is I am on the Bixby beta and I believe that is where I lost the shutter sound as many apps were updated after that. Unfortunately I am not seeing a way to opt out of the beta. My reason for wanting the shutter sound gone is because my dog is a total weirdo and doesn't like certain sounds including the shutter sound, he just goes nuts.

Are you on the Bixby beta by chance?

sonhy

Apr 23, 2006
yeah you gotta be a weirdo creep to silence your shutter...!! i always turn up the volume when taking pictures of the dark side of my moon at work :p

Reactions: Tonesav

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

OR...
    OR..
    I don't have the Shutter sound option in Camera.
    Bixby doesn't do it.
    Googled and found a solution in another forum
    When pressing the volume button and expanding, I get 4 volume controls. One of them is System. I turned System all the way down. Now no Camera Sound. Guessing it's a systemwide volume control for things like charging sound, Camera and whatever else has a system sound, maybe wireless charging).
    Hello,
    Simply go in system/media/audio/ui and rename "shutter.ogg" in "shutter.bak".
    Done ;)
    I have a working solution for S8s which don't have Shutter Sound option in camera settings. Probably works on other Samsung devices too. Your phone needs root access.

Go to Root, System, OMC, Your Phone's CSC folder
    (i.e. Mine is an Indian variant. CSC is "INS")

Inside that folder, you can find a file,

"cscfeature.xml"

Use a text editor to open it.

Add this line of code.

<CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>true</CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>

Save it. Reboot your phone. Now you can find shutter sound toggle option under camera settings.

You can thank me later. Go and do it now. :D