How to unbrick hard-brick Galaxy devices

Search This thread

shreyasharusia

Jan 26, 2011
Gwalior
If your phone doesn’t boot into download mode and you have a black screen after flashing froyo heres how you unbrick it, it worked for me.

Step 1 – Prepare odin with the firmware u want to flash and get it ready to go;

Step 2 – Remove battery, SIM and SD card, next connect your galaxy to the computer;

Step 3 – Hold Volume down + Power + Home button at the same time;

Step 4 – Insert the battery and wait a bit;

Step 5 – At this point Odin should have detected your galaxy ( Yellow rectangle should appear in your odin );

Step 6 – Click Start button in Odin and wait about 5 min.

If all goes well it should come back to life.

If You Find My Post useful click thanks.

mikko96

Mar 9, 2011
Savonlinna
Are you sure about this? Ive heard that black screen=trashed bootloader=need Riffbox to resurrect . I dont belive that you are cheating people here,its awesome if this works! :)

Reactions: slayerwarlove

mathijs727

Oct 29, 2010
Badhoevedorp
Maybe some1 can hardbrick his/her phone so we can test it ;)
I don't think this works when your bootloader is damaged.
That's the one that makes you boot into download-mode when you hold the 3-btn combo.

Shanakin

Aug 8, 2010
This works because it wasn't actually a hard brick (in that the bootloaders are damaged) and step 5 proves this (Odin would find nothing to communicate with). It's not common, but having download mode and recovery not work at first does happen at times.

Which is why the first recommendation someone who reports a bricked phone without download mode is to remove the battery for a period of time before replacing it and trying it again, which often fixes it in such cases.

I believe the act of removing the battery in your steps likely did the same thing with the rest being largely unnecessary/placebo.

shreyasharusia

Jan 26, 2011
Gwalior
This work with my galaxy 3. 4 days ago a flashed the galaxy fit rom on my galaxy 3.

Whoa my phone bricked i can go in to download mode via 3 button combo.

Then I removed the battery ,sim,sd card.Then reinserted it but not battery .

then i keep pressing the both volume button and connected my phone to pc and ready the odin and then reinserted the battery.Then i was shocked that odin detected the phone but i cant see the download screen.then i start odin.it started and then i wait till it says pass .when it says pass my phone was back to life.Now i am having the access the download mode also .

ptyo

Oct 6, 2011
this isnt working!!!!!!........................................................tried with odin ...but nothing happened ...it stucks at setup connection and thats all..plzz help.......................this rom manager also bricked my gfit!!...

spamtrash

Nov 9, 2008
Krasnoyarsk
Bad, bad, bad rom manager. Have you punished it? Ugly rom manager, jumped into your phone without your knowledge, awful.
now buy the jig from eBay, and submit invoice to this guy, who put ROM manager on your phone.:D

Reactions: Ricom080@gmail.com

zerox_100

Sep 4, 2010
this isnt working!!!!!!........................................................tried with odin ...but nothing happened ...it stucks at setup connection and thats all..plzz help.......................this rom manager also bricked my gfit!!...

You sure do like dots. . . .

Anyway, while it's stuck at "Setup Connection", take the battery and unplug the USB-cable. Don't touch at Odin, leave it at "Setup Connection". Now insert the battery back and go to download mode, then plug the USB-cable.

If it doesn't work, try Odin with some other PC.

. . .

Reactions: legend_wok

cjlai

Oct 16, 2009
thanks for sharing this bro. it works well for my hard bricked phone.

i'm using i9003. hv to make a few attempts only can get this right. not easy to hold down 3 buttons and push in the battery. :D

guide08

Nov 11, 2011
ANKARA
You sure do like dots. . . .
Anyway, while it's stuck at "Setup Connection", take the battery and unplug the USB-cable. Don't touch at Odin, leave it at "Setup Connection". Now insert the battery back and go to download mode, then plug the USB-cable. If it doesn't work, try Odin with some other PC.
. . .

Hey, thanks for everything in advance...
But you say: "while it's stuck at "Setup Connection", take the battery, leave it at "setup connection".

When you take the battery while it's stuck this warning comes: e-dll cannot setup connection with the target

By the way my phone S5670 GALAXY FIT
AND if you hep me I will be very very glad

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

But you say: "while it's stuck at "Setup Connection", take the battery, leave it at "setup connection".

When you take the battery while it's stuck this warning comes: e-dll cannot setup connection with the target

Rom Manager destroyed my phone. And i have been in holiday for 10 days. I was miserable. I am not sure what happened to my phone. After I used Rom Manager, I can not open my phone, not access to Download Mod, even I can not see the Samsung logo etc. I only see a jet black screen...Please help...

Last edited:

jeswinsimon

Apr 2, 2011
Please help.. Bricked Galaxy fit.

I have a bricked galaxy fit. The phone gets detected by the pc when I plug in the battery and use the 3 button combo. But it gets stuck at setup connection... This is what I get when I unplug the battery when it gets stuck:
Code:
Download Start...
<0> Create File...
<1> StartThread Detected : 1
<2> StartThread Detected : 0
<3> StartThread Detected : 0
<4> StartThread Detected : 0
<5> StartThread Detected : 0
<6> StartThread Detected : 0
<7> StartThread Detected : 0
<8> StartThread Detected : 0
<1> setup connection...
<1> e - dll cannot setup connection with the target.
<0> Destroy instant..
<0> Killed timer

Please help me out.

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

Rom Manager destroyed my phone. And i have been in holiday for 10 days. I was miserable. I am not sure what happened to my phone. After I used Rom Manager, I can not open my phone, not access to Download Mod, even I can not see the Samsung logo etc. I only see a jet black screen...Please help...
guide08@gmail.com

a2zchad

Jan 14, 2012
This really works. After my I9100 froze and gone into reboot loop. I had to removing the battery and sim, It wouldn't boot. The phone was bricked!

Thanks for this life-saving solution. My SGS2 came back to live again just now.

Mar 14, 2007
This didn't work on mine totaly killed my galaxy s to the point no download mode just two lights on the front and that's it no screen nothing after i used odin, very strange as kies didn't reconise the phone yet odin did multiple updates showing pass yet it still wouldn't come back to life.
Had to hand it to a repair shop with mine.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

rahul_poo6711

Dec 28, 2011
hi

yesterday i bymistkly flashed my galaxy - 5 with galaxy -3 firmware..:'(
nw m not able to start my phone....not able to do nythng neitheri can start it..nor i can go to download mode...
please help me..! :'(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If your phone doesn’t boot into download mode and you have a black screen after flashing froyo heres how you unbrick it, it worked for me.

Step 1 – Prepare odin with the firmware u want to flash and get it ready to go;

Step 2 – Remove battery, SIM and SD card, next connect your galaxy to the computer;

Step 3 – Hold Volume down + Power + Home button at the same time;

Step 4 – Insert the battery and wait a bit;

Step 5 – At this point Odin should have detected your galaxy ( Yellow rectangle should appear in your odin );

Step 6 – Click Start button in Odin and wait about 5 min.

If all goes well it should come back to life.

If You Find My Post useful click thanks.
    We should start wearing helmets with how loosely the term brick is being thrown around.

If you can revive the phone, it was never a brick in the first place.
    This works because it wasn't actually a hard brick (in that the bootloaders are damaged) and step 5 proves this (Odin would find nothing to communicate with). It's not common, but having download mode and recovery not work at first does happen at times.

Which is why the first recommendation someone who reports a bricked phone without download mode is to remove the battery for a period of time before replacing it and trying it again, which often fixes it in such cases.

I believe the act of removing the battery in your steps likely did the same thing with the rest being largely unnecessary/placebo.
    Are you sure about this? Ive heard that black screen=trashed bootloader=need Riffbox to resurrect . I dont belive that you are cheating people here,its awesome if this works! :)
    Bad, bad, bad rom manager. Have you punished it? Ugly rom manager, jumped into your phone without your knowledge, awful.
    now buy the jig from eBay, and submit invoice to this guy, who put ROM manager on your phone.:D