how to unbrick a pixel 4a anyone need help

Search This thread

miko12312

Sep 11, 2009
Google Pixel 4a
Google Pixel 6
flashed from graphene os and back to stock during stock flashing something failed and gives me a black screen and goesinto the screenshot provided

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    473.1 KB · Views: 457

EngineerMind

May 5, 2007
You can try to go through the applicable steps in this guide:

Like installing the USB drivers, and SDK platform tools.

Then put the phone in fastboot mode and download an image from google and do a "flash-all.bat"

miko12312

Sep 11, 2009
Google Pixel 4a
Google Pixel 6
You can try to go through the applicable steps in this guide:

Like installing the USB drivers, and SDK platform tools.

Then put the phone in fastboot mode and download an image from google and do a "flash-all.bat"
it wont work , that is what caused the issue, there is no adb or fasboot commands as the phone has nothing to load or read, it was flashing the official latest stock firmware using the flash-all.bat, then after the first rebbot and waiting for devices it goes to a black screen and shows what i put in the screen shot,(i believe the battery died during flashing) there is two modes it goes into the qusb which is the qualcomm download mode and some other mode i cant tell neither can the pc device find drivers to read the phone, techinically this phone is not fixable using normal methods , but i believe there is a way to flash to firmware back on,i have looked into using edl and qspt flashing but it still doesnt read the phone, any help would be greatful i have device protection but they are sending me a refurbished phone i would rather try to fix this before i do get the replacement, as it was a new and working device

miko12312

Sep 11, 2009
Google Pixel 4a
Google Pixel 6
i have been able to find a working qualcomm driver is there anyway to edl or msm file for the pixel 4a to fix this, now that the phone is being read properly it should be able to take commands as it is reconized as a modem driver or port

Attachments

• Untitled1.png
    Untitled1.png
    511 KB · Views: 177

g0t.milkk

Jan 21, 2016
Compiègne
I'd like to help by dumping the required files, I didn't know anything about EDL before doing research for this thread, but as I understand using EDL mode require a device-specific non-free "loader".

I'm trying to use B. Kerler's EDL tool (https://github.com/bkerler/edl) but fail because it doesn't have the proper loader file in its database.

If anyone come across the loader for the Pixel 4a (000e60e10066000a_3ef72a02fb931be1_fhprg.bin), I'd be happy to share boot and memory dump from my phone.

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Samsung Galaxy S10
Older thread I know, but I've used EDL mode (on LG phones) to save partitions and write partitions.

But you have to have a 'programmer file' for the specific device for it to work. Aka a 'firehose' file for the specific device / chip.

Some mfg's make this available, some don't. Google does not. So, even having the file(s) you want to flash won't help, not if you don't have the firehose file.

sorry, cheers

mizzunet

Dec 14, 2015
Kariparambu
mizzunet.co.nf
@hammered58 Gladly, I was able to get it back. I was trying to relock bootloader with custom ROM. But failed.

Reactions: hammered58

hammered58

@hammered58 Gladly, I was able to get it back. I was trying to relock bootloader with custom ROM. But failed.
Glad u got it going, the only time I relock is when I sell the phone, otherwise I have no need as all my apps work with unlocked

Top Liked Posts